Transitions 2.x Bug Reports and Feedback

Lauriel

3 hours ago, jastey said:

Transitions seem to have some issues that would need to be addressed. Unfortunately, I don't have time for it currently. It is on my list and I will look at it when I'll find the time.

I've already checked previous comments but maybe something new has come up about the subject, so just to be on the safe side: are those issues relevant to the whole mod, or just some components that we should avoid? Say, if I'm only interested in Transition's BG2 content (the main component and the Irenicus in hell movie spell restoration), because I already rely on EndlessBG1 for the BG1 content, would that be fine?

Edited by Connelly
9 minutes ago, Connelly said:

Say, if I'm only interested in Transition's BG2 content (the main component and the Irenicus in hell movie spell restoration), because I already rely on EndlessBG1 for the BG1 content, would that be fine?

The main component of Transitions overwrites almost everything from EndlessBG1 that isn't touched by Transitions' optional components. If you install Transitions and EndlessBG1, you basically see Transitions handling of new transition to SoD (via the item), Korlasz' Dungeon in BG1, Imoen&Jannath, Belt's dialogue, etc.

That said, I lost track of what bugs are reported and whether they are in the main component or in optional components of Transitions. There is also reports of crashes when using the item to advance to SoD, that would be the main component.

Understood, thanks. I misremembered and thought only of the incompatibility between the Korlasz' dungeon bits, and must have gotten the wrong idea at some point that each mod main component simply added things without stepping on each other. I'll stick to Endless and add only the spells after Sarevok and Irenicus as a test then, those seem self contained enough.

Is there any technical reason the BG1 and BG2 main components of this mod cannot be separated? It would be great if we could use one or the other only. I'm wondering if it'd be simply a matter of commenting out all the BG1 part in the main component, as a cursory glance at the code makes the two seem technically independent of each other?

On 3/5/2024 at 9:38 PM, Isewein said:

Is there any technical reason the BG1 and BG2 main components of this mod cannot be separated? It would be great if we could use one or the other only. I'm wondering if it'd be simply a matter of commenting out all the BG1 part in the main component, as a cursory glance at the code makes the two seem technically independent of each other?

My guess, without looking too deeply into the code, is that doing so would take some amount of time and effort, which Lauriel does not have to put into making such improvements.

Guest Centurion

So, I installed this and finished up my tasks and what not in BG1 after defeating Sarevok. After doing everything I wanted to I went to Duke Belt and got sent to Korlasz Tomb. No problem. (Duke Janneth had already relieved me of Imoen. My party was PC, Alora, Branwen, Ajantis, and two mod NPCs from Glam's NPC Pack. When I entered the tomb I got "invalid response" from the cut scene Sarevok followers, but then the adventure proceeded normally. Completed all my tasks and so on. (Will add, I had mod items like Bag of Holding from CD Tweaks.) But when I attempt to leave, the game crashes. As an added note, there was no Imoen there and I did not also install Endless BG1 (I have before but not this time.) 

Thinking maybe I needed to be in SoD, I tried importing various games from BGEE to SoD. On all of them the mod materials (holding containers and such) disappear. I do get the intro conversations and Imoen is present and talking. However, I am naturally at the start of the tomb, even when I import a save from the end of the tomb. Also, my mod NPCs continue to say "Hello, there." Endlessly. Removing them causes them to endlessly ask to re-join. It's stuck in a loop.

What can I do? CLUA to the grand dukes? CLUA Imoen into the BGEE/Transitions saves? Give up? 

I did try to create an account here, but it won't do the security check. Not my day for tech issues.

13 hours ago, Guest Centurion said:

Also, my mod NPCs continue to say "Hello, there." Endlessly. Removing them causes them to endlessly ask to re-join. It's stuck in a loop.

This is the same thing that happened in my game with phantom Illasera from Black Hearts. I don’t have Transitions installed so the source is different. But it sounds like the same kind of dialogue error.