Neverwinter Night for Baldur's Gate mod

Yes, the new version of the mod should be published soon (probably in couple of weeks). Lots of things were fixed, added (all the changes since the last release can be seen in README -> Version History->In development )

Among the big changes: 1. All the tile glitches (at dynamic objects: doors, fireplaces and water tiles) were fixed and 2. The dedicated map was added as a second component of the mod, you can play the mod without bp-bgt-worldmap.

It should be one more big addition: another component to install NWN mod as a dedicated compaing in EET and probably in BG2EE (so it can be played separately).

If you want to install this mod without waiting for the new the release, I would suggest to take the mod from the main branch of the repo (the only breaking change is that coordinates for BP-BGT-Worldmap were already changed preparing for the new release of BP-BGT-Worldmap).

And yes, that overpowered creature were fixed.

Thanks Paladin84. Let me understand only one thing - I still need the worldmap even on EE to install this mod ?

Also, do you provide banters from the party npcs that react to the event happening, or is it simply a story module ?

Edited by Morgoth
3 hours ago, Morgoth said:

Thanks Paladin84. Let me understand only one thing - I still need the worldmap even on EE to install this mod ?

We are talking about future release/current in development version, right? Because in version 0.95 only bp-bgt-worldmap is supported. So, for the current in development version, that can be taken from the branch "main" in the repo, there is a second component that you can select one of two options:

1) add the location coordinates for installing NWNForBG with bp-bgt-worldmap. In this case, you have to install bp-bgt-worldmap after this mod.

2) install the dedicated map for NWN areas. Since all NWN plot is happening at once, the world map is changed to this dedicated map once you start doing NWN plot and changed back to whatever the original world map was after finishing NWN plot. You can see the dedicated map image with all NWN locations here: https://www.mediafire.com/view/5yxlnw3z9mfujvh/nwnworld.PNG/file#

3 hours ago, Morgoth said:

Also, do you provide banters from the party npcs that react to the event happening, or is it simply a story module ?

Unfortunately, there are no banters. There are lots of talks with joinable NPCs and they have their personal quests, but they don't comment any events and don't talk to any other NPCs. It is how it was done in the original NWN campaign. It would be nice to add such banters (and also add some content to them for normal BG2 campaign (dialogs, banters, etc)), but there is lots of work to write all these new dialogs and code them, so I am not ready to do it.

Edited by paladin84
2 hours ago, Morgoth said:

So, how are you supposed to work with your party? Do you drop them/do they get frozen in time so romances and all the banters we should have are simply stopped?

There is no content for joinable NPCs outside of NWN plot, so after NWN they will stay in your party but no banters, talks, etc. I would probably fire them after NWN plot.

3 hours ago, paladin84 said:

There is no content for joinable NPCs outside of NWN plot, so after NWN they will stay in your party but no banters, talks, etc. I would probably fire them after NWN plot.

I think they were asking what you are meant to do with the BG2 NPCs while in Neverwinter, if the NWN areas have their own NPCs.

I suppose you can either keep all your BG2 npcs and not take any from NWN or take only one NWN npc.

In NWN you could only have one "mercenary" anyway so if dialogs are taken as is there is no inter-npc dialog or banter so you can't miss anything.

(Thought maybe this was changed in nwnforbg ?)

5 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I think they were asking what you are meant to do with the BG2 NPCs while in Neverwinter, if the NWN areas have their own NPCs.

Yes, sure, you do whatever you want with your bg2 companions. You can have them while you are doing NWN, you can fire them before or in the middle on NWN content (just don't leave them on NWN areas they are locked after NWN content). I guess it is what you do with any other mod's NPCs.

4 hours ago, mickabouille said:

In NWN you could only have one "mercenary" anyway so if dialogs are taken as is there is no inter-npc dialog or banter so you can't miss anything.

(Thought maybe this was changed in nwnforbg ?)

Unfortunately, they don't talk to each other (as you said they only have original NWN talks), they don't react to anything outside of NWN, they don't have banters, no romance conflicts, reactions, etc. I would love to finish BG2 with Sharwyn as a romantic interest (if her romance is further developed, she has proper reactions to BG2 events, banters, etc), but one have to create lots of new dialogs for that...

Edited by paladin84
3 hours ago, paladin84 said:

Unfortunately, they don't talk to each other (as you said they only have original NWN talks), they don't react to anything outside of NWN, they don't have banters, no romance conflicts, reactions, etc. I would love to finish BG2 with Sharwyn as a romantic interest (if her romance is further developed, she has proper reactions to BG2 events, banters, etc), but one have to create lots of new dialogs for that...

As a sidenote, maybe you can add NWN's NPCs' here for whenever it gets updated?

Currently giving this mod a try, I'm very impressed with the new maps and the whole body of work that went behind this. If the original NWN looked like this when it got out, I might not have hated it so much.

