Transitions 2.x Bug Reports and Feedback

Lauriel

6 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

I tried the house in front of ducal palace and the cabin in High Edge as a reward from Eltan, but both have the same behaviour : the door open when I click on it, but there is no way to enter inside, and after some time the door automatically closes itself.

If you are using v2.0, that is a known issue that is now fixed if the current version.

- with SCS, final battle against Sarevok requires to first kill Tazok, Darmyd, Semaj and Angelo before being able to kill Sarevok. But their death doesn't seem to be recorded by Transitions, since Belt asks me to hunt them.

- with SCS, when one of the Sarevok's acolytes is killed in the final battle, it is raised as an undead warrior. When killing Tazok in the sewers, I was surprised to see him raised again as an undead warrior there too.

This would be an SCS issue.  Transitions doesn't record deaths.  The game system does that.  So it appears SCS is resetting the variable that indicates they are dead.  It must also polymorph the NPC and not return it to its proper form.  I'm not sure if I can correct something that happens in a mod that is installed well after Transitions, but I'll investigate.  @DavidW, is this something better handled on your end?

when Belt asks me to hunt Tazok, Kivan replies it will be dead and not alive. Then Belt shouts "DEAD OR ALIVE", and then I have an invalid reply or link to choose as a dialogue option, and journal is not updated with the quest.

- when I kill Tazok in the sewers, Kivan doesn't have interjection, ans his quest " Kivan and tazok" is not updated.

I'll check this out.

Edited by Lauriel
5 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

- I tried the house in front of ducal palace and the cabin in High Edge as a reward from Eltan, but both have the same behaviour : the door open when I click on it, but there is no way to enter inside, and after some time the door automatically closes itself.

I'll see if I can come up with a cumulative hot fix for you so you'll not need to do a complete reinstall...no guarantees.

@Trouveur80I'm sorry but I am not able to give you a hotfix for the travel regions.  I do apologize.  Any fix would have to be done before you entered the areas with the bad travel regions.  For the house in front of the ducal palace and the palace room on the 3rd floor, this would be before you ever entered the BG-North area.  That's quite a ways back from where you currently are.  Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with editing save games, but if you send your latest to me I'll do my best.

For the Kivan/Tazok quest, I was unable to find an ending for the quest line in the BG1NPC files.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't expecting to have to do this since the fight in the undercity temple is the end of BG1.  Perhaps the current maintainer for that mod could put one in?  @jasteyis that you or can you point me to who should be made aware of this?

Edited by Lauriel

I'm current maintainer of BG1NPC. BG1NPC should consider if Transitions makes another Tazok encounter. I have no idea how the Kivan/Tazok encounter in BG1NPC goes, though. If there is a reaction to his death already, it could just be used the moment Tazok actually dies, no matter when. I won't have time for this anytime soon, though.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

If there is a reaction to his death already, it could just be used the moment Tazok actually dies, no matter when.

That's what I was looking for and failed to find.  I just assumed that since that is normally the end of the game, that there simply was no need seen to put one in originally.  If I missed something, I'd be happy to make sure it fires when he dies in Transitions controlled events.

26 minutes ago, Lauriel said:

I just assumed that since that is normally the end of the game, that there simply was no need seen to put one in originally. 

I don't know whether BG1NPC includes a closure to the quest. If you searched for it and didn't find one then I guess it's not included yet.

EDIT: Including this for "Tazok dies and the game is still running" would make sense, anyway, also for EndlessBG1, as well as SoD in general since Kivan would remain in Korlasz Dungeon in the group (for original SoD), I guess.

Thanks for your quick replies ! 🙂

I'm away from my computer this weekend so I couldn't check the Transitions version number. I'll do it when back at home.

- for Kivan quest journal entry after meeting Tazok at the bandits camp, after reading your comments on this, I remember than in unmodded 2.6 game, it updated itself normally. On the other hand, in all my playthrough with BG1 NPC Project installed, this quest entry never updated itself. But as @Jastey said, it would probably be  best than this quest really ends after tazok final death.

- for the interactions between SCS improved final battle component and the hunting quests from Transitions, maybe you could add an option during install where you ask if the player intends to install SCS improved final battle component after Transitions ? If the player says yes, you could automatically disable the hunting for Tazok, Angelo, Semaj and Dyamid ? That would fix both issues, having to kill them again and having them raising as undead warriors again.

- for Kivan's interjection with Belt about Tazok, I will post screenshots when back at home.

EDIT : nevermind, I just read that you already fixed it in 2.4 release. You're really fast. it's impressive.

- really thank you for trying to make an hotfix for my savegame ! I will see the houses in my next run. 🙂 For now ToSC awaits me, and after than SoD, with the new mod from @Jastey to investigate the Crusade.

Since me first post was about troubleshootings, I will say here really thank you for this mod, not having to delay killing Sarevok in order to do ToSC quests is really nice.

This mod will be mandatory in all my next BGEE runs. 🙂

Edited by Trouveur80
33 minutes ago, Trouveur80 said:

I will say here really thank you for this mod, not having to delay killing Sarevok in order to do ToSC quests is really nice.

This mod will be mandatory in all my next BGEE runs.

I'm glad you liked it!  Have fun in SoD! :)  I need to try out that mod of Jastey's as well. 

On 12/30/2021 at 3:26 PM, Endarire said:

@Lauriel
Does the personal chest from this mod also follow Shamen into their shamanic stronghold from Will of the Wisps?  If not, may we get that too?

Thankee!

@Lavaand I tried to fit this in in the very short time frame I have to work on modding but we came up short.  When I get another stretch of free time, I'll work on it again.  It's on my list of things to do.  I know we can make it happen, it'll just take more time than I have right now.  Sorry!

1 hour ago, jastey said:

To make the moving Player1 chest indipendent on other people's cowork you could consider moving it into a tweak which will be installed later in install order.

That's what @Lava and I discussed.  He thought maybe asking for it to be included in the cross-mod banters pack when I have free time again.

I already put Crossmod from Ajantis to Alternatives into the Crossmod Banter Pack, so I have no probpem "updating" the mod to a "General Crossmod Mod".

My suggestion was to make the moving Player1 chest a tweak unrelated to Transitions, because I think it's a neat tweak other players might also enjoy.

So I checked my current install, I indeed have Transitions 2.0 installed.

I did some more cleanup quests (Winski, Cythandria and Tamoko). I really like how the one with Tamoko was handeld.

For Cythandria in the Elfsong tavern, I ran into a bug or inconsistancy : she had the same dialog as in the Iron Throne headquarters, was guarded by the same two stone golems from SCS that I already previously slayed, and when she died she left another two letters from Slythe and Sarevok's diary.

8 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

For Cythandria in the Elfsong tavern, I ran into a bug or inconsistancy : she had the same dialog as in the Iron Throne headquarters

If you had killed her before, she shouldn't have been a clean-up quest.  Since she had SCS stone golems I have to think this is an SCS inconsistency again. Thank you the heads up, I'll have to do some research.  I'll put this on my list of things to do.

8 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

I really like how the one with Tamoko was handeld.

I'm glad you liked it.  It was one of my favorites as well, although a dialogue line in the Angelo encounter cracks me up and is probably my favorite.