Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

Guest Morgoth

Planning to use this mod in my next playthrough.

But rather than using it for my own charname, I would like to have the improved ai for my summons (I find it anticlimatic that I have to control them as player).

I wonder, did you also touch Solar's AI? little spoiler - if you care about refinements mod do not read

You can summon solar via divine intervention hla (only available for clerics). So it would be great if you could also add some improved ai scripts for them

Guest Ofelshadow

Hey I just uninstalled and reinstalled BG:EE through Steam...New installation... I placed the exe at D:\games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\
and run it. Installed successfully.. 
When I pressed "D" using the moCore script I got an error "invalid: 48286" and the script keep going and acting nuts, casting heal cure wounds on self while being full HP and more...
Any advice on what the issue can be? What does "invalid: 48286" means or indicates?

Thank you!

8 hours ago, Guest Ofelshadow said:

Hey I just uninstalled and reinstalled BG:EE through Steam...New installation... I placed the exe at D:\games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\
and run it. Installed successfully.. 
When I pressed "D" using the moCore script I got an error "invalid: 48286" and the script keep going and acting nuts, casting heal cure wounds on self while being full HP and more...
Any advice on what the issue can be? What does "invalid: 48286" means or indicates?

Thank you!

Are you running sod with the install? I'm updating the hover text which should resolve any issue you are experiencing. As such, I have Russian and soon (thanks to @Cahir) Polish translations for this mod. If anyone is interested in helping translate into additional languages, it would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by morpheus562
Guest Ofelshadow
12 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Are you running sod with the install? I'm updating the hover text which should resolve any issue you are experiencing. As such, I have Russian and soon (thanks to @Cahir) Polish translations for this mod. If anyone is interested in helping translate into additional languages, it would be greatly appreciated!

I am not running sod with the install.  DO I need to? I can buy SoD is that is what is needed.
Right now in the BG:EE folder is only BG:EE, no mods and no SoD...
Just have Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition on steam

Are there any prerequisites I SHOULD install for the scripts to work? such as SR or anything else? 

What does the "invalid: 48286"  imply? I myself an electronic engineer specialized in computer hardware and code. Year ago when BG:EE wasn't around, I had a massive script I wrote that was incredible, but was lost to time, and the BG:EE is a whole new thing for me as far as scripting goes... Near Infinity works, but not as it used to with spells ID and Item ID changes and overhaul BG:EE... 
Maybe I can look into it myself, I just have no clue how to track the error message to it's problem source, of course, as we know from coding, the error message doesn't always help, but sometimes it is worth a look.
Right now, 

The updates I'm working on will resolve the issue you're seeing. The script is trying to reference a dialog file that doesn't exist (I made the incorrect assumption that sod was installed on all bgee games). Regardless, the update will allow the scripts to work without sod present.

Guest ofelshadow
13 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

The updates I'm working on will resolve the issue you're seeing. The script is trying to reference a dialog file that doesn't exist (I made the incorrect assumption that sod was installed on all bgee games). Regardless, the update will allow the scripts to work without sod present.

O I see now! thank you. I will just buy SoD. I've been meaning to do so anyway, was just waiting to finish the game again before I do so meantime maybe there's a sell on it. It seem SoD isn't going to get any discount on steam, as even summer-sale\weekend deals, it is the only one never getting discount 

Guest Ofelshadow
13 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

Updates to the scripts should be coming out in a day or so. Once released, they should work for you without needing to purchase sod.

I can definitely see you are hard at work and have my respect for it and dedicating so much time to work for free to make other's game more enjoyable.
I've been meaning to get SoD anyway, the price is not giant issue, I thought it was a separate installation to BG:EE (IE. stand-alone installation that is independent).
Now that I know it is more of a DLC and that it actually complements strings, I understand it may even complement updates\items and more tools on the game engine and more.

So I look about and found SoD on sale and got it cheap, I can now see the entire start menu is differently designed and the graphics are way more slick and elegent. I think it even has a better response time to clicking opn menues and such. Happy I made this decision and thank you for you quick and constant updates!

Advice, put a little "NOTE!" on your script page saying that upcoming update will solve cosmetic issues to those who has BG:EE without SoD.