When Geek Meets Redneck

icelus

I might be in the minority here, but I don't see what's really wrong with that one. I mean, last time I was in New England, walls and platforms on many, many metro stations were covered in graffiti, both in Boston and in New York, and it got worse when I boarded a train to Bronxville.
Wha-a-at... Haven't you been on the trains in Switzerland and Germany, particularly in/out of Zurich and Koln? Train lines are the last great frontier for graffiti. Agreed, though, nowadays in subways the tags don't compare to the good ole days. :sigh:

Pickup trucks are the coolest.

Really, have any of you actually tried them?

Barring the Yodi stylin', get behind the wheel of a Dodge and the melodies of banjos start playin' through the air, a twang comes into your speech, and a Yeee-hah! greets the dawn.

pickups rock. thats my main mode of transport, a pick up truck

Labyrinth was HOT! Jennifer Connelly and David Bowie (in tights!) -- how can you dis that, EirikthePrinceoftheLandofStench?! :)

Labyrinth was awesome, That big red guy looks better than some of the CGI monsters of today's movies.

i liked Yoda better as a puppet, seems kinda annoying to me when the beef up CGI creatures simply because they can.

Labyrinth was HOT! Jennifer Connelly and David Bowie (in tights!)
I find that remark, and the movie itself, rather disturbing. Though the soundtrack actually has a couple decent tracks if you ignore the ones with goblin noises in the background.

Too bad you didn't get a shot of the truck's owner. Maybe it is Yoda. Though how would he reach the pedals... the Force?

I don't understand. What does owning a truck have to do with being a redneck? Especially when this is a new truck. Seeing something like this painted on a vehicle is nothing new.

Somehow I'm totally not surprised.

Dictionary

red·neck (rĕd'nĕk')

n. Offensive Slang.

1 Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.

2 A white person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude.

Science Dictionary

redneck

A slang term, usually for a rural white southerner who is politically conservative, racist, and a religious fundamentalist (see fundamentalism). This term is generally considered offensive. It originated in reference to agricultural workers, alluding to how the back of a person's neck

WordNet

The noun redneck has one meaning:

Meaning #1: a poor white person in the southern US

Synonym: cracker

I'm probably in the minority, but the first time I saw yoda in The Empire Strikes Back, I was disappointed. To me, he's just to cartoonish.
I thought he made his debut in Return of the Jedi? Empire Strikes Back was the last good one.
Yoda - Wikipedia Entry

There was a string of movies in the 80's that mixed puppets and real actors. Remember Labyrinth?
Labyrinth was HOT! Jennifer Connelly and David Bowie (in tights!) -- how can you dis that, EirikthePrinceoftheLandofStench?! :)

Ludo, call the rocks!

Let me clarify: I wasn't knocking Labyrinth, just saying that there were several films that tried it. Labyrinth was one that I remember.
And the car is clean, too.

Ah well, where I come from a clean car indicates an evil water waster. People like myself, with a very dirty car, are now allowed to feel a warm glow for their slovenly ways. :)

It's probably just me but looking at that graphic of Yoda close up, makes him appear like Supergirl and Robin's secret love child.

What does owning a truck have to do with being a redneck?
Well, it seems the gun rack, confederate flag decal and oversized tires are missing, but AFAIK those aren't firm requirements.

Redneck (n.): The glorious absence of sophistication. -Jeff Foxworthy

Archived