Level1NPCs Alpha Testing

cmorgan

Darn it - forgot Win98 still has pre-DOS 8 filenaming conventions, and that was one of the first "bugs" I ever worked on... but I think we had better change it just because Blucher's original uses the same filename (or at least the version i have does - con someone else confirm?)

OK. Well, it probably needs to be a Beta7. I had better repackage it. Darn. OK, ETA is tomorrow evening (about 24 hours form this post, unless RL messes stuff up again).

but I think we had better change it just because Blucher's original uses the same filename (or at least the version i have does - con someone else confirm?)
Well... is that mod still even available anywhere anymore? And if it is, do you really want it to have the same name as a mod which probably doesn't resemble it at all?

Plus Blucher's old homepage, I think, I would have to search a bit, I am afraid. So the safest thing to do is change the directory structure. The name doesn't matter as much, as this is based on the concept of the original mod, with Blucher's blessing (say that a couple of times fast). According to the discussion thread, it looks like Level 1 NPCs won the day (I still liked Nythrun's Character Czar, so I could get an NCC-1701, NCC-1701-A, NCC-1701-D set of releases, but old Star Trek humor is out of place in FR/BG fora).

I have one already sent to various places, and up on my site. I am still checking it against yours, Kulyok/Miloch, to make sure everything is identical aopart form flag file and directory structure (and of course teh expaned readme and g3-ization).

It should be okay to do a find/replace "// ADD_MEMORIZED_SPELL" -> "ADD_MEMORIZED_SPELL" on the .tp2 now.

I just found my BG2 discs, so I should be able to go on an infested-easter-egg hunt soon :(

By the way, there are a few people who'd better be adding thanks to themselves in the readme, or I'm going to kick them. Kick them with love.

It should be okay to do a find/replace "// ADD_MEMORIZED_SPELL" -> "ADD_MEMORIZED_SPELL" on the .tp2 now.
Not a big deal, but if you want to save a few lines of code while you're at it, as of WeiDU 200 or so, A_M_S will also automatically ADD_KNOWN_SPELL.
I just found my BG2 discs, so I should be able to go on an infested-easter-egg hunt soon :(
Yay! ;)

If you're doing an ADD_MEMORIZED_SPELL, you don't need the ADD_KNOWN_SPELL for *that spell* - you'll still want it for the other spells getting "known" but not memorized.

Also (I dunno if this applies here since Level 1 NPCs probably only get 1 or 2 spells) but you can add a parameter after A_M_S for multiple slots of the same, e.g.:

ADD_MEMORIZED_SPELL ~sppr301~ #2 ~priest~ (2)

Edit:

and of course teh expaned readme
Eh. Heh. Mind if I proofread that again quick if you're making other changes (though preferably some other day besides one on which I reduced a laptop to spare parts and rebuilt it with a new video card then had the devil's own time with drivers, or my spelling will be even worse :().

I would consider it an honor (plus it probably is mandatory, judging by the number of incredilby horrible typing moments i have in my posting.)

Stuck with RL stuff for the rest of tonight (had to catch up on two projects promised in GL too) so I am not able to upload tonight. I will tell you what - I will not make a new G3 package yet; instead, I will post up the changes tomorrow for folks to poke at with a stick and see if I have messed anything up. Plus add suggestions for readMe completeness. Watch this thread for a link to the readme and the tp2; I think that is the quickest way to do it.

Nythrun, your sous chefs await.

Okay, I've uncommented the ADD_MEMORIZED_SPELLS - I'd still like to do one more check on Harper's Call before releasing a Version 7 (this had better be the last beta) beta.

Most likely I'll have time today, but not until late. I'll send out a revised copy afterwards to all and sundry (if any changes are necessary).

Thank you again for all your help :(

Hey, then, Nythrun, can you grab the alpha6 package at my site and check the changes I made, please, then send the final stuff to me? I think we can get some action going if I can present a fully ready-to-release package...

Miloch, if you do the same from a readme typo check, i would greatly appreciate it :(

Miloch, if you do the same from a readme typo check, i would greatly appreciate it :(
Eh... looks like you used an old version of the readme for your changes? I'd posted the latest revision here. I guess if you only added a couple sections, it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate the two, but if your changes were more widespread, it might get ugly.

In the Known Issues section, is it just the bogus hdragsil.cre and "unselectable assassins" or were there other unresolved issues in all those posts you combed through? (If anyone is bored or wants to be helpful and double-check for issues, here's the original thread, the discussion thread and then there's this thread.)

Being as how both these issues should be easy to fix, it makes more sense to deal with them in the TP2 rather than the readme. The first one isn't even an issue with this mod, but a conflict between SCS and Quest Pack (though maybe lvl1npcs can just skip the file in question since it's not one it needs to patch).

Archived