Another suggestion: everyone having portraits is business as usual per the original NWN, but is somewhat offputting when playing BG2. Maybe you could make them optional? Something like: "Install portraits component?

A) Everyone

B) Major NPCs only (Aribeth, Nasher, Gend, etc)."

Aurora mod does something just like this (joinable NPCs would show their portraits regardless).

Will post some more typos/suggestions later.

5 hours ago, Daulmakan said:

As a sidenote, maybe you can add NWN's NPCs' here for whenever it gets updated?

Can you briefly explain what is this and what does it do?

Currently giving this mod a try, I'm very impressed with the new maps and the whole body of work that went behind this. If the original NWN looked like this when it got out, I might not have hated it so much.

Thank you, the proper engine is important for the game, lol.

Another suggestion: everyone having portraits is business as usual per the original NWN, but is somewhat offputting when playing BG2. Maybe you could make them optional? Something like: "Install portraits component?

Oh, I though the more portraits is always the better. I really like portraits everywhere. I will add the request to my todo list, though.

Any feedback is appreciated, thank you.

1 hour ago, paladin84 said:

Can you briefly explain what is this and what does it do?

Level One NPCs allows you to customize the joinable NPCs classes and stats. Adding the NWN NPCs to the mod would allow people to customize them, maybe making them more appealing? As it stands, they probably can't compete with the vanilla and other mod NPCs with more dialogue/content.

Some text suggestions, these are from v0.95, I apologise if some of them have already been reported:

report.png

Aribeth suggested responses:

"Are you going to kill the monsters to make the cure?"

"I have no more questions about the waterdhavian creatures."

Jerome suggested response:

"Maybe there is something I can do?"

Female suggested response:

"Why should I care about this?"

Oleff: the first response is an action, I'd suggest putting it between parenthesis () to differentiate it from dialogue responses. This is also valid for all other actions responses, like describing to Aribeth the situation in each district after recovering one of the reagents.

Helmite suggested response:

"No, no, I'll be leaving now."

Sedos Sebile suggested response: 

"Okay, I'll do it."

Callahan is an inkeeper who replies with quote marks when asked for lodging. Those quote marks don't belong there at all.

Bertrand's dialogue is missing the final dot.

Fenthick suggested response (1):

"What do you know about the attack on the Academy?"

(I've seen "about" be shorted to " 'bout" a number of times. I advice against it).

Docks Citizen suggested response:

"Pirates don't like that kind of attention."

Gilda's dialogue is also missing the final dot.

Dara'nei suggested response:

"What do you know about the auction?"

Desther suggested response (1):

"I'm a hero. We do things like this."

During the cutscene where Desther escapes, Fenthick says "waut" instead of "wait".

Bregan suggested response:

"How do you know they aren't dead?"

Yari suggested responses:

"Tell me where Desther is!"

"Who are your masters?"

"Why was Desther cast aside?"

Black Grimoire suggested response:

"Close the book."

Fenthick suggested response ("):

"What did you do, Fenthick?"

"Where did Desther go?"

Desther suggested response (2):

"Whom do you serve?"

Commoner suggested responsed:

"I am looking for certain people."

"Fine, I'll go then."

Aarin suggested response:

"Tell me about Luskan."

Solomon suggested response:

"I am <CHARNAME>. Why are you asking?"

Bug report: Darktongue Breakbone gives NEGATIVE (-5000) quest XP when communicating news to him.

Also, there are several items with the description BAM being just a bigger version of the inventory icon, instead of a "pencil sketch" like the rest of the game's items. I've attached a new description BAM for the Amulet of Animal Communication, you're welcome to it if you like it.

nwnyatac.bam

Edited by Daulmakan

Oh, great I will fix the reported bugs. Some of these phrases are taken directly from NWN texts but they are low-intellectual phrases (like "Ok, me do it"). Such low-intellectual phrases were not implemented for the mod and they are there by mistake (or rather my automatic scripts).

20 hours ago, paladin84 said:

Yes, sure, you do whatever you want with your bg2 companions. You can have them while you are doing NWN, you can fire them before or in the middle on NWN content (just don't leave them on NWN areas they are locked after NWN content). I guess it is what you do with any other mod's NPCs.

My only issue is that by dropping your companions, it kinda becomes hard to be sure nothing will break.

I guess that the only risk comes from romance and Jaheira's personal quest (I guess).

I will probably try to start it without companions ...

16 minutes ago, Morgoth said:

My only issue is that by dropping your companions, it kinda becomes hard to be sure nothing will break.

bg2 events are blocked (the same way, how they are blocked when you are in Underdark), so nothing should be broken. But it is nice to finish NWN content with NWN companions, at least they have something to say about what is going on and have their personal quests.