"Addicted to WeiDU" -- KenTeamBG

icelus

Nope, we Umurucuns have it over all of you... We have both kinds, Fried AND Burned!

After all, what could possibly beat the epicurean heights of White Castle Burgers/Big Macs, dipped into corn batter, deep fried, and served on a stick? :)

An old joke from a European friend of mine: in heaven, the British run the government, the Germans are the police, the French cook, and the Italians are the lovers. In hell, the Italians run the government, the French are the police, the British cook, and the Germans are the lovers. :)

In defense of American cuisine--anything is tasty when you add an unnecessary 800 calories from fat. :)

I tend to cook often for my friends at Uni, who are pretty multinational (one Brit, two Americans, one from Hong Kong and one Indian). Tis true I tend not to cook traditional British food, though...

So some of us can cook, just I try to avoid Shepherd's Pie all the time! :)

@Nightmare: I'm playing on a (probably untrue) American stereotype about British cuisine being little more than a chunk of meat boiled in water with no seasoning (except maybe some salt).

@Nightmare:  I'm playing on a (probably untrue) American stereotype about British cuisine being little more than a chunk of meat boiled in water with no seasoning (except maybe some salt).

Na, those of us who are still omnivores tend to prefer our meat grilled, fried or roasted nowadays :).

The most popular cuisine in modern day Britain is curry, though British curry bears little resemblance to Indian curry :).

When I lived in Monterrey, my favorite place to eat was a little British Pub that served a really nice vegetarian vindaloo. I think** know what you mean about British curry.

** I don't know if the Chef was British and have no idea if the vindaloo bore any resemblance to what one would get over in the UK.

Archived