Skills and Abilities Mod

On 6/23/2022 at 7:00 PM, morpheus562 said:

Official pre-release for version 0.8-Alpha which brings the following enhancements:

• IWDEE Compatible
  • Overhauled Devout Proficiencies and renamed to Divine.
  • Allow multiclass fighters to achieve higher than Specialized (2 pips).
  • Added Rashemaar Berserker kit for Rangers.
  • Added Psi Warrior kit for Fighters.

Many thanks, just started my IWD EE game with your mod and it works like a charm!

I have noticed though that your previous mod, Thieving Skills for Bards, had the option to add Detect Illusion to Clerics. Any chance to port that over to Skills and Abilities?

12 minutes ago, JacobGSP said:

Many thanks, just started my IWD EE game with your mod and it works like a charm!

I have noticed though that your previous mod, Thieving Skills for Bards, had the option to add Detect Illusion to Clerics. Any chance to port that over to Skills and Abilities?

I had some one off code I was using to allow rangers and cleric/rangers to use detect illusion; however, I don't think that would synch the best with the changes in Skills and Abilities.

1 hour ago, morpheus562 said:

I had some one off code I was using to allow rangers and cleric/rangers to use detect illusion; however, I don't think that would synch the best with the changes in Skills and Abilities.

Makes sense, no worries and thanks for the prompt reply!

Guest Thrasymachus

Interesting mod! There are a few things from this that I'd like to try...

Regarding:

Ranger's Move Silently/Hide in Shadows becomes an outdoor area only ability.

Does this apply to Stalkers? (I hope not...)

Do you think it would be possible to create kit specific experience tables instead of class specific experience tables?

and/or 

Allow for certain kits to gain addition weapon proficiencies instead of the entire class?

3 hours ago, Guest Thrasymachus said:

Interesting mod! There are a few things from this that I'd like to try...

Regarding:

Ranger's Move Silently/Hide in Shadows becomes an outdoor area only ability.

Does this apply to Stalkers? (I hope not...)

Honestly, that's part of @Grammarsaladcontribution, and I don't know the answer to that.

1 minute ago, a.greene said:

Do you think it would be possible to create kit specific experience tables instead of class specific experience tables?

and/or 

Allow for certain kits to gain addition weapon proficiencies instead of the entire class?

Sadly, those are all hardcoded and I do not have the ability to do those changes. Trust me, I looked into it but it just wasn't possible.

2 hours ago, InKal said:

"- Divine Vengeance (3 pips) - Enemies receive 2 magic damage upon striking the character"

Nah...not only enemy, AoE damage everyone including party.

I am not able to replicate this in testing. Do you have a weidu log I can reference?

A bug was identified with Eldritch Scion wearing armors. I will address and correct tonight.

A simple line managed to find its way out of my code preventing Eldritch Scions from wearing chain mail as described in the class description:

READ_ASCII 0x22 appearance (2) 

Getting this added back allows it to work correctly, and I should be publishing the fix later today.

Edited by morpheus562