Skills and Abilities Mod

Just now, Thacobell said:

How does the swift blade skills work with boots of speed? Or do they not interact at all with each other? Also, is there a spcfiic install order needed for this? 

There should be no interaction with it and boots of speed. I install S&A after SCS.

6 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

There should be no interaction with it and boots of speed. I install S&A after SCS.

Okay, that makes sense, but I had to know for sure. And after SCS, thanks!

Currently using the adjust weapon proficiency style and extra damage bonus for 2h from strength component. 

I have tried a lot mods that try to balance each proficiency style and this one is the best imo, it makes every weapon style viable and not overpowered. 100% recommend it :)

One question regarding the Component Add New Paladin Abilities, does Blackguard's original Aura of Despair be replaced with the new one or it keeps both? The original one is an activate ability while the new one is permanent.

Also the Smite ability works on every enemies, even good aligned ones? Shouldn't it be smite evil for paladin and smite good for blackguard? Also there's already a HLA called Smite.

And about the 2h strength bonus, it is added as DamageMod in debug which will be multipled by backstab, but in original BG, strength bonus is not affect backstab. So maybe this extra str bonus shall use other bonus type like Special Bonus type? @morpheus562

image.png.a2e5afab881175e7efb51f9146bbbe3e.png

Edited by dunehunter
3 hours ago, dunehunter said:

One question regarding the Component Add New Paladin Abilities, does Blackguard's original Aura of Despair be replaced with the new one or it keeps both? The original one is an activate ability while the new one is permanent.

Also the Smite ability works on every enemies, even good aligned ones? Shouldn't it be smite evil for paladin and smite good for blackguard? Also there's already a HLA called Smite.

And about the 2h strength bonus, it is added as DamageMod in debug which will be multipled by backstab, but in original BG, strength bonus is not affect backstab. So maybe this extra str bonus shall use other bonus type like Special Bonus type? @morpheus562

image.png.a2e5afab881175e7efb51f9146bbbe3e.png

Aura of Despair will become a passive removing the on use ability.

I'll rename Smite to Divine Smite. 5e does not have it limited to effect only a certain alignment type.

Dmg bonuses for 2h will remain as that's the only effective way I've found. A slight boost to backstab is what it is.

Guest average_joe_mod_user

@morpheus562

I've been trying to install this mod and the predecessor with no joy. I am interested in the component that enables Pick Lock and Traps for Bards. I keep getting the message that EEex is required when I do in fact have it installed. I couldn't find any info about what version your two mods require.

BGEE: 2.5.17

EEex: 0.87

Let me know if 2.6 and latest EEex is required or if there is a combination of EEex and a version of your mod that will work for my combo so i am enjoy the bard proficienies.

Thanks for your help and your work.

17 hours ago, Guest average_joe_mod_user said:

@morpheus562

I've been trying to install this mod and the predecessor with no joy. I am interested in the component that enables Pick Lock and Traps for Bards. I keep getting the message that EEex is required when I do in fact have it installed. I couldn't find any info about what version your two mods require.

BGEE: 2.5.17

EEex: 0.87

Let me know if 2.6 and latest EEex is required or if there is a combination of EEex and a version of your mod that will work for my combo so i am enjoy the bard proficienies.

Thanks for your help and your work.

2.6 and the latest EEex is required.

Two questions:

1) I see that the Divine, Spellcraft, and Spell Penetration proficiency are given to Montaron who is an Assassin. Is this intentional that martial characters without spellcasting receive the ability to put points into Divine, Spellcraft, etc. ?

2) I installed EEex with the accommodating time bars on the side, but I only see the green bar. I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to indicate other than "contingency" which I assume is the countdown for specific character effects to go off. I also installed the red/cyan bar that comes with EEeX that indicate other things, but I'm not seeing them. Does this mod turn off those other bars or am I missing how to toggle them somehow?

EDIT: I see that the cyan bars indicating spell/ability cool down appear briefly during battle, but I'm not seeing the red bars for modal actions.

Edited by herien_0
16 minutes ago, herien_0 said:

Two questions:

1) I see that the Divine, Spellcraft, and Spell Penetration proficiency are given to Montaron who is an Assassin. Is this intentional that martial characters without spellcasting receive the ability to put points into Divine, Spellcraft, etc. ?

2) I installed EEex with the accommodating time bars on the side, but I only see the green bar. I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to indicate other than "contingency" which I assume is the countdown for specific character effects to go off. I also installed the red/cyan bar that comes with EEeX that indicate other things, but I'm not seeing them. Does this mod turn off those other bars or am I missing how to toggle them somehow?

Does Montaron have actual points assigned in those profs or do they only appear as things he can assign profs into? 

The way the prof system works in regards to dual classing is any profs the second class can get but not the first class will not appear once the dual completes. In Montaron's case, if he was not able to put points in those and duals to mage, once he gets his assassin class back after the dual he would be unable to assign points in those profs. Allowing for one point to be assigned ensures there are no issues with the dual.

Regarding EEex, skills and abilities uses a lot of timings that will appear in constant bar movement with EEex. Regarding specific questions on bars, @Bubbwould be your best resource.

Edited by morpheus562
7 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

Does Montaron have actual points assigned in those profs or do they only appear as things he can assign profs into? 

The way the prof system works in regards to dual classing is any profs the second class can get but not the first class will not appear once the dual completes. In Montaron's case, of he was not able to put points in those and duals to mage, once he gets his assassin class back after the dual he would be unable to assign points in those profs. Allowing for one point to be assigned ensures there are no issues with the dual.

Regarding EEex, skills and abilities uses a lot of timings that will appear in constant bar movement with EEex. Regarding specific questions on bars, @Bubbwould be your best resource.

Thanks.

They were things he could assign points to during his level 1 stat distribution. I have ToB style NPC's added (or something similar) which allows you to pick your characters skills at level 1 as if they leveled up.

2 minutes ago, herien_0 said:

Thanks.

They were things he could assign points to during his level 1 stat distribution. I have ToB style NPC's added (or something similar) which allows you to pick your characters skills at level 1 as if they leveled up.

Yup, that's intended then in the event an assassin, or similar character, duals into another class.

Is there a way you can make it so that there's some indication as to what classes are supposed to have a given proficiency? I'm a bit hesitant about assigning skill points at first level given that I may put points into something that a class isn't supposed to have if I never intend to dual-class them. Right now it seems like the best option would be to turn off the ToB styled NPC's option and just just use their default proficiency distribution.

Edited by herien_0