Please check my install list (2.6 EET)

1 hour ago, Gwaihir said:

While the mission worked (I think: it was the very first time for me playing with transitions, so I wouldn't know for sure. It definitely wasn't vanilla), doing it this way might have left a variable unchanged? Maybe?

I guess it most definitely borked something. Was Imoen your "tourguide" in Korlasz' Crypt? If yes, it worked not the way Transition wanted it. Thanks for the link. Something seems to to not work with Transitions mod, at least in your install.

1 hour ago, Gwaihir said:

I agree it seems more likely an item interfered.. something placed in charname's chest?

It would be worth a try to remove all items for testing.

Also, did you try to start the transition with the item from a different area than bd0103? I see in your link that it also crashed when you started it from the palace ground floor. The offending script block shouldn't run there. I think.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

Was Imoen your "tourguide" in Korlasz' Crypt?

Nope, she remained a party member like the rest of the game.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

Also, did you try to start the transition with the item from a different area than bd0103?

Yes, same result. It really looks like the crash occurs right after BD0103 is loaded.

bd0103 doesn't get loaded if the transition is started somewhere else via the item, it jumps right to bd6100. Or at least that's what I'm reading out of the mod files.

EDIT: That's for the transition to BGII.

Which reply options did you chose?

This moves the group into #LBD0103.are during fade-to-black. Can you cheat the group into this room without a crash?

That's what I meant: if your PC accepted the third level of the palace as their room, it's no longer bd0103. are but #LBD0103.are from the mod Transitions. I am confused that you are still in bd0103 in your game.

It would explain why the identified script block runs upon transition, though - because it couldn't fire before if the area was not active for you. Did you accept the room as your place and where you greated by a servant? - Could be EndlessBG1's too, though, and the official area swap never triggered for you because of the Korlasz' Dungeon problems. 🤔

1 hour ago, jastey said:

if your PC accepted the third level of the palace as their room, it's no longer bd0103. are but #LBD0103.are

Huh. That's right. Checked a few previous saves, the third floor it's definitely #LBD0103.are. I know I accepted the room, don't recall any servant but it's been a while.

However I'm sure the crash happened in BD0103.are after using the item. I remember loading that quick save and immediately pausing to check which area I was in. Should the third floor remain #LBD0103 even after the transition?

EDIT - checking the area script of #LBD0103.are and taking another look at the script block I removed, I noticed that the areas

#LBG0006    
#LBG3201
#LBG3347
#LBG1107

are not present in my install. Can't even find them with NearInfinity. Could be that the script is causing the crash when it tries to take items from the chests in those areas, but can't find the resources?

Edited by Gwaihir

I might be looking at a different Transitions version (v2.4), but I only see #LBG3347's chest being referenced with a MoveContainerContents and I have that area file in my game. Yes, I also have the other three listed area included in checks, but AFAIK AreaCheck doesn't crash the game if the area checked doesn't exist.

A MoveContainerContents called on a missing area does sound like a source of a crash though.

EDIT: The missing areas are the other options Eltan can provide in the 7X components.

Edited by Graion Dilach
8 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

Could be that the script is causing the crash when it tries to take items from the chests in those areas, but can't find the resources?

Interesting idea. You could edit the script block in but without the offending area references for testing. Which version of transitions are you playing? (Is your weidu.log somewhere, I'm not aware.)

8 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

However I'm sure the crash happened in BD0103.are after using the item. I remember loading that quick save and immediately pausing to check which area I was in. Should the third floor remain #LBD0103 even after the transition?

v2.4 has a custom "Imoen attack scene" that happens in the custom third floor, yes. Transitions changes some things behind the scenes the player is not aware of. But I have the impression you are not playing v2.4 so I'd need verification first.

12 hours ago, jastey said:

You could edit the script block in but without the offending area references for testing. Which version of transitions are you playing?

I have Transitions v2.4. Here's what I did just now:

pasted back the block without the offending area references:

IF
	Global("#L_AcceptedRoom","GLOBAL",1)
	!Global("#L_PlayerChestLocation","GLOBAL",10)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("#L_PlayerChestLocation","GLOBAL",10)
		MoveContainerContents("#LBD0103*PlayerChest00","BD0103*PlayerChest00")
		SmallWait(1)
		Continue()
END

loaded the famous quicksave, everything works.

Then, I added a single line with one of those areas, like so:

IF
	Global("#L_AcceptedRoom","GLOBAL",1)
	!Global("#L_PlayerChestLocation","GLOBAL",10)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("#L_PlayerChestLocation","GLOBAL",10)
		MoveContainerContents("#LBD0103*PlayerChest00","BD0103*PlayerChest00")
		MoveContainerContents("#LBG0006*PlayerChest00","BD0103*PlayerChest00")
		SmallWait(1)
		Continue()
END

loaded that same save again, game crashes just like before.

Cool, thank you! Then I know how to fix it.

Recommendation until then: install all components with reward houses from Duke Eltan if using Transitions, so they are present in the game technically. (Do not chose houses as a reward ingame that would conflict with other mods.)

On 6/14/2022 at 7:58 AM, jastey said:

Cool, thank you! Then I know how to fix it.

Recommendation until then: install all components with reward houses from Duke Eltan if using Transitions.

Just saw this recommandation to install all the rewards from Transitions :

70 - Duke Eltan's reward option: House near Ducal Palace
71 - Duke Eltan's reward option: Cabin in High Hedge

Used by Ascalon's Questpack and Glam's NPC Pack

72 - Duke Eltan's reward option: Gray house in NW Beregost
73 - Duke Eltan's reward option: House across from Flaming Fist compound

Is it sitll relevant ?