Please check my install list (2.6 EET)

1 hour ago, Quester said:

Or is there an easier way? I noticed with hundreds of mods loaded, PI hangs for a while each time I try to change something...which makes this work time-consuming to say the least.

Yes, that is quite unfortunate. If you have a lot of mods, and start expanding the corresponding trees, the app lags a lot and it's increasingly annoying to tick the components to be installed; especially when considering that for many mods PI doesn't remember what components were ticked, so after a restart one has to select them all again. This is one of the reasons I got my list externalized onto a doc file, that I can always copy components from. Here's what I do, is quite simple:

- From the left side of PI, expand a few mods, and tick the components I want to install;

- Then I click on 'set install sequence', so the components list appears in the bottom right window;

- I select all the components from that window, and copy/paste them inside a doc file (any text file will do, I think);

- Click on the refresh button; this will remove the ticks from a few mods, and hopefully reduce the stuttering a lot;

- resume ticking components from the last one I exported.

This obviously requires you to have your mind made up on which components you want, but in the end you'll have a list, quite like the one I posted, that you can just paste in the bottom right window of Project Infinity, and click start. I would suggest to avoid pasting everything at the same time; installation can take a fair amount of time, and some mods require inputs.

Absolutely true, and one of the main reasons for carefully checking every readme of every mod. I should also point out that, in the early stages of setting up my install, I did take advantage of the dynamic install order as much as possible. I can't really say I had all the components ticked at the same time (Project Infinity was lagging too much) but I'm almost positive my list respects the dynamic install order rules. Obviously not all mods implement those inside their metadata, and one can never be 100% sure anyway. This is the main reason I created this thread, after all.

A couple of things to keep in mind to make your life easier when checking for install order rules:

- you don't need to tick every component in every mod. Expanding a mod and ticking just one component is enough for the install order to be displayed in the middle of the app. (there are of course cases where you need to split components of a mod, like SCS's IWD spells, but those are edge cases that one should know already anyway).

- even without relying on the graphical cues, you can check the before/after rules inside a mod metadata in the top right window of PI, after clicking on a mod. They are usually at the bottom, so just scroll down.

By the way, @Graion Dilach, there is a compatibility issue between 5e casting and the mail of the evereskan tomb guardian from EEEE. That armor in my game is disabling Xan's casting. I should also point out that I made him a fighter/enchanter through NPC_EE.

Edited by Gwaihir

@Gwaihir

Would you consider adding your WeiDU.log to the repository created by Morpheus562?

https://github.com/morpheus562/Baldurs-Gate-Install-Order-List-Repository

Other players can then import such a log into PI and avoid having to do tons and tons of clicking and waiting. And just unselect whatever components they don't want.

As far as I understand, building a large functioning mod list with everything in the correct order is easiest when starting from an already existing list.

57 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

If someone can point me to the .itm I can take a look...

https://github.com/GraionDilach/ExtraExpandedEnhancedEncounters/blob/master/ExtraExpandedEnhancedEncounters/items/OLCHAN01.ITM

... and actually, it's not coded as elven. Okay, bug's on my side. Gotta fix.

EDIT: Actually not. It lacks op145 and I forgot that op145 is set on all default armors. So it should have been fine. What does 5e check for?

Edited by Graion Dilach

Darned if I remember. :laugh:  I’ll check.

EDIT - well I'm pleased to report that this armor is probably handled identically to other elven chain and similar "caster armors." I'm less pleased to note that I think all of those armors are being mis-handled by the 5E casting mod. I think one of the recent updates messed things up for caster armors. I try to test both with the one mod alone, and also in the context of a game with a gazillion mods... but there are tons and tons of permutations that can allow bugs like this to slip through the cracks. At any rate, I figured this out now and I have fixed and updated all relevant mods.

Here is a hotfix for games in progress. I would:

1. remove any such armor so that your spellcasting comes back
  2. save the game
  3. install the hotfix
  4. play the game again and put the armor back on
Edited by subtledoctor
5 hours ago, Quester said:

Would you consider adding your WeiDU.log to the repository created by Morpheus562?

https://github.com/morpheus562/Baldurs-Gate-Install-Order-List-Repository

Other players can then import such a log into PI and avoid having to do tons and tons of clicking and waiting. And just unselect whatever components they don't want.

As far as I understand, building a large functioning mod list with everything in the correct order is easiest when starting from an already existing list.

I would be glad to contribute, if I could provide a fully working installation list without problems. So far however I've encountered a few issues (and I'm still in chapter 3, who knows what will happen); a couple have been solved with updates, but others are more problematic, like the fire wand issue. Not to mention the 'fixes' I had to apply both before and after install, as documented in the first post. I'm a little hesitant in promoting a list that I know can have issues, albeit not major ones.

As for importing the weidu log inside PI, I've never used that functionality so I can't speak for it, but if it works for you I can certainly upload it. If you plan on ticking/unticking components in a mod tree already heavily ticked, it's probably going to lag a lot. You might be better off with the method I described above. Anyway, attached are the logs; I hope they can be useful for you.

WeiDU.log WeiDU-BGEE.log

@Gwaihir I am building my EET modlist and install order. I have been reading almost every post related to EET install and gathered a lot of infos. At the moment i am organising the quest mods and  everything related to NPCs  (New PNCs, NPC continuation/expansion, Banters, crossmod content...). And i have to admit that i have issues ordering quest and NPC mods. I checked your install order and couldn't figure out what is your philosophy. What rules did you follow ?

