Level1NPCs Alpha Testing

cmorgan

Er... uploaded where? Sorry, but I paged back a few and couldn't find it. The link, if there is one, seems to keep getting buried ;).

If you want, I can G3-ify your readme quick and see if Cam can post it here with the link for easier access...

It's at the start of this thread ... at least that's where I downloaded it.

The problem is I can't install it, I get the following

I hit (A)sk about each one ... and get

ERROR: No translation provided for @100002

ERROR: poblem parsing TP file [Lvl1NPCs.TP2]: Not_found

FATAL ERROR: Not_Found.

;)

P.S. Please try and explain any possible answer as if you were talking to a child, I really don't understand most of what you guys discuss in this thread.

In whichever game folder you've intended to try this, you should have a "lvl1npcs" folder, containing a "languages" folder, containing an "english" folder, containing a "setup.tra". If you have a "lvl1npcs" folder inside a "lvl1npcs" folder (or some other arrangement of folders that isn't the expected) the mod isn't going to be able to find its own translations and will stop. Fixing this would just require moving all the internal folders up a level ;)

Guest kimmel

A rather belated post here, but for some reason I couldn't load this page yesterday...

anyway, in case anyone else is curious about this--using the alpha three version, I tested compatibility with Refinements HLAs for a few kitted multiclasses (Fighter/Shapeshifter Jaheira, for instance) and found that the HLAs work spiffily. The only thing to keep in mind is that such combinations won't get HLAs for their kits (eg, Shapeshifter) but their classes (eg, Fighter/Druid).

D'oh! Yep that's sorted

I've just installed it and it was fine apart form a few issues, I'll e-mail you my debug log.

Bards are still a problem for me, Eldoth just doesn't want to become a Dirgesinger it seems, nor is Safana happy to give up her thieving in favour of music.

Oh and the Archer proficiencies are still off, I don't get archer, I don't think I even I got ranger as I couldn't even add to two weapon fighting style and long bow was gone.

Still I'm off to test the changes I did make.

*Edit*

Some issues came across when testing...

* Modded fighters and theives all had really great natural AC (didn't alter any clerics, apart from Tiax who is part thief anyways so notsure about them)

* Modded mages all seemed to spawn with multiple slings and bullets (four or five of each).

Re Refinements: not much I can do about kit HLAs being ignored in favor of class HLAs, sadly, it's the nature of the HLA system.

Re Bards: I'd had no problem turning Eldoth into a Dirgesinger, so debug log will be very helpful, thank you.

Archers and Avengers have internal names in the game that don't match the kits they actually are, so I'll have to double check the kitlist.2da patch and make sure it's not tripping over any other mods. Shouldn't take long ;)

I'm at a loss to explain natural AC differences - the mod doesn't ever change those fields :D

Seems like the wind is blowing in the direction of self-installing .exes - I've never liked these, but I should probably learn how to put one together so people don't suffer directory problems ;)

Multiple slings would be a bug, I'll look into it.

Seems like the wind is blowing in the direction of self-installing .exes - I've never liked these, but I should probably learn how to put one together so people don't suffer directory problems ;)
I don't like them much either, but there are instructions here (you're probably aware of them).
Guest kimmel

About bards: I had the following issue when trying to make Haer'Dalis a scald

(just BG2 and fixpack installed)

Excerpt from my debug file:

1 points remaining

Copying and patching 1 file ...

[lvl1npcs/working/haerdali/HAER19.CRE] loaded, 3224 bytes

[./override/thac0.2da] loaded, 3716 bytes

[./override/thac0.2da] loaded, 3716 bytes

[./override/saverog.2da] loaded, 1744 bytes

Not copying [saverog.2da] to [override/saverog.2da] because it did not change

Not copying [hprog.2da] to [override/hprog.2da] because it did not change

[./override/mxsplbrd.2da] loaded, 1253 bytes

[./override/mxsplbrd.2da] loaded, 1253 bytes

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD5\/DATA/SPELLS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD4\/DATA/SPELLS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD3\/DATA/SPELLS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/SPELLS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD2\/DATA/SPELLS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\CD1\/DATA/SPELLS.BIF]

BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\/DATA/SPELLS.BIF]

[C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\/DATA/SPELLS.BIF] 1166390 bytes, 982 files, 0 tilesets

