Skills and Abilities Mod

3 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

I actually grabbed 5e Psi Warrior and based it off of that.

Sure, I thought I'll link you to Psionic Unleash, because it's an old mod, and it's probably largely forgotten at this point. Figured you may have not even heard about it.

From an install order principle - are you sure kits belong to this mod? So far, this is technically a tweak mod and goes after all kits. While the proficiency system already needs a split, it is just one scenario and there can even be cases when that's unneeded. I'd really consider the kits separated out from this, akin how Forgotten Armaments is treated.

On 6/12/2022 at 10:23 PM, morpheus562 said:

I've honestly never been satisfied with current devout proficiency set and I think I'll be doing a complete redesign with the next update. Ground up overhaul. 

Divine Proficiency (Replacing Devout)

- Divine Shield (1 pip) - +1AC bonus

- Divine Fortune (2 pips) - +2 bonus to Saving Throws

- Divine Vengeance (3 pips) - Enemies receive 2 magic damage upon striking the character

- Divine Armor (4 pips) - +5% Damage Resistance to all physical damage

- Divine Vigor (5pips) - +1 APR bonus

I'm also thinking of adding a proficiency set for thieves to provide bonuses to skills, increase backstab multiplier, and have a 5% chance per hit to activate assassination for one round. Need to flesh this one out more.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

"5% chance per hit to activate assassination" IMO pretty useless for single class thief (not a frontline fighter and I assume this ability can be activated only by melee?) and too op for multi/dual fighter/thieves and swashbucklers too.

More tweaking of the Psi Warrior:

A Psi Warrior is a fighter who augments their physical might with psi-infused weapon strikes, telekinetic lashes, and barriers of mental force. Psi Warriors hone their skills and psionic abilities through solo discipline, unlocked under the tutelage of a master, or refined it at an academy dedicated to wielding the mind's power as both weapon and shield.

Advantages:
– 3rd Level: May use Psionic Strike once per day and gains an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.
– 3rd Level: May use Protective Field once per day and gains an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.

PSIONIC STRIKE: This ability allows the Psi Warrior to make a special attack against any enemy. Psi Warriors apply their Intelligence modifier to their damage roll for one round.
  13 Intelligence: +1 damage
  14 Intelligence: +2 damage
  15 Intelligence: +3 damage
  16 Intelligence: +4 damage
  17 Intelligence: +4 damage
  18 Intelligence: +5 damage
  19 Intelligence: +8 damage
  20 Intelligence: +9 damage
  21 Intelligence: +10 damage
  22 Intelligence: +11 damage
  23 Intelligence: +12 damage
  24 Intelligence: +13 damage
  25 Intelligence: +14 damage

PROTECTIVE FIELD: This ability increases the Psi Warrior's damage resistance based on <PRO_HISHER> Intelligence modifier and lasts for one turn.
  13 Intelligence: +2% physical damage resistance
  14 Intelligence: +4% physical damage resistance
  15 Intelligence: +6% physical damage resistance
  16 Intelligence: +8% physical damage resistance
  17 Intelligence: +8% physical damage resistance
  18 Intelligence: +10% physical damage resistance
  19 Intelligence: +16% physical damage resistance
  20 Intelligence: +18% physical damage resistance
  21 Intelligence: +20% physical damage resistance
  22 Intelligence: +22% physical damage resistance
  23 Intelligence: +24% physical damage resistance
  24 Intelligence: +26% physical damage resistance
  25 Intelligence: +28% physical damage resistance

– 7th Level: May use Telekinetic Movement once per day and gains an additional use every 5 levels thereafter.

TELEKINETIC MOVEMENT: The Psi Warrior can move a creature with <PRO_HISHER> mind and pull the target to <PRO_HIMHER>self. The target must make a save vs. Death at -2 to resist being pulled to the Psi Warrior.

– 10th Level: Gains the Guarded Mind passive ability.

GUARDED MIND: The Psi Warrior becomes immune to all psionic attacks.

– 18th Level: May use Telekinetic Master once per day.

TELEKINETIC MASTER: The Psi Master is able to push a target away from <PRO_HIMHER>self while dealing 5d6 magic damage.

Disadvantages:
– Race restricted to human.
– May not dual class.
– Hit Die: d8

Nice tweak for a couple of the Psi Warrior abilities.

Telekinetic Movement
The Psi Warrior can move a creature with <PRO_HISHER> mind. The Psi Warrior may select to push or pull the target to <PRO_HIMHER>self. The target must make a save vs. Death to resist being moved by the Psi Warrior. This increases to save vs. Death at -2 at level 14 and -4 at level 20 to resist being moved by the Psi Warrior.

Telekinetic Master
The Psi Master is able to push or pull all targets within a 15' radius to a selected point. Targets must make a save vs. Death at -4 to resist being moved by the Psi Warrior.

Guest JacobGSP

Any chance or plans to make this compatible with IWD EE? I just did another run of the BG saga with your mod and it was a blast! No thief in BG2, I used Haer'Dalis with thieving abilities which was both amazing and refreshing (I never used him much before).

I'm now planning on doing another run of IWD and it would be amazing with your mod.

37 minutes ago, Guest JacobGSP said:

Any chance or plans to make this compatible with IWD EE? I just did another run of the BG saga with your mod and it was a blast! No thief in BG2, I used Haer'Dalis with thieving abilities which was both amazing and refreshing (I never used him much before).

I'm now planning on doing another run of IWD and it would be amazing with your mod.

I have most of the infrastructure built out to do this, so I will run some tests and see if I can get it to work tonight

Guest JacobGSP
23 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

I have most of the infrastructure built out to do this, so I will run some tests and see if I can get it to work tonight

Woah that's awesome, thanks!

Official pre-release for version 0.8-Alpha which brings the following enhancements:

• IWDEE Compatible
  • Overhauled Devout Proficiencies and renamed to Divine.
  • Allow multiclass fighters to achieve higher than Specialized (2 pips).
  • Added Rashemaar Berserker kit for Rangers.
  • Added Psi Warrior kit for Fighters.