For the quest mods, i initially ordered them like this (inspired by SRR readme) :

Ascension / DSotSC / NtotSC/ BG1 content mods (including Endless BG1, Transition,...) / BG2 content mods. My quest modlist is almost identical to yours (not in the way they are ordered). I don't have those megamods (CtB and Region of Terror) and I also noticed that Unfinished Business is missing.

Almost same issues with NPCs. I have more or less 3 groups : New NPCs, NPC expansion/continuation and banters/crossmod content. But it is still difficult to decide in which order i put those mods in each group.

I mean i have no problem to apply readme recommandations or the before/after dynamic thing from PI (even if some mods need a special attention). But i always end up with "why not here after this one" with no particular reason.

Edited by Mordekaie
3 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

I checked your install order and couldn't figure out what is your philosophy. What rules did you follow ?

3 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

I mean i have no problem to apply readme recommandations or the before/after dynamic thing from PI (even if some mods need a special attention). But i always end up with "why not here after this one" with no particular reason.

Well, to put it briefly, there is no philosophy. When thinking about this list, I had your same doubts, and didn't find many answers, simply because there aren't many. I started with a 'generic' order, like: 1 - quests, 2 - npcs, 3 - items, 4 - spells, 5 - kits; older mods 'usually' before more recent ones; checked readmes; used PI's dynamic install order; asked modders; this is getting me somewhere, but only so far. For many mods, the only instructions I could find is 'after EET_core, before EET_end'. That's it. Even those mods that do come with compatibility instructions, are only taking into account a few other mods (totally understandable, how could one account or all mods out there?).

So for example, I know Isra has crossmod content with Valerie and Ninde, so I put the Isra components after those mods. But what about the other Npcs? If there is no instruction, it shouldn't matter, but there is no sure answer for each mod in relation to each other one.

That's why I created this thread (and others did the same). To get a few more answers from modders and ask for help when issues come up. If this is going to be of any help to others, I'll be all the happier for it.

On 12/19/2021 at 4:56 PM, Gwaihir said:

Just to be sure: the manual of war part of setup.klatu.tp2 now looks like this:

// ulcaster
		ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR3901.bcs~) BEGIN
			EXTEND_TOP ~AR3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
		END
		ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR9798.bcs~) BEGIN
			EXTEND_TOP ~AR9798.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
		END
		ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~eet~) BEGIN
			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~BG3901.bcs~) BEGIN
				EXTEND_TOP ~BG3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
			END
 		END

correct?

@Graion Dilach @GwaihirI really don't know what to do to correctly "apply" this Klatupatch. I opened setup-klatu.tp2 with Notepad ++ and found //ulcaster on line 359. Then i am quite lost and instead of going blind i prefer to ask for help...

Il also went on the SHS forum to look for the fix from Graion Dilach :

Git diff against version 1.7 to fix Manual of War placement in TuTu and EET.

diff --git a/klatu/setup-klatu.tp2 b/klatu/setup-klatu.tp2
index 6f252a0..901fe34 100644
--- a/klatu/setup-klatu.tp2
+++ b/klatu/setup-klatu.tp2
@@ -357,11 +357,28 @@ LANGUAGE ~German~
 		END

// ulcaster
-		ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR3901.bcs~) BEGIN
-			EXTEND_TOP ~AR3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+		ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bgee~) BEGIN
+			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR3901.bcs~) BEGIN
+				EXTEND_TOP ~AR3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+			END
 		END
-		ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR9798.bcs~) BEGIN
-			EXTEND_TOP ~AR9798.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+
+		ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc~) BEGIN
+			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW3901.bcs~) BEGIN
+				EXTEND_TOP ~FW3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+			END
+		END
+
+		ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bgt~) BEGIN
+			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR9798.bcs~) BEGIN
+				EXTEND_TOP ~AR9798.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+			END
+		END
+
+		ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~eet~) BEGIN
+			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~BG3901.bcs~) BEGIN
+				EXTEND_TOP ~BG3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
+			END
 		END

// BGT transition

That is a diff format. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff

Basically, all those existing ulcaster blocks are extended with game checks and follows it all up with an EET block.

The result will look like this, actually.

// ulcaster
		ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bgee~) BEGIN
			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR3901.bcs~) BEGIN
				EXTEND_TOP ~AR3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
			END
		END

ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc~) BEGIN
			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~FW3901.bcs~) BEGIN
				EXTEND_TOP ~FW3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
			END
		END

ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bgt~) BEGIN
			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~AR9798.bcs~) BEGIN
				EXTEND_TOP ~AR9798.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
			END
		END

ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~eet~) BEGIN
			ACTION_IF (FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~BG3901.bcs~) BEGIN
				EXTEND_TOP ~BG3901.bcs~ ~klatu/baf/ulcasterSpawn.baf~
			END
		END

Edited by Graion Dilach
On 3/11/2022 at 6:42 PM, subtledoctor said:

Here is a hotfix for games in progress.

Damn, sorry, I only right now noticed this post was edited with a hotfix. Just tried it. Indeed, there were a few 'caster' armors not properly working, like the armor for Xan from ExtraExpandedEnhancedEncounters, or Indi's chain mail from Indira, or Ursa's armor (fur armor from Shades of the sword coast); now they all allow casting spells... and so does every single armor I have. Indira (plain fighter/mage) can cast spells while wearing full plate; Imoen (jinxer) can don ankheg plate mail and while unable to use thieving abilities, can still cast spells. I should also point out that every time each of those two characters equipped an armor, their displayed casting slots were increased by an amount equal to the actual casting slots. Indira too, which doesn't have a Might and guile kit: she has 3 cast slots, I equip an armor, after a few seconds they become 6. Divine casters seem unaffected.