Skills and Abilities Mod

@Graion DilachI added a field to print out the different kits as they are being updated. If you do not mind running it again, that should hopefully assist at determining which one it is failing on. I also updated to verify the clab files for newly added kits actually exist. If this remediates the error, then somewhere in your install is a new kit that has an incorrectly added CLAB file.

Edited by morpheus562

I'm running it but if you are trying to patch CLAB files, then that is the problem, because multiclass kits do not have CLAB files (they use all of their base class's tied to the indiv level, and even QD_MULTI just converts the kit source CLABs into a list of effects applied to shim spell used as EFF containers, gated behind 318s to prevent being applied to the singleclass trueclass).

16 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

I'm running it but if you are trying to patch CLAB files, then that is the problem, because multiclass kits do not have CLAB files (they use all of their base class's tied to the indiv level, and even QD_MULTI just converts the kit source CLABs into a list of effects applied to shim spell used as EFF containers, gated behind 318s to prevent being applied to the singleclass trueclass).

Did that one correct the issue?

3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Most multiclass kits still have CLAB files (all of them that I'm aware of) - which should be patchable without install errors. The problem it creates is that the patches won't have any effect in the game.

ADD_KIT_EX properly writes * to the multikit CLAB entry and indeed that causes it, the query crashes on my archer/cleric custom ADD_KIT_EX multikit. Multikit mods shouldn't write garbage into that coloumn to false-assure modders that something will happen if they update those at a later point anyway.

@morpheus562 Not from me. I also want the hammer damage buff. 🙃

2 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

ADD_KIT_EX properly writes * to the multikit CLAB entry and indeed that causes it, the query crashes on my archer/cleric custom ADD_KIT_EX multikit. Multikit mods shouldn't write garbage into that coloumn to false-assure modders that something will happen if they update those at a later point anyway.

@morpheus562 Not from me. I also want the hammer damage buff. 🙃

I've gone ahead and updated it some more to no longer alter clab files for multiclass kits. Let me know if this completely resolves the issue, and if it does I will go ahead and release it. Thank you!

Edited by morpheus562

Official pre-release for version 0.7.6-Alpha which brings the following enhancements:

• Updated Sword and Shield Weapon Style.
  • Corrected bug with racial thac0 being added incorrectly.
  • Corrected bug from not validating if CLAB files are actually installed.

"Divine Agent (2 slots): The character becomes immune to hold and paralysis"

Too op in my opinion. Should be added by 5 pips or even completely removed. Also kinda strange, free action icon is displayed but this ability doesn't protect against web.

34 minutes ago, InKal said:

"Divine Agent (2 slots): The character becomes immune to hold and paralysis"

Too op in my opinion. Should be added by 5 pips or even completely removed. Also kinda strange, free action icon is displayed but this ability doesn't protect against web.

I'm flexible with moving these around, and I'm not exactly satisfied with the 5th pip option. What would you suggest as a 2nd level pip replacement?

I've honestly never been satisfied with current devout proficiency set and I think I'll be doing a complete redesign with the next update. Ground up overhaul. 

Divine Proficiency (Replacing Devout)

- Divine Shield (1 pip) - +1AC bonus

- Divine Fortune (2 pips) - +2 bonus to Saving Throws

- Divine Vengeance (3 pips) - Enemies receive 2 magic damage upon striking the character

- Divine Armor (4 pips) - +5% Damage Resistance to all physical damage

- Divine Vigor (5pips) - +1 APR bonus

I'm also thinking of adding a proficiency set for thieves to provide bonuses to skills, increase backstab multiplier, and have a 5% chance per hit to activate assassination for one round. Need to flesh this one out more.

Edited by morpheus562

Kits! I am getting into these. Below are the two that will be included with the next release (and probably a few more to come).

Psi Warrior kit for Fighter

A Psi Warrior is a fighter who augments their physical might with psi-infused weapon strikes, telekinetic lashes, and barriers of mental force. Psi Warriors hone their skills and psionic abilities through solo discipline, unlocked under the tutelage of a master, or refined it at an academy dedicated to wielding the mind's power as both weapon and shield.

Advantages:
– 3rd Level: May use Psionic Strike once per day and gains an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.

PSIONIC STRIKE: This ability allows the Psi Warrior to make a special attack against any enemy. Psi Warriors apply their Intelligence modifier to their damage roll for one round.
  13 Intelligence: +1 damage
  14 Intelligence: +2 damage
  15 Intelligence: +3 damage
  16 Intelligence: +4 damage
  17 Intelligence: +4 damage
  18 Intelligence: +5 damage
  19 Intelligence: +8 damage
  20 Intelligence: +9 damage
  21 Intelligence: +10 damage
  22 Intelligence: +11 damage
  23 Intelligence: +12 damage
  24 Intelligence: +13 damage
  25 Intelligence: +14 damage

– 7th Level: May use Psi-Powered Leap once per day and gains an additional use every 5 levels thereafter.

PSI-POWERED LEAP: The Psi Warrior is able to propel <PRO_HISHER> body with their mind. For one round, the Psi Warrior moves at double their normal speed.

– 10th Level: Gains the Protective Field passive ability.

PROTECTIVE FIELD: The Psi Warrior is able to telekinetically soften the blows for all incoming physical damage. The Psi Warrior gains 5% resistance to crushing, slashing, piercing, and missile damage which increases to 10% at level 15 and 15% at level 20.

– 13th Level: Gains the Guarded Mind passive ability.

GUARDED MIND: The Psi Warrior becomes immune to all psionic attacks.

– 18th Level: May use Telekinetic Master once per day.

TELEKINETIC MASTER: The Psi Master is able to push a target away from <PRO_HIMHER>self while dealing 5d6 magic damage.

Disadvantages:
– May not dual class.

Rashemaar Berserker Kit for Ranger

Sometimes referred to as Rashemi berserkers, are the legendary defenders of Rashemen that are known for flying into an almost supernatural frenzy on the battlefield. They are among the most respected members of Rashemi society, second to the revered Wychlaran.

Advantages:
– May use Rage ability once per day. Gains one use at level 1 and an additional use every 4 levels thereafter.

RAGE: The enraged state lasts for 1 turn. While enraged, a Berserker gains a bonus of +2 to <PRO_HISHER> attack and damage rolls as well as to <PRO_HISHER> Armor Class, and becomes immune to charm, confusion, fear, feeblemind, hold, imprisonment, level drain, maze, stun, and sleep. The Berserker also gains 15 temporary Hit Points which are taken away at the end of <PRO_HISHER> berserk spree, possibly knocking <PRO_HIMHER> unconscious.

Disadvantages:
– May not wear armor heavier than splint mail.

@morpheus562if you want some inspirstion for psionic related kits, you may want to check this old mod: Psionic Unleshed. It's development was discontinued years ago, and I'm pretty sure it won't work with 2.6.6, but you may pick up one or two got d ideas. From what I remember it was taking inspiration from D&D 3.5 psionics. Completely different approach than in Subtledoctor's Might & Guile, the one that I'm more find of, to be honest.