Infinity Engine Radio - IER

TheWizard

Hello, Deathsangel!

My critique is actually more towards the host than the guest (you) in this case because it's the host who should optimize the content so that it becomes smooth and not repetitive and not you. However you've not been annoying at all. It's just that the long time could have been used much better and the final program be better refined. :)

Point taken, a thousand lashes with a camel's hair to my backside! :party:

Actually, it's more like the editor or producer who should compact the episode, not the host. However, seeing as I wear all those hats...yeah. :)

One of these days, if I do snip an interview down to size, I'm bound to get a letter from the interviewee saying, "Hey, why did you cut such-and-such a part out?" Oh well, whether I cut too little, too much, or none at all, I guess you can't please everyone all of the time! :)

Point taken, a thousand lashes with a camel's hair to my backside! :band:

Actually, it's more like the editor or producer who should compact the episode, not the host.  However, seeing as I wear all those hats...yeah. :)

One of these days, if I do snip an interview down to size, I'm bound to get a letter from the interviewee saying, "Hey, why did you cut such-and-such a part out?"  Oh well, whether I cut too little, too much, or none at all, I guess you can't please everyone all of the time! :party:

The best you can do is make your best choices, and go with it. If you are there in the 'editting room', I would suggest doing a little bit of sound mixing as well (if you are doing this in >1 channel). Raise the volume of the guests a bit to match your voice level. Note that it is not entirely your fault--your voice comes through more resonant than most ppl's, if played at the same basic volume.

I would love to do an interview/guest slot; perhaps when I get some new versions out and actually have "something" to talk about. And, get my microphone/PA system back from a guitarist buddy's house. P.S: Can probably borrow a 4/8 track recorder from time-to-time as well. :)

(The moral: Don't worry about giving my voice any more volume, hehe :bday:)

It would be particularily nice if somehow it could be set up like a "radio callin" show--an "ask the modder" segment. Not sure if this is conceivably possible, or not, on the pc format.

I think TheWizard asks good questions to be honest. As far as I know from other radio shows, hosts make their own questions foremost and sometimes listeners call in to ask questions, but that is kind of hard with this show. I don't think it is possible for the TheWizard to say whom his guest is going to so people can make up questions. For instance, that I came on the show was decided one hour before we recorded :) So, I reckon that to be a bit hard to do. I reckon it is more feasible to make questions and TheWizard tries to get the answers for his show... though you can just ask them at the forum... If we want the show to be more interactive we should also react to TheWizard's request of telling about how many mods are in our monster mod game (I did :))

The volume of guests/co-hosts has been raised steadily over the course of episodes. I'm getting better at that, although it can prove difficult to find a happy medium between hearing the guest's voice and minimizing the amount of background air.

Having a pseudo-call in show has been tossed around, and yes, it wouldn't be a live call in show, but rather a chance for listeners to submit their questions in advance. As Deathsangel pointed out, this feature won't always be feasible, due to time constraints. Once I get some confirmations from possible guests, I can post a notice and allow listeners to "call in" as it were. :)

I believe Horred has just confirmed his spot! We'll work on a more concrete date to do the interview. :)

If Horred is going be on, and you're taking questions, perhaps, if you have time, you might be able to use these two:

Horred is the only big-timer I know who also serieously tried Aurora, so, I am very curious to here him comment about his experiences. Did knowing IE's ins and outs helped or was actually a handycap? His comparison of the company-created tool-set to the community-created? etc. And, of course, with NWN2 looming on horizon, what are his thoughts on that one? Will he try to give it a shot, etc?

Archived