You guys are great!

Sluagh

No, it's all right - area check wasn't there(a Promenade check was in Jaheira's Ribald reaction - I confused these two).

Anyone had a "Faster Harder Scooter" moment with "Faster, Bjornin! Harder!" ? I so totally did.

*snort* so I wasn't the only one xD Tho, after that I had a realy strange thought regarding the fact that unlike NWN, you can't use whips...eerr... as a weapon I mean ;]. Such a perfect opportunity wasted...

Anyway, you folks should be happy it was Anomen, and not Tashia. This lady leaves the party at once and drains a Con point from you to boot, if you snog a young prostitute in Saradush. I'd like to see what she'd do if she suddenly found out PC had had no fewer than six or seven affairs, and kept all of them secret from her... on the other hand, perhaps not.

Hey, what would you do if you were a pissed-off sorceress who'd just been cheated on?

Seriously, I've always thought that particular little incident over the top myself, but it fit in perfectly with Arian's view of the character, which is what we were trying to achieve.

Oh, and... I'll be definitely checking this one out. Maybe I ought to copy all the global info and repeat that particular script sequence a dozen times over so Tashia does it with every single one of the encounters. ???

Heheh. Random stat draining - it's just like Russian roulette. Seriously, though, yes, checking it out is always good.

Xan has some reactions to more 'obvious' encounters "Only Ribald, and no one else? There is no need to be so modest about your conquests, <CHARNAME>." - but they're more like Anomen's.

No, it's all right - area check wasn't there(a Promenade check was in Jaheira's Ribald reaction - I confused these two).

Yeah, Jaheira is supposed to banter in the Promenade, not outside of it, as a direct reaction to <Charname's> frequent absence.

I don't understand why you should add a anti-promenade check for Anomen - the situation Sluagh described is funny. Besides, Anomen doesn't hear what Ribald says, Ribald only talks to <Charname> in private.

Guest Alhea

I just wanted to pipe in I loved Jarlaxle, Renal, and Cyric's encounters! Very well written - and very fun to read. :p

I don't know if it's a possibility, but I would love to see more encounters and dialogue with them in later versions, perhaps? Jarlaxle's was very sweet at the end, and I would have loved to meet up with him again. :)

Oh, and Haer'Dalis was nice, and very sad, to read. Makes me wish they had included his romance. ???

What, you'd like to meet Cyric again? ???

Jarlaxle is sweet, yes. And Renal is simply People's Choice 2007 ©.

I don't think it's a problem to write a Haer'Dalis romance; not sure people will play it, though. (Okay, if people request Circle mod, they *might* play Haer'Dalis romance; still, uncertainty).

I don't understand why you should add a anti-promenade check for Anomen - the situation Sluagh described is funny. Besides, Anomen doesn't hear what Ribald says, Ribald only talks to <Charname> in private.

I suppose you're right. Should think about it some more.

Guest Guest

Quick question about versions: any information about new one? ???

In other words, may i start new game right now or better wait for RE.v2 (bug free and more content)?

Quick question about versions: any information about new one? ???

In other words, may i start new game right now or better wait for RE.v2 (bug free and more content)?

That's a charming question for a newly introduced mod, thank you very much, guest.

Well, we think it's more or less bug free, and date for v2 is not fixed yet, so you have to decide for yourself, I guess.

RE_v1 is rather playable, and forty components seem like quite enough content to me, though different people have different standards, naturally. What would you like to be changed or added, exactly?

First I'll say that this mod is great, and the reactions from certain NPCs make it all the sweeter, uh... so to speak. :p

But I was sort of disappointed with the fact most of these NPCs were even more willing to throw themselves at the PC than the Bioware rommance NPCs. Some of them were satisfying in difficulty, but for the reward I'd suggest a bit more charm on the PC's part before that stage, y'know.

A bit of restraint for fling crazed friends. ???

Anyway, great work! :)

(Some of them are totally real-life carbon copies, I swear.)

Opinions will probably differ on this; I think motivation here is a combination of a few factors.

The first factor is PC's powerful pull. If you played Xan's bonded path in BG2, you'll have seen the discussion about the influence may Bhaalspawn have on other people, strictly due to their heritage. Even heritage aside, PC is a hero. Aimi and Rebecca, at least, are drawn to it.

The second factor, which features heavily in some encounters, is "thanks, you saved us" factor. Garren, Busya, Ilona - it is present there.

And the most powerful factor is NPC's personality, as the author writes it. Desire may come in different ways, as I see it - say, Gaelan or Lais, who's totally up for a snog, if PC is up to it. Or Teos, who might be a little lonely with these scrolls and bangs, and appreciates a little understanding. Or Laran, who feels certain attraction to PC instantly. Or Saemon, who, perhaps, wants to keep PC in good spirits.

There're others - I'm writing on the fly. That's only how I see it, obviously.

Encounters where you have to work hard for it are not out of the question - if someone writes one and the writing is decent, it's in.

I think there're two approaches. An approach where you have to "work" towards the conclusion, think hard which reply will net you more kindness points, and so on - and an approach where you'll see most of the material on the first try without effort. I appreciate the second one more, but the first one might have its advantages, too.

Opinions will probably differ on this; I think motivation here is a combination of a few factors.

[...]

These work. But only up to a point, because to me they beg the question of where all the situations in which the PC tries and is rejected are. I'm not saying RE should add options to attempt to sleep with absolutely everything--this is only a stage away from Mirrabbo "I need a poo"--but I think that being able to justify it for each character involved is only one side of the scales when we ask why the PC is so universally successful.

Stinger: "If girls never rejected me, I might conclude that I was in a CRPG mod." ???

We've got a list of encounters where you're rejected outright - Haer'Dalis, Ryan, Lord Logan(okay, I won't mention Cambion/Firkraag cameos here), and a few encounters where it's very easy to screw up, but, yes, this list short.

I think there are three ways to lengthen this list and to add to the credibility: the cheap way - race/stat checks, the dubious way - random possibility of scoring(I just know Domi would love this one) and the more expensive way of adding a few more "rejected" encounters - or a whole new "making passes" component.

I'll try to knock something together about the latter - and submissions from RE team and new authors, are, of course, very welcome. ???

With the former two ways(stat/race checks, randomizing), it's up to each author. I am not sure these ways work for me - more of an easy way out, if anything.

Thanks!

Guest Saffa82

Howdi

I've been a long-time lurker on this board, but felt compelled to compliment you on this mod. It's really awesome, as well as original. Hope you keep up the good work and expand it even further.

Ciao

Archived