Please check my install list (2.6 EET)

Oh, that's "great", haha.

Interesting findings - might yield clues as to what gave birth to it.

I don't think that I have the install of that save still, so my testing capabilities might be limited.

18 minutes ago, Gwaihir said:

-I can also tell it to speak to someone, and nothing happens, and then this creature 'turns' into whatever character stands nearest, even a commoner. (god, I wish I could paste screenshots; if anyone can explain me why I have a max total size of 2.12 kb for attachements, please do 😑)

I think, that the forum offers 1MB of upload storage per account, you can check there and delete your old stuff, if you want to.

Did you try @subtledoctor's NI suggestion?

Edited by Gordian
9 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Look at that area file in the savegame

@Gordian I think I nailed our invisible man. This creature is strangely listed as non-party character 50, is equipped with the sandthief ring and Imoen's belt (no wonder I couldn't kill it), and has a script: g_traps1, which is added by TnT component 'Improved trap detection'. This is the relative code:

// Global minion for autopause. Traps can't PauseGame themsselves, and ActionOverride on PC will interrupt PC actions.
OUTER_SPRINT traps_minion_pause ~g_traps1~
LAF CREATE_MINION STR_VAR cre = ~%traps_minion_pause%~ script = ~%traps_minion_pause%~ END
COMPILE ~%comp_baf_dir%/%traps_minion_pause%.baf~

Asaict, this means that to pause the game whenever a trap is found, the mod summons a minion. And I can reproduce this. Just loaded a save without the issue, entered the bottom centre house in Beregost that has a trapped chest, imoen displays the message 'I sense a trap!', game pauses, and right there in the room, our invisible friend. Needless to say, leaving him there and trying to move to another area gets the 'you must gather' message.

At this point, the short term solution would be disabling autopause when finding traps.  NOPE. The same issue happens also with Autopause for traps turned off. Looks like this invisible minion gets in the way no matter what. I'll open an issue on BGforge's github, maybe it can be fixed.

EDIT: thank you guys for the attachements space tips!

Edited by Gwaihir

Ha!

Great job. : )

This also explains why I didn't encounter this bug on later installs, since I figured I don't need the component. Is it really the core component or just the auto-pause one? I only discarded the latter (8/9). My UI (at least) has trap auto-pause anyways.

And it was TnT after all. Yea, Magus is very responsive. I did open a (albeit lengthy) issue myself there but didn't find the time to split etc. Feel free to pick up anything you find relevant there, it's already closed.

Edit: TnT is a great mod in my opinion, really deserves more compatibility and feedback on features.

Edited by Gordian
1 minute ago, subtledoctor said:

FWIW I use this mod for instant trap detection. Different, to be sure, but if you need a replacement...

You can actually use them together if you choose to go with instant trap detection from TnT. Works with my install order and is pretty neat. Only thing missing from this setup is support for Thieving Skills for Bards (etc.).

2 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

That looks spiffy indeed! Would I be able to install this on an ongoing game? I would uninstall 'NPC kit choices' first, obviously, but could I leave the other 'old' components that change NPCs classes?

Actually I want to try doing this as well - it's really annoying me that I just made this thing and I can't use it because I'm 3/4 through a game. Maybe I'll make a sort of hotfix version of v5 that can be installed on top of v4.

27 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

FWIW I use this mod for instant trap detection. Different, to be sure, but if you need a replacement...

Cool, definitely worthy of a try, although I really like the idea that every character can sense some kind of danger, and warn the party. It also lessens a bit the need to micromanage trapfinding, without the immersion-breaking decision to remove them all. Thanks for the tip.

23 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

That looks spiffy indeed! Would I be able to install this on an ongoing game? I would uninstall 'NPC kit choices' first, obviously, but could I leave the other 'old' components that change NPCs classes?

Okay, I have made a hotfix/upgrade mod that you can install right into a game that already has NPC_EE v4 installed, if you want to try this out. (It actually was pretty easy.) If you have been in areas with any NPCs, they will not have the new tomes, and they might have the old innate ability. But you can use the console to give them the tome:

C:CreateItem("d5_ckit")

...and the old innate ability might actually work just fine, since the script and dialogues it runs have been updated.

And if things are wonky, or you just don't like it, then you can simply uninstall it. Yay for Weidu.

Edited by subtledoctor

Allright, Magus was kind enough (and very quick!) to provide a solution for our Invisible friend.

If anybody has the same problem, the following code needs to be pasted inside g_traps1.bcs:

IF
  True()
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    Wait(3)
    DestroySelf()
END

This should be there by default after every install, but in my game it wasn't and so the invisible familiar that gets summoned to pause the game lingered indefinitely, and caused problems.

@Gordian if you would like to try again Tnt traps, this works well now, with autopause too.

4 minutes ago, Gwaihir said:

Maybe the .exe file needs the 'Setup-' prefix?

Yup, I think that's it. Thanks for the heads-up.

(You can just manually rename the file to test that - there's nothing sacred about these Weidu .exe files, they are in fact all 100% identical, the only difference between "setup-CDTweaks.exe" and "setup-Stratagems.exe" is that the name is different, and the name tells the .exe which .tp2 script to run.)

Edited by subtledoctor
On 2/4/2022 at 4:01 AM, subtledoctor said:

Okay, I have made a hotfix/upgrade mod that you can install right into a game that already has NPC_EE v4 installed

Welp, looks like I broke 5e casting for my protagonist. I know mine is an edge case cause I installed that hotfix/upgrade mid-run, but if it was possible to save the run, I would like that.  After one rest, he reverted to the vancian casting system, without focus spells, but still retained the 'change prepared spells' ability. Clicking that turns off casting and allows for memorization as usual, but after resting - still vancian. And the ability is gone.

Tried giving him the kit again with the tome, and the process went smoothly (he obviously had a bajillion proficiencies at the end). However, after resting - same issue. It's a little bit random too, cause jaheira's 5e casting works fine, and I made no changes for my entire party.

I noticed that after changing my protagonist's kit the message 'initialize 5e spellcasting' was not displayed, which is probably a big hint... is there a way to initialize that via console? Can't really remove charname from party and rejoin, can I?

Another smaller issue, don't know if it's related.. this is how Imoen's spells currently look for me after casting a spell:

Spoiler

image.gif.a38c465e80ef2bae3bf2c5d466e75ad2.gif

And this is how it looks after I wait for a few seconds. I did nothing else, Just waited:

Spoiler

image.gif.5cc55beb8f219178b95aaf5db93ce097.gif

The casting slots work fine, if I keep casting spells I eventually run out. And after every spell cast, quickly opening the spell menu shows the actual casting slots.

Edited by Gwaihir