Neverwinter Night for Baldur's Gate mod

1 hour ago, oraclex said:

Going to give this a spin soon. Got a Clua area for NWM I can use to warp too? Basicly to test if the mod got installed correctly. trying to run in in a rather modded game already

I fixed some small bugs since the last release (waiting for more feedback from people who are playing the mod now before publishing new release). Thus, it is better to use "main" branch in the repo now (https://github.com/abalabokhin/NWNForBG -> Code -> Download ZIP). For the areas, you can try to teleport to NW1000, it is Neverwinter Core (or many other areas starting with NW, I guess some of them are added to "Cheat areas" for EE).

Here is the new release: https://github.com/abalabokhin/NWNForBG/releases/tag/0.95
Many small things were fixed (bugs, items, creatures for better balance, etc), Chinese language (fully proof-read) were added, the quality of Russian and Engilsh movies for EE were improved and French movies (along with some French texts) were added. More details about what was changed and to whom we should be grateful for this are in readme. Github sometimes doesn't work well with big archives, so here is the alternative link to google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XjQCK5eAWtfSmBllyjETg61cKog3gRdV/view

I edited the first post with new links.

Paladin84, thanks for all the work you are doing.

1) I will be sure to play it in my next playthrough. Or... I could play it now if you tell me I can just warp to a certain area while being in SoD.

2) I wonder - is there any reason the russian community hasn't converted Nej (Never ending journey) to EE?

Edited by Morgoth

@paladin84

Not sure if you have noticed, but the Icewind dale tracks that NWN uses are slowed down and thus are a pain to listen to.

This might not be a bug produced by this mod as Tipuns Icewind Dale Mod in EET has the same problem. The Heart of Winter tracks are not affected.

Edited by Kyros
7 hours ago, Morgoth said:

) I will be sure to play it in my next playthrough. Or... I could play it now if you tell me I can just warp to a certain area while being in SoD.

You can teleport to location NW1001, or summon NWMESS creature. Theoretically everything should work.

7 hours ago, Morgoth said:

2) I wonder - is there any reason the russian community hasn't converted Nej (Never ending journey) to EE?

It was discussed, but Russian community have limited resources and there is IWD1EET mod, so the first part of NeJ doesn't make much sense to port. Porting other chapters is a good idea, but you have to redo the whole plot for this (probably organize everything as series of independent quests, cause IMHO using Hrothgar as a main NPC doesn't make much sense). However, the main issue is lack of skilled people I guess.

2 hours ago, Kyros said:

Not sure if you have noticed, but the Icewind dale tracks that NWN uses are slowed down and thus are a pain to listen to.

No I didn't. What particular music is slowed?

One example would be "NW84". In my Install I can find it in the music ordner in NearInfinity which contains 28 files and this is the Battle Music that plays in the vale of Shadows in Icewind Dale. Unfortunately I do not know in what Area NWN uses this music and I dont know how to find out maybe you are better than this or you remember what area uses this music. But yeah, I remember to have noticed "slowed" IWD music during my test run through this mod and its also slowed when I listen to it on NearInfinity. These Are .ACM files.

On 1/13/2024 at 9:55 PM, lynx said:

Are they ACMs? IE plays them at double speed, so if NWN decided to be sane about it, this would be the expected outcome.

But only the IWD music is affected. As far as I can tell the other tracks are ACMs too yet the problem only persists with the IWD tracks.

53 minutes ago, Kyros said:

One example would be "NW84"

Thanks for this. Honestly, I don't remember IWD music that well, so the whole list would be appriciated. As far as I understood, I can open the music in NI, than found the same music in IWDEE and compare. I will try to do this. Do you accidently know is it going to be the same issue with oBG2?

I cannot guarantee but I think this might be the only one that causes "trouble" (to our ears) . There are two battle tracks from Iwd: Heart of Winter (NWb5, NWb6) but they are fine. 

Would be awesome if someone could fix these tracks, also in regards to Tipuns Mod as Icewind Dale has one of the best music tracks. At any rate, If I notice some more slowed tracks, I will give notice.

Edited by Kyros