Sword Coast Stratagems v33 now available

I have noticed that many wizard prefer to memorize and buff themself with protection from cold over protection from fire. Considering the large  number of spells providing fire damage, I think that protection from fire should  be a no brain pick up. 

I have killed Irenicus in Suldanessalar (fully buffed) with a mere dragon fire, fight has lasting 5 second.

Other than that, the mod is awesome, as always.

some bugs may be related to SCS 33.4 :

-I had a lot of chunk effect ( even after installating the CDT tweak componenet allowing to remove chunk effects)

-Component allowing to choose class and profeciencies all character get 10hp when they join the party and they do keep these 10hp whatever their own class is . (magicien/priest/fighter etc..)

Edited by DrAzTiK
3 hours ago, grodrigues said:

Sure. Below is a zip with the weidu.log and the SCS debug file. The error appears first in the Improved Shapeshift component, but is not fatal, and then explodes in the NPC customization.

I should add that this is a regression as with SCS v33.4 and weidu 246 everything installed fine.

Can you try unzipping the attached file, putting it into stratagems/sfo/general, and seeing if it fixes the problem?

lib_evaluate.zip

27 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Can you try unzipping the attached file, putting it into stratagems/sfo/general, and seeing if it fixes the problem?

It works. Only installed the components I wanted from the gameplay tweaks, but no errors or warnings. I do not have time now, so I will leave installing the rest for tomorrow and if some new problem arises I will holler.

Thanks for the trouble you took and the speedy response.

5 hours ago, grodrigues said:

It works. Only installed the components I wanted from the gameplay tweaks, but no errors or warnings. I do not have time now, so I will leave installing the rest for tomorrow and if some new problem arises I will holler.

Thanks for the trouble you took and the speedy response.

You're welcome. The bug was actually quite general, albeit only showing up on some install choices - I'm pleased to have had the chance to catch it early.

Posted earlier about Smarter Mages failing on trying to copy "dw#sumfi.spl". First I thought it was a bad download since everything installed fine on an clean install of just SCS. Started a larger install again and smarter mages again failed on that spell so some prior mod seems to be mucking things up.

I have an EET install that ended up going south that already has the spell in the override folder. I searched the SCS repository but couldn't find the spell itself so I assume it gets created at install time? Would things go horribly wrong if I copied the EET install version to get smarter mages to install solely on BG2EE? Note, haven't tried this idea yet.

Greetings, it is the first problem I have after having used this mod for a year, it really gives the game a unique touch.
I already tried to download the file again, but nothing keeps getting the error: illegal 22-byte write (AP_D5_DUAFCAP_D5_DUAFC) offset 0 of 11-byte file INNER_PATCH_SAVE
Here the log:

SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG

Edited by Ym22
8 hours ago, Ym22 said:

Greetings, it is the first problem I have after having used this mod for a year, it really gives the game a unique touch.
I already tried to download the file again, but nothing keeps getting the error: illegal 22-byte write (AP_D5_DUAFCAP_D5_DUAFC) offset 0 of 11-byte file INNER_PATCH_SAVE
Here the log:

SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG 181.8 kB · 1 download

There is a typo in the file 'dualfc.2da' in Tweaks Anthology that's causing this (it's used in component 2450, 'give PnP class restrictions'). If you uninstall that component you should be fine. (Or you can fix it yourself if you like - edit 'cdtweaks/2da/dualfc.2da' in Notepad or similar, find 'AP_D5_DUAFCAP_D5_DUAFC' and replace it with 'AP_D5_DUAFC AP_D5_DUAFC', and then reinstall that component.)

Please forgive me if this has been fixed in the newest version of SCS, but I have just encountered a double waylay encounter while playing BG:EE 2.5 with SCS 33.4. I am guessing that this is not intended, as I have always had them spawn alone in my previous playthroughs, and also I have never seen a double waylay in BG:EE before.

Anyhow, basically the dogs were present from the beginning of the waylay, and then after unpausing, ~1 second later the amazon group suddenly appeared and started their dialogue.

bg-scs-amazons-and-dogs.png

~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores -> Remove Arrows of Dispelling from stores: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5080 // Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7020 // Improved deployment for parties of assassins: v33.4
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7040 // Relocated bounty hunters: v33.4

5 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Unintentional, yes. I'll add it to the list to fix; in the meantime, you can CTRL-Y the dogs with a clear conscience.

Nah, it is all right. Both the amazons and the dogs are already dead, killed the conventional way 🙂.

It just brought back the feel of the original BG1 with its funky double or even triple waylays. More fun, and more XP. What more could you want?

Guest SCS fan №1034

I believe v33.4 didn't have this problem. Installed mods: Reverting pathfinding to 2.3, Rogue Rebalancing (revised thievery), SCS (no new spells, no NPC customisation, no challenges), the Tweaks Anthology (Max HP at Level One, Higher HP on Level Up, Maximum HP Creatures, Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices (100%), Happy Patch (NPCs get angry, but never leave, No Depreciation in Stores), Skip Chateau Irenicus. 

When dealing with Mae'Var, I summoned two bone fiends and they just proceed to attack each other.