Coran Flirt Loop

Guest lost child

Aha, yes, this makes sense. This means some GlobalTimer has expired.

And, yes, you can complete Wyvern's quest without Coran, actually - presumably he *should* shut up then.

A-a-a-and - you could simply restore your save from a bit earlier and just do wyverns before this Firewine thingy.

I've seen similar problem in the earlier versions because Coran Bio's J file. The silly but effective remedy was to summon a wyvern via CluaConsole and kill her, and get the head he wants so badly. You might want to try it as a band-aid solution.

I am afraid Domi may have the only solution... I can't find anything that would cause this in our code ;) I mean, it has to be there, as we attempt to fix this by adding to the Wyvern stuff:

IF
OR(2)
!Global("CoranMatch","GLOBAL",1)
Global("CoranRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
GlobalTimerExpired("coran","GLOBAL")
InParty(Myself)
!Dead("wyvern")
Global("X#CoranWyvernWarning1","LOCALS",0)
Global("CoranWyvern","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#CoranWyvernWarning1","LOCALS",1)
ActionOverride("coran",Dialogue([PC]))
END

IF
OR(2)
!Global("CoranMatch","GLOBAL",1)
Global("CoranRomanceInactive","GLOBAL",1)
GlobalTimerExpired("coran","GLOBAL")
InParty(Myself)
!Dead("wyvern")
Global("X#CoranWyvernWarning2","LOCALS",0)
Global("CoranWyvern","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("X#CoranWyvernWarning2","LOCALS",1)
ActionOverride("coran",Dialogue([PC]))
END

And we try to fix the BioWare stuff:

COPY_EXISTING ~_CORAN.bcs~ ~override~
  DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY
	~GlobalTimerExpired("Coran","GLOBAL")%whitespace%InParty(Myself)%whitespace%!Dead("wyvern")~
	~GlobalTimerExpired("Coran","GLOBAL") InParty(Myself) !Dead("wyvern") Global("X#CoranWyvernDisable","GLOBAL",1)~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

(Hey, side note, why didn't we just false this out, instead of putting an unattainable global in place? Was it testing, so we could undo it?)

I am off to look deeper, and see if I can figure out what could be happening with the expired timer "coran".

Hmmm - forgot we had CORE as well as phases. More files to move to the close via dialogue standard.

IF

GlobalTimerExpired(whatever)

!Dead("wyvern") //or whatever is used to indicate that a wyvern is dead

Global("X#KillThisAndShutCoranUp","GLOBAL",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

Global("X#KillThisAndShutCoranUp","GLOBAL",1)

CreateCreatureObjectOffset("wyvern","coran",50.50) //or maybe that last bit is 50,50)

END

Sorry. I know this is a cheesy way out, but this problem is crossing versions, and we can't seem to find a damned thing wrong with it.

Also, for those that don't know my sense of humor by now, I don't intend this post to be taken seriously.

(Hey, side note, why didn't we just false this out, instead of putting an unattainable global in place? Was it testing, so we could undo it?)

No, it was Domi doing the first thing that came to her mind to fix the thing.

I have a suggestion for Berelinde's code:

RESPONSE #100

CreateCreatureObjectOffset("wyvern","coran",50.50) //or maybe that last bit is 50,50)

Kill("wyvern")

DisplayStringHead("coran",~Now, I'm happy! Er... how about flirting a bit?~)

Wait(1)

Kill("coran")

END

Coran was repeating "yes" over and over for me, too. But I just turned my speakers down and put up with it. Like I said, once I completed the wyvern quest, he went back to normal. I actually didn't have to go to Cloakwood to find a wyvern though. I found a couple in a cave being trained as that guy's pets (I can't think of his name but I'm sure one of you know what I'm talking about) and I used that scull to complete it. I could never give up on Coran.

RESPONSE #100

Kill("wyvern")

DisplayStringHead("coran",~Now, I'm happy! Er... how about flirting a bit?~)

Wait(1)

Kill("coran")

END

MYAHAHAHAHA! ;)

It finally worked!

Restoring old saves didn't work, so I kicked Coran out, sent him to Nashkell and got the wywern head without him. Afterwards I picked him up again and when entering the Temple area, everything went well, the flowers were restored, the head delivered and the quest in the Firewine ruins went well as well.

Thank you so mucn for your kind help! ;)

good to know -- and now we definitely know that we need to rip this whole thing Coran Wyvern thing apart again and get it rebuilt so it doesn't happen. Though I seriously am at a loss as to what is not working, and have this sneaking suspicion that if Domi couldn't fix it it is one of those unsolvables...

I found a couple in a cave being trained as that guy's pets (I can't think of his name but I'm sure one of you know what I'm talking about) and I used that scull to complete it.
Sounds like Peter of the North ;).
good to know -- and now we definitely know that we need to rip this whole thing Coran Wyvern thing apart again and get it rebuilt so it doesn't happen. Though I seriously am at a loss as to what is not working, and have this sneaking suspicion that if Domi couldn't fix it it is one of those unsolvables...
Nothing is Unsolvable! The Truth is out there! Er, anyway... this sounds similar to the Looping Yeslick bug plainab fixed in the BG1 Fixpack forum - maybe you can figure out something by checking that out (a bit beyond my expertise though ;)).

I think only one thing is at fault:

- PID somehow got a higher state than Coran's original warning. We could fix that by adding a variable to PIDs, of course: "Do not run when Coran is about to say his WYVERN WARNING, you!", but I think that we need really, seriously enforce this simple rule: whatever the player does, PID install last, each and every time. Not just a warning in the readme, but enforce it via tp2, somehow.

I am helpless here, because I don't know how to do it. But I have heard that TheBigg is accepting serious requests for WeiDU 200, so, since cmorgan can phrase the request far, far better than I can, I suggest we do it... that is, he does it. ;)

It is last in the list, DESIGNATED 200, yes. But it is quite possible to install required changes, then, say, romances and PID's, and then run the installer again and install quests, is it not - or, if my memory doesn't fail me, it is what I have done the day before yesterday. Should try it again, in any case.

Anyway, yes, since his warning is in the Bio file, everything BG1-related should be appended below, really(really?). But still, it is suspicious that he cannot find a desired dialogue state. Maybe killing X#CORWYV.baf will help? That is, Coran will only warn the PC if she clicks on him?

And also, forgive my ignorance, why in .tp2 we first

EXTEND_TOP ~_CORAN.bcs~ ~BG1NPC/Core/BAF/X#CORWYV.BAF~

and then

COPY_EXISTING ~_CORAN.BCS~ ~override~
  DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
  REPLACE_TEXTUALLY
	~GlobalTimerExpired("Coran","GLOBAL")[%tab% %lnl%%mnl%%wnl%]+InParty(Myself)[%tab% %lnl%%mnl%%wnl%]+!Dead("wyvern")~
	~GlobalTimerExpired("Coran","GLOBAL") InParty(Myself) !Dead("wyvern") Global("X#CoranWyvernDisable","GLOBAL",1)~
  COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS

?

Aren't we decompiling and changing our own already modified script?

(Yeah, yeah, Kulyok asks lots of silly questions. But anyway).

Archived