Please check my install list (2.6 EET)

Glad to read that your install is coming along. : )

We're actually doing much of the same things (no wonder) as far as tp2 edits are concerned etc. Maybe we could add our install lists to @morpheus562' repository when they're more or less done and provide a current guide on what to change etc in order to get it working and also what configuration options are left. Albeit them (mine for sure at least) being of a more experimental nature than the ones currently present.

Ad spheres: I found that spell.ids doesn't catch 'em all (heh... -.-) - you might want to check for spells with NI or similar programs if you want to make sure you didn't miss any.

Also, if you (or anyone) happen(s) to try out IR(R)'s armor component (nothing wrong with YARAS though), I updated armor_list.tph and shield_list.tph here.

Btw: why are you installing al_item_pack:0;al_item_pack - Arcane Treasury mod manually again? I never experienced any install errors with it.

Edited by Gordian
51 minutes ago, Gordian said:

We're actually doing much of the same things

Heh, actually almost all of the things I added in the last week, came from reading your list 😃 I'll definitely add mine to the repository after install is done and no errors found. Although, what we're doing with our threads is essentially the same.

56 minutes ago, Gordian said:

Ad spheres: I found that spell.ids doesn't catch 'em all (heh... -.-) - you might want to check for spells with NI or similar programs if you want to make sure you didn't miss any.

Well, I had a feeling.. but it's really fine. Not going to comb NI for every single spell. Those from SoD2BG2, I added because it was easy. Spells from mega mods shouldn't even be there in the first place, anyway. I installed Check the bodies and Region of terror simply because I never played those mods, otherwise I don't like the idea of adding a whole bunch of different stuff all together. So I'm not going to bother with those, knowing that I'll probably not install those mods again.

1 hour ago, Gordian said:

Btw: why are installing al_item_pack:0;al_item_pack - Arcane Treasury mod manually again?

I don't know 🤔 the first time I tried installing with PI, it failed. Posted the log on the mod thread, was told that manual installation worked, and it did. So I'm not going to fix what isn't broken now.

- Updated the first post with the version of install list that I'll use for my playthrough; added a few info about it that might be of help.

- Added Enhanced powergaming scripts dead last in install order; won't be of much use though, since it's incompatible with Unearthed Arcana mods 5e Spellcasting.  In any case, all the sorcerers I'll have in party wil be very happy.

Edited by Gwaihir
On 1/28/2022 at 2:39 PM, Gwaihir said:

- Added Enhanced powergaming scripts dead last in install order; won't be of much use though, since it's incompatible with Unearthed Arcana mods. In any case, all the sorcerers I'll have in party wil be very happy.

That is an overly broad, and incorrect statement. The Enhanced Powergaming Scripts takes into account many components from Tome and Blood, Faith and Powers, and D5 tweaks mods.

Edited by morpheus562

Already stumbled accross a few issues, and one is rather puzzling.

1) In my game Imoen is a Jinxer, a kit from Might and Guile. This was done by making her a mage/thief during installation with the NPC_EE component, and then giving her the jinxer kit with the 'choose a kit' ability from the same mod. However, after the conversion, she didn't get the two initial feats that the kit normally gets at character creation. I fixed this via console by giving her the 'choose an ability' ability, like this:

C:AddSpell("D5FEATJ")

while hovering Imoen's portrait with the mouse. I hope this won't have long term repercussions 😅

2) Vienxay gets a very low number of spell slots: at mage 5/thief 6, she can only memorize 3 lv 1 spells, and 1 lv 2; with 5e casting, she then gets seven 1st lv casting slots, and five 2nd lv casting slots after rest (which doesn't sound wrong for an 18 int mage, but I can't find an updated 'bonus spells' chart from Scales of Balance, so I'm not sure; @subtledoctor do you have one?). To make a comparison, Imoen (who as a Jinxer casts spells one level later than regular mages) at the same m5/t6 level can memorize: 5 at lv1, 3 at lv 2, and 1 at lv3. Int is 18 as well.@Skitia is this by design? The shadowmage kit description doesn't mention casting penalties, so maybe this is a suboptimal interaction with another mod. The kit otherwise works pretty well with 5e casting.

3) This is the weirdest one. At some point while playing, I couldn't travel through areas or rest in an inn anymore because the party was not 'gathered'. Even while having all 7 members (with Grey the dog) mashed together against the area border, I only got a few dozens 'you must gather your party...' messages. And resting at an inn returned invariably the message 'your party is scattered'.

My theory here is: one of the spells/abilities of my party works by summoning an invisible creature, which then in turn casts the actual spell/ability; at some point while playing, this inv creature was not correctly unsummoned, or just bugged out, and got permanently stuck in my party. I'm saying this because I tried selecting all members with 0, waiting a few seconds, then tried to travel, and it worked; but trying to travel back invariably gave me the same 'gather' message, no matter what I did. This is, presumably, becasue the inv creature, as a summon, can't follow you there, but the game thinks it's a regular party member that should be there when I try to travel.

