Skills and Abilities Mod

2 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Pretty sure SR doesn't use the Haste opcode in Haste, but rather just grants an APR bonus via opcode 1 and a movement bonus via opcode 126.

That would 100% do it as I iterate through all spells searching for the haste opcode (can't remember it off the top of my head right now).

So far I've tried haste, improved haste, expeditious retreat, and potion of speed, and none of them activate the bonuses for swiftblade (I think all of them should, especially with spell revisions which neuters improved haste to be regulate haste and regular haste to be 1/2 haste).

Can I just edit something with near infinity to get this to work?  Which effect do I need to edit, and how to find the right code to link it to so it can at least activate the bonuses for one of these haste spells?

Just now, TwiceTested said:

So far I've tried haste, improved haste, expeditious retreat, and potion of speed, and none of them activate the bonuses for swiftblade (I think all of them should, especially with spell revisions which neuters improved haste to be regulate haste and regular haste to be 1/2 haste).

Can I just edit something with near infinity to get this to work?  Which effect do I need to edit, and how to find the right code to link it to so it can at least activate the bonuses for one of these haste spells?

Spell Revisions appears to change the opcode for haste, so none of the intended effects are being applied to the spells. Simplist solution is to not use SR. I'll probably do an update on my next patch to not install this prof when sr is present.

SAD DAY! Spell revision is awesome, and it'd be great if Swiftblade worked on all the hastes it gives.  I found your effects in NearInfinity.  It looks like MOHAS01.EFF casts spell on condition.  Not sure how to read the condition part, but it then casts "MOHAS01.SPL"  which checks to make sure that the swiftblade proficiency is 1 or more, and if so continues to "MOHAS11.SPL" which does the increase weapon speed.

Which part would I edit to get the effect to look for one of these haste spells?  

Also, I know this isn't the easy way, but I WANT it to work and I'd rather give up the proficiency than re-install everything, EET takes FOREVER to install everything.  Thank you for all the help you've already given and this and other amazing mods. Also, thank you SubtleDoctor for helping and for your awesome mods!

6 minutes ago, TwiceTested said:

SAD DAY! Spell revision is awesome, and it'd be great if Swiftblade worked on all the hastes it gives.  I found your effects in NearInfinity.  It looks like MOHAS01.EFF casts spell on condition.  Not sure how to read the condition part, but it then casts "MOHAS01.SPL"  which checks to make sure that the swiftblade proficiency is 1 or more, and if so continues to "MOHAS11.SPL" which does the increase weapon speed.

Which part would I edit to get the effect to look for one of these haste spells?  

Also, I know this isn't the easy way, but I WANT it to work and I'd rather give up the proficiency than re-install everything, EET takes FOREVER to install everything.  Thank you for all the help you've already given and this and other amazing mods. Also, thank you SubtleDoctor for helping and for your awesome mods!

I can take a look at my install and see how I did it. I'll let you know which specific effects you need to attach to each spell to get your desired effects.

Just now, theernestrain said:

Should Skills and abilities be before or after SCS? Should Skills and Abilities be before or after Tweaks Anthology?

I install it after both. Some components will work prior to SCS and Tweaks, but for ease of install I do everything after.

1 minute ago, theernestrain said:

If you have a mod like SCS installed first, and then you make changes to SCS, do i need to reinstall yours?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you reinstalling a scs component, adding a new scs component, changing difficulty settings within the game after everything has been installed?

1 minute ago, morpheus562 said:

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you reinstalling a scs component, adding a new scs component, changing difficulty settings within the game after everything has been installed?

So I installed SCS, then Tweaks Anthology, and finally yours. I'd like to make changes to an SCS component. Am I required to reinstall Tweaks, and Skills and Abilities, after those changes?

Just now, theernestrain said:

So I installed SCS, then Tweaks Anthology, and finally yours. I'd like to make changes to an SCS component. Am I required to reinstall Tweaks, and Skills and Abilities, after those changes?

If you are doing a reinstall of a component, you will have to uninstall and reinstall everything installed after it was installed. My concern would be it borking the game since that is doing to be a bit of things uninstalling and reinstalling.

1 minute ago, morpheus562 said:

If you are doing a reinstall of a component, you will have to uninstall and reinstall everything installed after it was installed. My concern would be it borking the game since that is doing to be a bit of things uninstalling and reinstalling.

I understand. Thanks for insight