Skills and Abilities Mod

3 hours ago, Endarire said:

Allow Inquisitors to Cast Divine Spells: What should be the install order of this component and other mods which change Paladin caster level and spell progression?

For Detect Illusions 100, what say you to making that number 250 to gain the extra benefits from Epic Thieving?

At what level and how often can a Paladin use the revised Turn Undead?  How is Rebuke Undead affected?

Does the Archery skill apply to thrown weapons like throwing axes?  If so, pweath list that!

You can look at my weidu logs here for reference on install order: https://github.com/morpheus562/Baldurs-Gate-Install-Order-List-Repository

I think it makes more sense to leave at illusion 100 since the Inquisitor and Wizard Slayer are not Thieves, so epic thieving should belong to thieves.

The level and frequency of Paladin using revised Turn Undead is listed in the readme. What is Rebuke Undead?

No, Archery does not apply to thrown weapons.

Rebuke Undead AKA Command Undead is the evil aligned version of Turn Undead which, at least in vanilla BG, commands Undead creatures to fight for the party.

I saw that Paladins get Turn Undead 1/day per 4 class levels.

I mentioned boosting these thieving skills for the aforementioned classes since vanilla BG caps skills at or around 100 while Epic Thieving has use for these skills beyond this.  Epic Thieving Detect Illusions 101+ gives a 1% chance per 1 point above 100 to passively detect illusions.

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire
On 5/13/2022 at 8:30 AM, Graion Dilach said:

I guess evil clerics no longer able to dominate undead with this.

On 5/13/2022 at 8:32 AM, morpheus562 said:

Yes to both!

I always felt it was more of a nerf for evil characters to dominate undead while neutral and good clerics outright destroy them.

10 hours ago, Endarire said:

I mentioned boosting these thieving skills for the aforementioned classes since vanilla BG caps skills at or around 100 while Epic Thieving has use for these skills beyond this.  Epic Thieving Detect Illusions 101+ gives a 1% chance per 1 point above 100 to passively detect illusions.

I'll defer to my previous answer and state that Inquisitors and Wizard Slayers are not thieves and it would make no sense for a non-thief to gain epic thieving.

Hi morpheus, came across your mod, and there are some interesting things in here. Could give your proficiency system a shot in my next playthrough, it is something I was looking for. How will it interact with other mods that add or change kits, specifically ones that give a kit the ability to invest pips in specific weapons? 
Do you intend to add more proficiencies? So far you have one for arcane casters, one for divine, and two for fighters. Seems like there could be one for rogues.

Your Eldritch Scion also looks interesting. It reminds me off Deratiseur's 'Sorceler' mod, though that one is way more unbalanced. What is the intended playstyle for this kit though? The slower casting makes casting while in melee a bit hard (unless you wear robe of vecna I suppose). And I think it would benefit from having access to fighter/mage HLA's, but I saw you removed those in a recent update.
I ran a quick test with it on a clean BG2EE install, only installed the kit, but saw some issues; I didn't receive the penalty to spells per day, and I was able to equip splint mail. I don't think there are any armors above chain mail that allow spellcasting, but still. 

7 minutes ago, Satrhan said:

Hi morpheus, came across your mod, and there are some interesting things in here. Could give your proficiency system a shot in my next playthrough, it is something I was looking for. How will it interact with other mods that add or change kits, specifically ones that give a kit the ability to invest pips in specific weapons? 
Do you intend to add more proficiencies? So far you have one for arcane casters, one for divine, and two for fighters. Seems like there could be one for rogues.

Your Eldritch Scion also looks interesting. It reminds me off Deratiseur's 'Sorceler' mod, though that one is way more unbalanced. What is the intended playstyle for this kit though? The slower casting makes casting while in melee a bit hard (unless you wear robe of vecna I suppose). And I think it would benefit from having access to fighter/mage HLA's, but I saw you removed those in a recent update.
I ran a quick test with it on a clean BG2EE install, only installed the kit, but saw some issues; I didn't receive the penalty to spells per day, and I was able to equip splint mail. I don't think there are any armors above chain mail that allow spellcasting, but still. 

Thanks for your interest Satrhan. If you're just looking at the proficiency component, then it should play nice with other kit mods. My component iterates and accounts for all kits and what they are allowed to use and their prof point amounts. I've been going back and forth on a few rogue type profs, but haven't nailed anything down on it yet.

