Neverwinter Night for Baldur's Gate mod

8 hours ago, BSpecific said:

Still crashing at the spider in area NW1040 (picture attached, though it doesn't show much).

I don't have any crash on my side, the spider launch WIZARD_WEB ( SPWI215.SPL), SPIDER_SUMMON (SPWI986) and create NWDEMSPI  (Demonic Astral Spider). maybe one of this action crash your game but why... ? (Maybe another mod is involved...)

8 hours ago, BSpecific said:

Able to replicate. I found the item on the ground (NW2704), but I didn't pick it up. I left the map goign northeast to (NW2705), rested a bunch (48 hours or more), then returned and it had disappeared.

It's normal game behavior, the only way to avoid this would be for the item not to start on the ground.

@paladin84, While testing the Queen Spider, I've noticed her death should trigger a fireball before her body disappears... but nope... it's not a big deal but her corpse just vanish which isn't very realistic...

To trigger the script as expected, you need to change NWSPID3.BAF :

IF
    Die()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ReallyForceSpell(Myself,RED_FIREBALL)  // SPWI957.SPL
        DestroySelf()
END

Should become (using ReallyForceSpellDead and Wait to give the fireball time to be launched)

IF
    Die()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ReallyForceSpellDead(Myself,RED_FIREBALL)  // SPWI957.SPL
        Wait(1)
        DestroySelf()
END

By the way, why destroy her corpse ? And miss her death animation ?

You can also use only

IF
    Die()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ReallyForceSpellDead(Myself,RED_FIREBALL)  // SPWI957.SPL
END

Try both to see the difference.

Edited by JohnBob
11 hours ago, BSpecific said:

3: Still crashing at the spider in area NW1040 (picture attached, though it doesn't show much).

Last time I had the issues with this spider, it was because the creature was summoning spiders. Can you try to install the latest version from the master branch of the repo, or just remove spiders summoning from the script as in this commit (https://github.com/abalabokhin/NWNForBG/commit/4839cc4c05e8b2937528ebbbb8b6f8d33c4042d6), please? You are the only one at this moment, who can reproduce the bug.

11 hours ago, BSpecific said:

5: Able to replicate. I found the item on the ground (NW2704), but I didn't pick it up. I left the map goign northeast to (NW2705), rested a bunch (48 hours or more), then returned and it had disappeared.

50 minutes ago, lynx said:

Or mark the item as critical, AFAIK that prevents it being purged.

Thanks, I will try to reproduce it and fix this way.

3 hours ago, JohnBob said:

To trigger the script as expected, you need to change NWSPID3.BAF :

Thank you, I fixed it to properly cast fireball and dissapear. I guess the initial idea was that fireball explode the body, so no body after casting...

Ooops, I just found out that there are two almost identical spiders (NWSPID0 and NWSPID3). I had crush with both of them (probably), but fixed only one. Now both of them are fixed (in the master branch)  and there are hopefully should be no crashes. I still cannot reproduce the crash now (while I had it before). @BSpecific, can you please reinstall the mod from master branch and test it again. I also added flag critical for the journal, it should not disappear (it didn't for me).

Created the new release: https://github.com/abalabokhin/NWNForBG/releases/tag/0.94

All the known bugs should be fixed in it, but some of them still need to be checked (like the one with the game crush). The main change is that I added other languages for the mod (German, French, Italian, Spanish and Polish). They are mixed with English and about 2800 English lines for every of these language needs to be manually translated/verified. If there are other languages, NWN was translated to, I can add them as well, having the dialog.tlk file. I described the process of finishing existing translations in details in "Translator Notes" section in README.

4 hours ago, MephistoSatanDevil said:

I have upload it in github as a issue with attach.

Thank you, I processed the file, but I found you that I don't know how to make weidu understands Chinese. I guess all the files should be in gb18030 enconding, but weidu complaints that it doesn't know Chinese (ERROR: charset could not be inferred for language chinese).

Is there other mods with Chinese support, so I can see how it is made there?

9 hours ago, paladin84 said:

Thank you, I processed the file, but I found you that I don't know how to make weidu understands Chinese. I guess all the files should be in gb18030 enconding, but weidu complaints that it doesn't know Chinese (ERROR: charset could not be inferred for language chinese).

Is there other mods with Chinese support, so I can see how it is made there?

Back to Brynnlaw
https://github.com/Pocket-Plane-Group/Back_to_Brynnlaw/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

Absolutely brilliant mod! Well done to @paladin84 and the Russian lad.

I wished there was some more of the beautiful battles themes available of the original NWN, for instance the iconic Aribeth Battle theme.

Also FR legends like Klauth deserve to be a little more distinguished from ordinary Dragons in terms of abilities and the battle script.

Just my 2 cents, otherwise great great mod that I think also has a lot of potential for the future.

I've noticed this mod introduces spells that IWDification already does: Snilloc's Snowball Swarm, Icelance, Beltyn's Burning Blood, Monster Summoning IV and V. From what little I can see, both groups of spells can coexist, but as duplicates. Are they absolutely necessary? If so, maybe it'd be better toinclude some manner of compatibility, like letting IWDification install them, and a component that goes after and applies IWDification's instances where needed.

Edited by Connelly
On 12/30/2023 at 10:45 AM, Kyros said:

Absolutely brilliant mod! Well done to @paladin84 and the Russian lad.

Thank you, I am glad you liked it. I like your ideas and I added them to my todo list. Even if I don't have time to modify mod content (other than bug fixing) now, I might have it at some point.

18 hours ago, Connelly said:

I've noticed this mod introduces spells that IWDification already does: Snilloc's Snowball Swarm, Icelance, Beltyn's Burning Blood, Monster Summoning IV and V. From what little I can see, both groups of spells can coexist, but as duplicates. Are they absolutely necessary? If so, maybe it'd be better toinclude some manner of compatibility, like letting IWDification install them, and a component that goes after and applies IWDification's instances where needed.

These spells were added by AGKanevchev and overall I like the idea of having some "north" spells in NWN content. I tried to add these new spells properly, using ADD_SPELL and patching dependent resources with the actual spell resources. Thus, in theory, if such spells are exist in the game (eg added by IWDification) by the time of NWNForBG mod installation, already installed versions of the spells are going to be used in the mod and no new spells are going to be added. I didn't test installing NWNForBG after IWDification but hopefully it will work.

If IWDification is installed after NWNForBG, there is nothing I can do, but I hope it is also add new spells properly, so only one version of the spells are used everywhere.

Edited by paladin84