Sword Coast Stratagems v33 now available

Guest Ludwig

Not a bug report, but I have a question, though not %100 sure if it's related to SCS. When I play with my solo Assassin char, most of the time he was higher than usual levels, especially during BG2 phase. However, whenever an enemy mage cast Dispel/Remove Magic, it dispelled all the buffs my char had, with %100 success rate. Isn't Dispel/Remove Magic spell supposed to work only sometimes, percentage calculated based on the difference between levels of the caster and the receiver? I would assume my char would at least sometimes be allowed to resist dispels, isn't that right? 

OK. Thanks to your signature (reference to renewed edition of Ascension) I had to reinstall once again - you really should consider an AIO-button 😉

Now I imported my Shapeshifter from Dragonspear to Irenicus Dungeon, but the paws are gone, and no innate is available to create them. Is this intended in any way? A new game with an random shapeshifter also gets no innate to generate the paws...

BTW The "Improved shapeshifter" component is pure gold (my opinion at the end of BG1). The only downside is the lesser werewolf form, which isn't appealing in any way.

Edited by Lianos

1. When I create a sorcerer in a ToB (...in ToBEx) game, one of my spell selections is automatically taken up by Contingency (even though I didn't select it in character creation, and it's not even an option), so I have a Contingency in both my spellbook as well as in my innates.

2. Additionally, I have two casts of Spell Trigger, Contingency, etc. available in my innates, even after resting.

3. If I instead create a BG1 character and level them up to epic-leveled, I correctly only have 1 casting of those spells in my innates, but the Contingency in my main spellbook appears again.

4. Interestingly, I decided to go level by level, and the Contingency-in-spellbook issue does not occur at level 12 (when a mage gets access to 6th level spells) as you might expect, but instead seems to be added at level 14 instead.

5. It occurred to me that it might not be a Sorcerer-centric problem, so I leveled up an Invoker to level 12 as well...and then 13, and 14, and bam, Contingency was suddenly in my spellbook.

As a test, I tried only having ToBEx, BG2 Fixpack, and literally just the SCS-make-Contingencies/Triggers-innates component and nothing else, and yep, it still happens.

Edited by Bartimaeus
56 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

1. When I create a sorcerer in a ToB (...in ToBEx) game, one of my spell selections is automatically taken up by Contingency (even though I didn't select it in character creation, and it's not even an option), so I have a Contingency in both my spellbook as well as in my innates.

2. Additionally, I have two casts of Spell Trigger, Contingency, etc. available in my innates, even after resting.

3. If I instead create a BG1 character and level them up to epic-leveled, I correctly only have 1 casting of those spells in my innates, but the Contingency in my main spellbook appears again.

4. Interestingly, I decided to go level by level, and the Contingency-in-spellbook issue does not occur at level 12 (when a mage gets access to 6th level spells) as you might expect, but instead seems to be added at level 14 instead.

5. It occurred to me that it might not be a Sorcerer-centric problem, so I leveled up an Invoker to level 12 as well...and then 13, and 14, and bam, Contingency was suddenly in my spellbook.

As a test, I tried only having ToBEx, BG2 Fixpack, and literally just the SCS-make-Contingencies/Triggers-innates component and nothing else, and yep, it still happens.

I can also confirm these (playing BGT) with SCS (with SR). I somehow assumed it was an SR bug but is apparently related to SCS?

On 7/19/2020 at 10:41 AM, DavidW said:

I've updated to v33.3, to fix the mxsplbrd edge-case bug, the incompatibility with DSotSC, and the incompatibility with whatever mod introduces T-BONE01.

EDIT: I should note that these aren't all the bugs I'm aware of; in particular, a bunch of compatibility issues with IWDification still need attention. These bugs were (a) readily fixable and (b) critical, in that they'd lead to install-time errors or crashes in some circumstances.

I discovered which mod added T-Bone01.  Haiass. @jastey

Nothing really. Its name has a hyphen in it, which vanilla items don’t, and SCS’s internal parser was interpreting it as an equation ‘t minus bone1’ and getting confused. I’ve fixed it at my end.

Hi, I just did a fresh install of BG2EE using the beamdog launcher. I then downloaded V33.3 of SCS and tried to install it. It seemed successful but when I start the game I get "Invalid:" and a string of number when selecting some spells. I have attached a SS below. I believe all the invalid spells are the IWD ones. SCS is the only mod installed, any suggestions? Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/7MfUUyv.png