Skills and Abilities Mod

Guest Brogan
29 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

You can install NWN2 style weapon changes separately from anything in Skills and Abilities. Are you looking to get weapon groups (without the added profs) or just proficiency progression changes or both?

Yes, I just want the NWN2 Style Progression (3 and every 3 levels after) without replacing the weapon groups.  The install process asks for "Overhaul w vanilla, accelerated, or NWN2 style".  It seems like the new groups are added regardless.

I'd like to keep them vanilla because, if I'm correct, the Forgotten Arm component 'NWN2 Style Weapons' does not alter them.

12 minutes ago, Guest Brogan said:

Yes, I just want the NWN2 Style Progression (3 and every 3 levels after) without replacing the weapon groups.  The install process asks for "Overhaul w vanilla, accelerated, or NWN2 style".  It seems like the new groups are added regardless.

I'd like to keep them vanilla because, if I'm correct, the Forgotten Arm component 'NWN2 Style Weapons' does not alter them.

Drop these two into your override folder and you will be good to go.

profs.2da profsmax.2da

Guest Brogan
33 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

Drop these two into your override folder and you will be good to go.

profs.2da 962 B · 1 download profsmax.2da 1.67 kB · 1 download

Thanks!  Though I am a bit confused.  Do I install option 3 of the component or do I skip it?  I'm guessing these add the progressions without needing the installation?

(forgive me, I am still in the planning stage of my install - figuring out orders and such)

Guest Brogan

(re-posting this, as I'm guessing the quoted files was a bad idea)

Thanks!  Though I am a bit confused.  Should I install option 3 of the component or skip it?  I'm guessing these add the progressions without needing the installation?

(forgive me, I am still in the planning stage of my install - figuring out orders and such)

45 minutes ago, Guest Brogan said:

(re-posting this, as I'm guessing the quoted files was a bad idea)

Thanks!  Though I am a bit confused.  Should I install option 3 of the component or skip it?  I'm guessing these add the progressions without needing the installation?

You don't need to install the component, just drop these into your override and you'll be good.

Guest Brogan
7 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

You don't need to install the component, just drop these into your override and you'll be good.

Thank you.  Really appreciate it.  Can't imagine how frustrating it must be after doing all this work and some peon wants it a slightly differently way than how you designed.  This is why I've always had such great respect for you guys.

1 hour ago, Guest Brogan said:

Thank you.  Really appreciate it.  Can't imagine how frustrating it must be after doing all this work and some peon wants it a slightly differently way than how you designed.  This is why I've always had such great respect for you guys.

I don't think of it that way at all. Everyone's tastes are different, and I make mods and components that I want to play with. I'm just happy other people like what I'm doing. Feedback is good, and allows me to broaden things to fit a wider array of tastes.

Kind of a random question, but given that you've added the generic epic feats over from NWN 1/2, are there plans to add the class-specific feats, like epic spells for casters (Epic Gate, Vampiric Feast, etc) or the combat feats (Devastating Critical, Improved SA, etc)? 

Edited by LordofBones

Official pre-release for version 1.2.3-Beta which brings the following enhancements:

• Fixed a compiling issue with craft scrolls
  • Disabled crafting as a hla because of mod conflict (temp fix)
  • Accounted for out of bounds spell level checks for xp cost (temp fix)
  • Fixed bug where Fighters were not receiving the Indomitable passive ability.
  • Remove updated enrage ability. This is transferring over to the Battlerager in my kitpack.
  • Updated War Cry HLA.
  • New componenet: Increase Bard Song durations to 1 turn.
  • Added critical success/failure for concentration checks.
Edited by morpheus562

ERROR Installing [Overhaul PfNW and PfMW], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  77 files for [SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES/SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.TP2] component 700.
Uninstalled     77 files for [SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES/SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.TP2] component 700.
ERROR: Failure("SET_STRING out of range")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.DEBUG and look for support at: Grammarsalad and morpheus562

this is what i am receiving. i have only scs installed

Edited by theernestrain
2 minutes ago, theernestrain said:

ERROR Installing [Overhaul PfNW and PfMW], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  77 files for [SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES/SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.TP2] component 700.
Uninstalled     77 files for [SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES/SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.TP2] component 700.
ERROR: Failure("SET_STRING out of range")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.DEBUG and look for support at: Grammarsalad and morpheus562

this is what i am receiving. i have only scs installed

Recommend don't installing that one until I can look at it.