You were most dissapointed that

Domi

Why, oh why I won't be able to romance:  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yay, Kiki - long time no see! I hope that you and yours are all doing well :) We are sort of wrapping up atm here, but I think that a Safana's Romance mod will be a great additioin to the TUTU mods collection, for sure!

Oh, whoops! Will there still be someone to do coding? The little I learned about coding has all dribbled out of my head.

And yes, we're all well--thanks! :D

Yay, Kiki - long time no see! I hope that you and yours are all doing well :) We are sort of wrapping up atm here, but I think that a Safana's Romance mod will be a great additioin to the TUTU mods collection, for sure!

Oh, whoops! Will there still be someone to do coding? The little I learned about coding has all dribbled out of my head.

And yes, we're all well--thanks! :D

Yea its been a long time. I am still wanting to do a romance for Imoen, but am waiting to get word from Qitch who hasn't been on for some time.

Glad to hear that you are well!

As for coding, I don't know if Andy is going to pick up the banner, I am retiring from BG modding after the Phase III/KivanSoA is out :)

You're retiring?! That's too bad. I will remember you for the Tutu Kivan. :p Speaking of Tutu, I fear I won't be much use even though I promised I could alpha-test: This is the first time I've been able to post here in a while and I have promises of even less available time to come. :p A thousand apologies.

Heh, our biggest hold up now is with finding help with editing rather than testing, that goes rather smoothly so don't worry too much :p And I am huh, not really going anywhere, just shutting down my BG2 projects.

Heh, our biggest hold up now is with finding help with editing rather than testing, that goes rather smoothly so don't worry too much :p And I am huh, not really going anywhere, just shutting down my BG2 projects.

Where will you be then? You could come try you hand at helping code some EU2 or CK projects :p

Yea...i don't see that happening.

Andyr does not neet to take over BG1NPC, since he is a co-mod on it. he is welcome to contribute anything and give a hand at any time, it's just with his school and other mods he does not have much time for it. I, of course, too will be staying on to fix bugs and glitches, as I have done some 80% of the project and know its structure well. But, I won't be adding any new materials, or at least I think so now. So, don't fret, the mod is in good hands and will be maintained properly.

Will nobody vote for Eldoth? (sigh) I can't help but wonder why.  :p

Hmm. I agree Eldoth is an interesting character. Maybe they're thinking of poor Skie?

Maybe not. But I did notice that none of the romanceable men in the NPC project are evil. Not having been here when it was originally decided, I can't comment on that. Were the evil males considered too, well, evil, perhaps?

I think Alora could have been good too - they allow halfling PCs to have romances in BGII but not halfling NPCs as of yet.

Hmm. I agree Eldoth is an interesting character. Maybe they're thinking of poor Skie?

I've thought about seven more or less permanent ways to get rid of her so far. (I wonder if making her run off with Safana is an option?) Hmmm... to me it seems he'll abandon Skie, anyway, so he could well do it in favour of PC? (and then, in six cases out of seven, abandon PC, too, but we'll come to that yet.)

Maybe not. But I did notice that none of the romanceable men in the NPC project are evil. Not having been here when it was originally decided, I can't comment on that. Were the evil males considered too, well, evil, perhaps?

I've no problem in romancing Evil. I mean, normal Evil, not whitewashed one, so, for example, if I romance Eldoth, I do not want him to say "oh, yes, I understood that some women are equal to men" or, if I romance Xzar, I do not want him to say "ok, I'm all reformed, and won't use children for spell components anymore." And so on.

But I think I that Evil romances got cut only because there were no ready projects submitted when the deadline kicked in. If there were one, two, five Evil romances written, proofread and tested, they all would go in, I guess. For example, Shar-Teel Relationship is part of the mod, and she is quite evil.

I think Alora could have been good too - they allow halfling PCs to have romances in BGII but not halfling NPCs as of yet.

I do not consider halflings sexually attractive, so... Though Frodo is hot - but part of his charm is that he is forever alone.

Basically, every romance that was included following loosely this empirical equation:

I=A*P+B*W+C*WT+D*CT+R(t)

where P is public interest (measured by a poll run before Phase III was initiated), W - Czar's (or supplimentary writer's) willingness to write a romance, WT - is writer's time, and CD is the coder's time. A,B,C and D are coefficients and R(t) is a random function depending on time.

For the evil male romances specifically, from the suggested evil male romances, Merja did not have enough time to write Edwin's, the work started on Xzar's but fizzled out, and Eldoth was talked about but never initiated. Montaron had both low popularity rating and no volounteers to write it. The closest we came to an evil male romance was with Xzar, and the best of the talks that were written for it were integrated as Xzar-PC interactions, both player initiated and NPC initiated. The next closest was I think me discussing with Merja co-authoring on Edwin, but I went for Shar-Teel instead, as at that time we had more male romances in near-making stage than female ones.

Archived