Please check my install list (2.6 EET)

15 hours ago, Nori said:

I'm curious, is there any particular reason you have EET_End before SCS? I thought it was supposed to be the final thing.  :)

Well, the short answer is: because SCS's readme says so. It's also the case when reading about other players install orders and opinions on this forum, so I just went along.

3 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

Well, the short answer is: because SCS's readme says so. It's also the case when reading about other players install orders and opinions on this forum, so I just went along.

Ah interesting. I must have missed that part of the readme. It's a lot to read.  :)

I've been trying to get a heavily modded (slightly less so than yours) EET game going for a while. Keep having feature creep and have run into a few issues. Your post has helped a lot!
Several mods you have I hadn't heard of and I'm excited to use them, like the EEUI Tweaks and the HiddenGameplay.

Last issue I'm trying to figure out. Scales of Balance SBO (component 200) revises racial stats to be a bit more dynamic. Elves get +1 Dex/Int, -1 Str and -2 Con. But something is over riding just the stats for them. The other changes all take. The only thing I have after SoB is the worldmap, portraits everywhere, EET_end, Strategems and NPC_EE. Seems like none of those should change it... About to test to see if maybe EET changes it.

33 minutes ago, Nori said:

Scales of Balance SBO (component 200) revises racial stats to be a bit more dynamic. Elves get +1 Dex/Int, -1 Str and -2 Con. But something is over riding just the stats for them. The other changes all take. The only thing I have after SoB is the worldmap, portraits everywhere, EET_end, Strategems and NPC_EE.

I don't know why any of those should overwrite it... but at any rate the racial stat adjustments are pretty simple to change, just open ABRACEAD.2da from your override folder or in NI. It is human-readable, you can implement the SOB adjustments (or different ones, if you like) without much trouble.

27 minutes ago, Nori said:

It's a lot to read.

Yes, it is 😆

34 minutes ago, Nori said:

Several mods you have I hadn't heard of and I'm excited to use them, like the EEUI Tweaks and the HiddenGameplay.

Glad about that, there are some very enjoyable mods out there that deserve a lot of praise. If you like UI tweaks, you might want to check this thread: it's a whole package, so easier to install.

38 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

I don't know why any of those should overwrite it... but at any rate the racial stat adjustments are pretty simple to change, just open ABRACEAD.2da from your override folder or in NI. It is human-readable, you can implement the SOB adjustments (or different ones, if you like) without much trouble.

Ok, just tested it. EET_End appears to override the stat changes for some reason. I tested a install with just your mods, but SoB right before EET_end. Don't get why it would make any of those changes... Think it'd be fine to have SoB 200 and 201 after eet_end?
Oh that sounds easy enough. I'll try making that change to the override.

edit: ah but wait.. abracead.2da shows the correct values, but in game doesn't reflect those changes.

Edited by Nori

Figured it out. The stats are indeed being applied. half-orcs are max 16 Charisma for instance, but 19 strength. But the descriptions don't show up right. I believe the saves overhaul changes the dwarves and halflings saves to be specific  numbers and that isn't in the description either.

1 minute ago, Graion Dilach said:

If you put together multiple mods which affect the same areas then the descriptions can end up wrong, yes.

Wouldn't have thought EET would make those changes, but it appears that they do. I opened up dialog.tlk in a text editor and there are two racial descriptions. The correct one from SoB and a incorrect one presumably from EET_end.

EET_end doesn't touch class/kit/proficiency descriptions. Scales adds new ones though and you can find the BG1/BG2 ones alongside, but those aren't used by Scales. If these are wrong, then it comes from another tweakmod, which could be... I don't know because you don't even post a weidu.log.

36 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

EET_end doesn't touch class/kit/proficiency descriptions. Scales adds new ones though and you can find the BG1/BG2 ones alongside, but those aren't used by Scales. If these are wrong, then it comes from another tweakmod, which could be... I don't know because you don't even post a weidu.log.

This one?

I just did a bare minimum install. EET with SoB. My BG:EE install does have unfinished business and drizzt saga installed though.

