Auren V3 Bugs

theacefes

When installing Auren v3 on the latest version of WeiDU (v191), it gives errors.

Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~Global("AurenAnomenBanter1","AR1900,1)~: Failure("lexing: empty token")
[AurenAseph\Dialogues\K#AurenB.d] parsed

There's a " missing after AR1900

And then follows a whole collection of I_C_T_2 warnings.

WARNING: I_C_T2: the interjection point (ARAN 20) has multiple exit transitions that have different actions!
First Action: SetGlobal("AranJob","GLOBAL",2)

SetGlobal("RefusedAran","GLOBAL",0)
Other Action: SetGlobal("AranJob","GLOBAL",2)

WARNING: I_C_T2: the interjection point (ARAN 20) has multiple exit transitions that have different actions!

WARNING: I_C_T2: the interjection point (BEGGAR1 0) has multiple exit transitions that have different actions!
First Action: TakePartyGold(5)
Other Action: TakePartyGold(1)
WARNING: I_C_T2: the interjection point (BEGGAR1 0) has multiple exit transitions that have different actions!
First Action: ""
First Action: ""
WARNING: I_C_T2: the interjection point (PLAYER1 16) has multiple exit transitions that have different actions!
First Action: SetGlobal("IrenicusBeat","AR2806",2)

SetGlobal("HadPeopleBeforeHell","LOCALS",1)
Other Action: SetGlobal("IrenicusBeat","AR2806",2)

WARNING: I_C_T2: the interjection point (PLAYER1 16) has multiple exit transitions that have different actions!

I'm probably a n00b who knows nothing about this, but back when I had this problem (after reading Domi's posts about when to use ICT2 and when to use ICT), I changed the problem zones (like the ones I posted above) to ICT and it worked. Hope that helps. The rest of the mod installs correctly.

When installing Auren v3 on the latest version of WeiDU (v191), it gives errors.

I've just installed Auren without witnessing any of the problems you mention. I must say that sometime after double-clicking the exe file, there's an attempt to update WeiDU, but I just closed it.

What I prevented the exe from doing is basically to run a certain bat file:

'@echo off

echo "gMinion is updating all WeiDU programs. Please be patient..."

"Setup-AurenAseph.exe" --update-all > nul

cls

"Setup-AurenAseph.exe"

'

Anyway, I'd be at a loss telling you if your problem stemmed from the update or something else. But yes, the problem might well be the code after WeiDU performed its update.

Red Knight, Grim Squeaker is the real dude here, so when in doubt follow him rather than me,

but I can tell you that all you did is stop WeiDU from updating itself, which is a Bad Idea. On my (ancient) WinME system, I sometimes (3 times out of many, many different mods) get WeiDU errors on the autoupdate .bat file, which give strange SETUP-~1.tp2 files, etc. This messes the WeiDU.log up. If you are having those errors, then by all means disable the autoupdate .bat; just afterwards, before installing that particular mod, copy the latest version of WeiDU available (e.g. "WeiDU.exe" or "Setup-TutuTweaks.exe" - whatever your most updated mod last installed) and rename the file to match the mod you are currently installing.

The good news is that if you update WeiDU and get an error message, the folks working on the mods get to know what is wrong, and fix it. Or, of course, in the case of the above I_C_T2 error, tell you it's ok and how to either fix it or ignore it.

The bad news, is that except for very specific instances with truly ancient mods, using the older WeiDU only appears on the surface to be better. The content of the mod hasn't changed, though, so you just end up with hidden errors... and, of course, huge problems when you try a new mod that expects to use the WeiDU functions only available in the newest versions!

Yeah, they are 'just don't use I_C_T2 by default' bugs.

Will they break the game or are they no big deal?

(I'm official now! Woo-hoo! :) )

Erm... I couldn't say. If you use I_C_T2 incorrectly you can end up with some extremely odd behaviour. My advice is follow that list of points WeiDU has thrown feedback and edit the interjections .d file accordingly, changing those I_C_T2s into I_C_Ts (just those ones mind you). Then run Setup-AurenAseph.exe and [R]einstall.

I imagine Ace will fix this soon enough (well, once she's awake).

WARNING: cannot verify trigger ~Global("AurenAnomenBanter1","AR1900,1)~: Failure("lexing: empty token")
[AurenAseph\Dialogues\K#AurenB.d] parsed

There's a "  missing after AR1900

And then follows a whole collection of I_C_T_2 warnings.

This is odd, as this was explicitly fixed before v3 was released. Did you snag the unofficial (and never should be in public circulation) v3 from IEGMC prior to the official release? The official release is named Auren-v3.exe (OS X version is OSX-Auren-v3.rar) and was not available until yesterday. Also, did you completely uninsall the previous version before installing v3?

Morning everyone.

Yeah, the ICT2 warnings have always been in the debug. As far as I know, they won't mess up the game...though there used to be crashes because it was being used at cutscenes because I am retarded.

The mod installed perfectly for me. I have the patch and G3 tweak pack (I think its the tweak pack). I uninstalled Auren V2 and reinstalled V3. The only downside to this whole was that WeiDU felt it had to uninstall and reinstall the tweak pack by itself, making the installation of Auren last forever.

The mod works fine for me.

I'm staying over at a friend's house tonight but when I return (or before I leave today) I will go through the J file and fix all these dumb bugs, and I will also add content that had to be removed because of a crashing bug.

Okay, guys I went through the interjections file and fixed all the I_C_T2s and made them ICTs. I'll send it to be uploaded as soon as I can and Cam can update the download links.

EDIT: One final note guys; If you choose to email me about a bug...I would appreciate it if you attached your DEBUG file as well...though we all know that's just common sense right?

Small typo from K#AurenB:

== K#AurenB ~In my sixteenth year, the adventuring group I had joined up with was beginning to fall apart.  Arguements over leadership, money, anything really, happened nonstop.  I got an offer from a mercenary group to go to Icewind Dale.~

'Arguments'.

Something I found this morning when I started chapter 2. I had Auren in my party when I rescued and drafted Viconia. It's a small text error in her speech.

Auren - While this Drow may be telling the truth, she is still a Drow and people around us will look down at us is we take her with us. However, I have no problem personally with her joining us.

'is' should be 'if' of course. ^__^

Archived