Skills and Abilities Mod

Testing your mod on an EET installation. I have noticed :

- Installing NPC_EE-5.2 and DUAL_TO_KIT v0.35 after Skills and Abilities break the proficiency system (didn't go any any further investigation).

- The Strenght stat bonus - Two-handed attacks receive one and a half times the Strength damage bonus - was also applied to one handed weapon in my installation.

1 hour ago, Mordekaie said:

Testing your mod on an EET installation. I have noticed :

- Installing NPC_EE-5.2 and DUAL_TO_KIT v0.35 after Skills and Abilities break the proficiency system (didn't go any any further investigation).

- The Strenght stat bonus - Two-handed attacks receive one and a half times the Strength damage bonus - was also applied to one handed weapon in my installation.

So the 1.5x is on a timer and not instant. Did you have a 2h weapon equipped then once the 1.5x STR applied switch to a 1h weapon? If this is the case, then the extra 1.5x will remain for a couple seconds before dropping off.

19 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

So the 1.5x is on a timer and not instant. Did you have a 2h weapon equipped then once the 1.5x STR applied switch to a 1h weapon? If this is the case, then the extra 1.5x will remain for a couple seconds before dropping off.

Correct : the 1.5x takes a while to get implemented on a 2h weapon, or disappear on a one handed weapon.

By the way the 1,5x extra strengh bonus to damages appears in the character "sheet" as "Ability score". I would probably change to something more appropriate (more easy to understand) like : two-handed strengh bonus, Extra strengh...

I haven't yet gone deeper in the paladin side of your mod... So i don't know if it would fit with the system of auras. Would you consider to make "Protection from Evil" as something permanent (as it is in the P&P rules) and eventually expands "Detect evil"  which is useless in its vanilla form ?

Edited by Mordekaie
19 minutes ago, Mordekaie said:

By the way the 1,5x extra strengh bonus to damages appears in the character "sheet" as "Ability score". I would probably change to something more appropriate (more easy to understand) like : two-handed strengh bonus, Extra strengh...

I haven't yet gone deeper in the paladin side of your mod... So i don't know if it would fit with the system of auras. Would you consider to make "Protection from Evil" as something permanent (as it is in the P&P rules) and eventually expands "Detect evil"  which is useless in its vanilla form ?

I would probably also consider to expand the ranger racial ennemy to a group of ennemies ?

Just now, Mordekaie said:

I would probably also consider to expand the ranger racial ennemy to a group of ennemies ?

I can take a look at these things.

Sadly, I don't have the ability to state anything other than ability score since that is how I'm adding the extra 1.5x str damage. I would love to be able to add custom text, but that is a system limitation.

I'd have to look at pnp protection from evil and detect evil to see how they are implemented. Definitely something I'll be looking into now.

I'm not sure how the racial enemies work with the ranger, but I can dig into it to see if groups are possible.

Official pre-release for version 0.7.5-Alpha which brings the following enhancements:

• Added sub-component to update existing HLAs.
    • Updated GWW HLA to last for three rounds instead of one round.
  • Removed the Critical Striker proficiency and created the Improved Critical HLA.
  • Fixed bug where Paladin Turn Undead UI was not behaving correctly.
8 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

What are people's thoughts on changing the 2 point bonus for sword and shield style from granting immunity to dragon wing buffet to instead grant resistance to physical damage (e.g. 10% bonus to resistance)?

Cool idea. Way more useful and making barbarians and especially dwarven defenders ( and some modded, similar kits) extra tanky. How it will affect game balance remains to be seen. 

1 hour ago, morpheus562 said:

What are people's thoughts on changing the 2 point bonus for sword and shield style from granting immunity to dragon wing buffet to instead grant resistance to physical damage (e.g. 10% bonus to resistance)?

Or blocking one attack (or something like that) ; or/also granting a shield bashing attack... To make each fighting style equally appealing is not that simple. After thinking about it for a while, i finally go for the bonus to resistance for few reasons : clear, simple and it fulfills the main purpose of a shield to protect.

2 minutes ago, Mordekaie said:

Or blocking one attack (or something like that)

This is probably the direction I am going in. I have several abilities in other mods that already do it, so there are various methods that could be used. The big problem is, if you can block one attack each round and you go up against an enemy who is very powerful but has low APR, then you have too-easily neutered a powerful enemy. So needs careful balancing.

3 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

This is probably the direction I am going in. I have several abilities in other mods that already do it, so there are various methods that could be used. The big problem is, if you can block one attack each round and you go up against an enemy who is very powerful but has low APR, then you have too-easily neutered a powerful enemy. So needs careful balancing.

Percentage chance to block attack with the shield perhaps? 🤔