WeiDU.log

So, this playthrough has been stuck for a while. I think I finally found the cause.

As described here, the game just kept crashing right after the transition from BG1 into SoD. Since I could quicksave right before the crash in the ducal palace third floor (BD0103.ARE), and load that quicksave and even pause the game and talk to Imoen to get the first cutscene running, I thought it might be an issue in the area script; it never occured to me that I could use the stutter debug tool to also check which block causes the issue. So this morning I did just that, and the last block before the crash happened was this one:

IF
	Global("#L_AcceptedRoom","GLOBAL",1)
	!Global("#L_PlayerChestLocation","GLOBAL",10)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		DisplayStringHead(Myself,490383)  // Running block 60 of BD0103.BCS
		SetGlobal("#L_PlayerChestLocation","GLOBAL",10)
		MoveContainerContents("#LBD0103*PlayerChest00","BD0103*PlayerChest00")
		MoveContainerContents("#LBG0006*PlayerChest00","BD0103*PlayerChest00")
		MoveContainerContents("#LBG3201*PlayerChest00","BD0103*PlayerChest00")
		MoveContainerContents("#LBG3347*PlayerChest00","BD0103*PlayerChest00")
		MoveContainerContents("#LBG1107*PlayerChest00","BD0103*PlayerChest00")
		SmallWait(1)
		Continue()
END

Removing this entire block solved the issue, allowed for the 'Korlasz is defeated' textscreen to occur, and now SoD starts properly.

I suspect '#L' is the prefix for @Lauriel's  mods; this might be a Transitions issue. Also tagging @jastey, might be relevant for endless BG1.

@Gwaihir that's Transitions. Would you look in which area you are before the crash happens (by pressing "x"), is it bd0103 or maybe already #LBD0103?

How exactly do you transition to SoD, do you talk to someone or use an item or..?

Did you reproduce that this is teh last script block running befor the crash? Are you already in SoD when it crashes, what exactly happens before the crash?

Sorry for all teh questions. I don't see how this script block would crash the game, so I am trying to understand what's going on.

3 hours ago, jastey said:

Sorry for all teh questions.

No problem at all. Let's see: the crash happened in BD0103.ARE. I used the 'Duke Belt's gift' item (#LAdvGm1.itm) that starts a series of dialogues: player chooses the campaign, charname says 'it's time to rest', sends off party members with a share of the gold, Imoen says she's going to study magic and leaves, screen fades to black, and after a few seconds, it crashes.

It was possible to quicksave a couple of seconds before the crash and load that save; in which case the area (BD0103) was visible and I could use the console, click on characters, etc. Talking to imoen initiates the first dialogue (heard some noises) and triggers the cutscene where she goes to the right to investigate.

After installing the stutter debug tool, block 60 (the one I posted above) was the very last running before the crash. So I tried removing it, and next time I loaded the save, everything was fine.

The crash happened both in BG1 and SoD. I'll elaborate: The first time I did Korlasz tomb, the game changed into SoD: when hitting ESC it would show SoD logo, the main menu was the SoD one with the relative music, and so on. When it crashed the first time, I tried selecting the BG1 campaign from the main menu and loading the last save, but outcome was always the same.

Sorry to insist, but you confirmed the group was in bd0103.are ingame? (Transitions works with a copy of the area in BG1 after Sarevok's death).

36 minutes ago, Gwaihir said:

So I tried removing it, and next time I loaded the save, everything was fine.

I'm at a loss why this script block would crash the game. I'd rather think it was a borked item that got transferred. 🤔

37 minutes ago, jastey said:

you confirmed the group was in bd0103.are ingame? (Transitions works with a copy of the area in BG1 after Sarevok's death).

Yes.

At this point, I should mention that the Korlasz tomb as a cleanup quest was bugged for me: I had to console-travel to complete it. While the mission worked (I think: it was the very first time for me playing with transitions, so I wouldn't know for sure. It definitely wasn't vanilla), doing it this way might have left a variable unchanged? Maybe?

I agree it seems more likely an item interfered.. something placed in charname's chest? I also have a save where all items were removed from all the characters, the crash kept happening.