Level1NPCs Discussion

Azazello

Sorry for the delay... I have the lastest beta, v0.6. Can we get it hosted here at G3? Or someplace else?

I could do rapidshare or other site but they have a time-limit on storage.

I thought much of the heavylifting had been done by Nythrun, so maybe the community can flesh out any bugs and stuff.

I am under the impression that both CamDawg and I are ready to package (he has to do any Mac stuff, or pass it over to Gorilym) and CamDawg is ready to establish a working forum, once Nythrun says "Go", or "Boo", or whatever; and of course provides what she feels is her "ready to release" version (or even "ready to test" version).
Unfortunately, sometimes RL gets in the way of modding or even forum reading (as I well know) but hopefully that doesn't mean something dire is up. I could be wrong, but I thought somewhere in this thread Nythrun asking about hosting or at least getting a page up. I think she approved my HTML/G3-ization of her readme, though it needs to be updated to the latest version. Anyhow, judging from her own comments in the readme, it'd be a bit bizarre if she objected to others going forward with it without her explicit approval. As Azazello said, the majority of the work seems to be done here, so it's just a matter of the community fixing bugs etc. (though frankly, trying to read her code makes me a bit woozy...).

This is a great mod though and it's high time it had a site, rather than a 25-page forum post (which could easily be separate posts for separate issues in one forum).

OK, will ask again and put around a bit. Sending good thoughts to Nythrun, wherever she is. Volunteering myself to act temporarily as her site-updater-of-information, as best i can. If someone has Beta 6 lying around and can .rar it up for me and send it, I would appreciate it; one kind soul sent me v5, and my personal one is a tweaked Beta 2 that I was taking apart and putting back together to learn how each thing worked...

I have v0.6. I don't think I have your e-address so PM me.

Why don't we just update the first post for now, put it there, so that anyone who wants it can get it?

The best way to beta a product is to let people use it. Just ask Microsoft.

Beta 6 has been G3 packaged (winrar, bells & whistles, pretty colors) and the flag file moved to the .g3 extension.

Successful test install on BGT, turning Coran into a Paladin and Aerie into a F/M/C with a Wild Mage kit. (No, I'm not playtesting :) It might be good for someone to see how far you can bend stuff before it breaks, though...)

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.04
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #2 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding staff)"
~LVL1NPCS/LVL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's L1 NPCs, Beta 6: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components)
~LVL1NPCS/LVL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1201 // Aerie
~LVL1NPCS/LVL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1221 // Coran

Rechecked .cres using NI; everything looks great. Nythrun indicates neutrality on install order, but logic suggests an almost-last-in-order install, so that the mod can pick up all the possible kits and match what you have installed.

The first post in this thread has the package, hosted temporarily on my personal site (G3 does not allow .exe attachments) until such time as we can populate a forum. It is currently windows only, and is currently only intended to work on an english language distribution of BG, Tutu v4, EasyTutu, BGT, BGII - SoA, and/or BGII - ToB.

Beta 6 has been G3 packaged (winrar, bells & whistles, pretty colors) and the flag file moved to the .g3 extension.

Successful test install on BGT, turning Coran into a Paladin and Aerie into a F/M/C with a Wild Mage kit. (No, I'm not playtesting :) It might be good for someone to see how far you can bend stuff before it breaks, though...)

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.04
~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #2 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding staff)"
~LVL1NPCS/LVL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Nythrun's L1 NPCs, Beta 6: List party-joinable NPCs (required to install any other components)
~LVL1NPCS/LVL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1201 // Aerie
~LVL1NPCS/LVL1NPCS.TP2~ #0 #1221 // Coran

Rechecked .cres using NI; everything looks great. Nythrun indicates neutrality on install order, but logic suggests an almost-last-in-order install, so that the mod can pick up all the possible kits and match what you have installed.

The first post in this thread has the package, hosted temporarily on my personal site (G3 does not allow .exe attachments) until such time as we can populate a forum. It is currently windows only, and is currently only intended to work on an english language distribution of BG, Tutu v4, EasyTutu, BGT, BGII - SoA, and/or BGII - ToB.

[i will be adding this to my current (restarted) runthrough, just to see how things go.]

You da man, cmorgan.

Now if we can just get that forum going, everything you wrote can go into the first post of a FAQ.

I am planning on rebuilding my miniMegaInstall (will be over a month though), which will just be BG2 not BG1, and in it I would mod Valygar, Minsc, Mazzy and Cernd. Good times.

"Nythrun deserves cookies, flowers, chocolate, and about $10,000 of development money, if anyone is ricch enough!"

I don't know about the 10 grand, but I have offered her a nice foot-rub. And I give goood foot-rubs..

Archived