Combing through my saves, I think I found the one where the issue first appears, and there is a 'clean' one just one in-game hour before. Between the two, I did very little, most notably the fight in the spider-infested house in Beregost. Maybe one of the spells cast in that fight triggered the issue? @subtledoctor do slow poison or goodberry from your d5_random tweaks or curse cast by a jinxer summon an inv creature? I also tried replaying the same fight in a similar way, but noticed nothing later.

1 hour ago, Gwaihir said:

Vienxay gets a very low number of spell slots

Did you advance a level? Spell slots might just bne a bit out of whack, but leveling up snaps everyone back to the proper numbers. (Unless they have some effects messing with them.

@subtledoctor do slow poison or goodberry from your d5_random tweaks or curse cast by a jinxer summon an inv creature?

I generally don't ever do such things. One or two of the spells made by Grammarsalad for FnP does (Camouflage, I think it's called). 

But even then, I think you can leave invisible creatures behind. Sounds like make some issue with this

Even while having all 7 members

...these sorts of "extra party members" mods have become more common recently, but it's possible there may be interactions we don't yet know about...? Just a wild guess, though.

24 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Did you advance a level?

I did, to 5/6. Also tried in small increments. The first mem slot becomes available at mage 2/thief 3, 9000 XP.

42 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

these sorts of "extra party members" mods have become more common recently, but it's possible there may be interactions we don't yet know about...?

It's another possibility. I also tried taking back Grey into party, and then removing him completely, but it doesn't look like it made a difference.

4 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

In my game Imoen is a Jinxer, a kit from Might and Guile. This was done by making her a mage/thief during installation with the NPC_EE component, and then giving her the jinxer kit with the 'choose a kit' ability from the same mod. However, after the conversion, she didn't get the two initial feats that the kit normally gets at character creation.

I have had this happen as well, to Fade. I thought I fixed it, but it's hard to pin it down.

At any rate, this should be fixed by the spiffy new version of NPC_EE I just made.

12 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

3) This is the weirdest one.

I remember having issues with invisible party members myself and got the impression that it was related to familiars (namely TnT components), unsure though. Tabbing displayed an invisible "Uninjured" entity, I couldn't get rid of. From what you wrote, it seems that these are two distinct issues.

It happened in/after Beregost for me and I could rectify by reloading a previous save and doing Beregost again. I also vaguely remember handling the aforementioned fight differently.

We do have similar install lists - it figures.

What are the tools available for pinpointing the culprit?

8 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

At any rate, this should be fixed by the spiffy new version of NPC_EE I just made.

Will definitely check out your new version once I get back to installing/testing - sounds great!

2 hours ago, Gordian said:

Tabbing displayed an invisible "Uninjured" entity

What are the tools available for pinpointing the culprit?

You could try saving there, then looking at the savegame in NI. Look at that area file in the savegame, and look for any creatures with modder prefixes. Hopefully (!) any errant mod-added invisible creature would have a recognizable prefix. 

1 minute ago, Gwaihir said:

That looks spiffy indeed! Would I be able to install this on an ongoing game? I would uninstall 'NPC kit choices' first, obviously, but could I leave the other 'old' components that change NPCs classes?

Prrrrr, uh... obably?

It would be a bit weird from Weidu's point of view; and if you ever want to uninstall properly later you would need to uninstall different parts with different versions of the mod. Like, if you ever did a reinstall of a mod earlier than this one, it would be a bit screwy - it might not be able to uninstall those class-change components, and if it did it definitely could not reinstall them. Messing with mod installs would get complicated.

But, like, could you do it, and would the game work fine? Sure. (And, even if the NPC class changes got removed or something, now you can change their class via dialogue, so you could get them back to that state. (EDIT - something I just thought of, some things would not go along with the in-game class changes, like the usability flags for Xan's sword etc. Need to address that in the new mod.)

10 hours ago, Gordian said:

Tabbing displayed an invisible "Uninjured" entity, I couldn't get rid of. From what you wrote, it seems that these are two distinct issues.

Actually, this is my experience exactly. Never thought about using Tab, duh. There is indeed a (very creepy) invisible creature. It can be seen only by hitting Tab, or Ctrl (if 'render dynamic search map' is enabled). We can probably rule out TnT familiars, since I don't have those components installed. Doesn't mean it's not a familiar-kind of creature, of course.

I tried toying with it a bit: when selecting all with 0, as we know, it gets selected too and follows the party. But it can do a couple more things, albeit only once:

-Area of effect spells can damage it, but can't seem to kill it htat way (22 oils of fiery burning should do it, if it was possible).

-I can individually select it by dragging the mouse, and can even issue commands, although only once. I commanded it to attack Breagar, and it did, and then couldn't stop it or select it anymore; battle log showed no name, just 'Attacks Breagar: 6 + 2 = miss', and was doing 1 point of damage only.

-I can also tell it to speak to someone, and nothing happens, and then this creature 'turns' into whatever character stands nearest, even a commoner. (god, I wish I could paste screenshots; if anyone can explain me why I have a max total size of 2.12 kb for attachements, please do 😑)

-Most importantly, it can follow the party to another area. After loading the new area, I can see it only by hitting Ctrl showing its personal space, but not with Tab anymore, and it won't do anything anymore.