For Eldritch Scion, I view it as what a Fighter/Sorcerer multiclass would be within the limitations that Sorcerers have. There are various options, to include new profs, that improve casting speed, so the player has options. I originally had the FM HLAs; however, it makes it wonky for sorcerer spellcasting progression (prevents access to many spells and high level spells). Going back to Sorcerer HLAs corrected it.

Good call out regarding the penalty to spells per day. The implementation I was doing doesn't work, and I think the best way (ala Dragon Disciple) appears to be hardcoded. As such, I am removing that penalty in my next release. For the armor, the Eldritch Scion able to equip both chain and splint even though the description states chain. They both use the same equipped appearance, which is what I sort through when iterating through all armors to make them accessible. No real easy way to do this besides making both chain and splint wearable by the Eldritch Scion.

One reason I was turned off from using an Eldritch Scion - a Pathfinder Magus archetype reference - was the cast speed penalty.  If this penalty only applies in combat, I'd be more likely to use the class.  If this penalty is combat only, I request you add that note to the description.

Still, I enjoy another Fighter/Sorcerer style class in the Infinity Engine.  I remember years ago when people said this couldn't/shouldn't be done.  My, how things have changed!

Thankee!

3 minutes ago, Endarire said:

One reason I was turned off from using an Eldritch Scion - a Pathfinder Magus archetype reference - was the cast speed penalty.  If this penalty only applies in combat, I'd be more likely to use the class.  If this penalty is combat only, I request you add that note to the description.

Still, I enjoy another Fighter/Sorcerer style class in the Infinity Engine.  I remember years ago when people said this couldn't/shouldn't be done.  My, how things have changed!

Thankee!

Casting speed receives the same penalty both in and out of combat.

Hello @morpheus562,

Me again, about a possible incompatibility between IR(R) and Skills-and-Abilities... (Some French players are very attached to Item Revision but also very interested in your mod.)

I don't know if this is relevant and if you can do something about it, but I'll report it anyway....

So it seems that when both mods are installed, the Archery Weapon Style gives a +4 bonus to damage rolls instead of +2. (and maybe the extra 1/2 attack per round become 1 extra attack with 2 slots in Archery, but I'm not sure...)

Here some screenshots and a archive Skills and Abilities.rarwith "BOW05.ITEM", "AROW01.ITEM" from both installation and weidu.log

Installation 01, only Skills-and-Abilities...

Spoiler

02.inventaire.png02.5.log.png02.archive.png

Installation 02, IR(R) and Skills-and-Abilities...

Spoiler

01.inventaire.png01.log.png01.archive.png

Installation 02, IR(R) and Skills-and-Abilities... Imoen comparaison....

Spoiler

01.inventaire.Imoen.png01.archive.Imoen.png

9 hours ago, JohnBob said:

Hello @morpheus562,

Me again, about a possible incompatibility between IR(R) and Skills-and-Abilities... (Some French players are very attached to Item Revision but also very interested in your mod.)

I don't know if this is relevant and if you can do something about it, but I'll report it anyway....

So it seems that when both mods are installed, the Archery Weapon Style gives a +4 bonus to damage rolls instead of +2. (and maybe the extra 1/2 attack per round become 1 extra attack with 2 slots in Archery, but I'm not sure...)

Here some screenshots and a archive Skills and Abilities.rarwith "BOW05.ITEM", "AROW01.ITEM" from both installation and weidu.log

Installation 01, only Skills-and-Abilities...

Hide contents

02.inventaire.png02.5.log.png02.archive.png

Installation 02, IR(R) and Skills-and-Abilities...

Hide contents

01.inventaire.png01.log.png01.archive.png

Installation 02, IR(R) and Skills-and-Abilities... Imoen comparaison....

Hide contents

01.inventaire.Imoen.png01.archive.Imoen.png

Thank you for the feedback. I'll have to dig into it and see what IRR is doing differently that is causing a double counting.

@JohnBob I figured it out. IRR treats arrows with the same proficiency type as bow, so the archery prof when iterating through all items mistakes the arrow as a bow and applies the archery bonus to the arrow too. Not sure why IRR does this, but I will need to run another check to make sure it doesn't count arrows going forward.