[./override/spwi418.spl] loaded, 5378 bytes

[./override/spwi418.spl] loaded, 5378 bytes

[./override/spwi303.spl] loaded, 1714 bytes

[./override/spwi303.spl] loaded, 1714 bytes

[./override/spwi313.spl] loaded, 3058 bytes

[./override/spwi313.spl] loaded, 3058 bytes

[./override/spwi201.spl] loaded, 10338 bytes

[./override/spwi201.spl] loaded, 10338 bytes

[./override/spwi112.spl] loaded, 794 bytes

[./override/spwi102.spl] loaded, 394 bytes

[./override/spwi102.spl] loaded, 394 bytes

[./override/npsw06.itm] loaded, 410 bytes

Not copying [npsw06.itm] to [override/npsw06.itm] because it did not change

[./override/npsw05.itm] loaded, 362 bytes

override/npsw05.itm copied to lvl1npcs/backup/1205/npsw05.itm, 362 bytes

Copied [npsw05.itm] to [override/npsw05.itm]

[./override/ANIMATE.IDS] loaded, 8702 bytes

[ANIMATE.IDS] parsed

[./override/xplevel.2da] loaded, 5314 bytes

[./override/xplevel.2da] loaded, 5314 bytes

ERROR: [lvl1npcs/working/haerdali/HAER19.CRE] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Stopping installation because of error.

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Haer'Dalis], rolling back to previous state

[lvl1npcs/backup/1205/UNSETSTR.1205] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Will uninstall 1 files for [LVL1NPCS.TP2] component 1205.

Restoring backed-up [lvl1npcs/backup/1205/npsw05.itm]

lvl1npcs/backup/1205/npsw05.itm copied to override/npsw05.itm, 362 bytes

Uninstalled 1 files for [LVL1NPCS.TP2] component 1205.

BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2 0 0 Installed

And about Refinements: I wasn't complaining, just noting how--and that--the HLAs work.

Guest Guest

Sure - I wasn't sure that the file had attached properly (stupid hotmail).

I'll send it from one of my yahoo accounts.

I can't replicate any issues with Safana or Eldoth at all - this is proving to be a stumper.

I'll send my Weidu aswell then, see if there is anything there that miht give you some hints.

Scanning available NPCs and fixing a few bugs, this may take a moment.

Correcting effect version for Tutu creatures.

Scanning game resources for joinable NPCs.

Copying joinable NPCs.

I know the readme talks about a ponderously slow install, but I don't remember previous versions taking this long. If you're not allowing modding of non-Bioware NPCs (or are you?) then why would you have to scan for joinable NPCs - don't you already know which they'd be? I'm just wondering how to speed this up a bit. Couldn't you just do the NPC modding on-demand? In other words, if I just want to mess with Safana, just do the correcting and copying for her.
Allow cleric/thieves one star in any weapon type a fighter can use?
I suppose there are some folks who would like to do this, but wouldn't it make more sense to allow them one star in any weapon type thieves can use?
Allow thieves, mages and bards to place one star in any weapon type?
I would probably not use this, since I think the default restrictions for these classes are fairly sensible, but some folks might want to choose this separately for each class. But I guess there won't be a really good way to deal with this sort of thing without asking a ton of questions until something like WeiGUI comes along, and you can click on checkboxes for each class as to which weapons you want to allow (for example, I would like to give F/Cs only axes and C/Rs only swords, in addition to what they can use already).
Install component [Add (possibly illegal and naughty) kits to exported characters]?
This seemed to work ok for a fighter/cleric dwarf PC I made into a berserker/cleric (I think). Then I got to a F/M/T character and it gave me a list of all the kits for the three classes, but skipped over them and went to the next character. So I didn't get to choose a kit. When I looked at the CHR file, he had a berserker kit (like the previous character I assigned). I'm pretty sure I didn't type that number twice accidentally, but who knows. So I uninstalled and retested this and got the same thing. I think the '1 for yes' is getting also carried over to 1 = Berserker or something.

I installed Coran and decided to make him a F/T with a kit of assassin. All went well until I was done allocating his thief skills, then I got "ERROR Installing [Coran], rolling back to previous state. ERROR: Not_found." Useful info, eh? The debug log is slightly more verbose, and has "[./override/weapprof.2da] loaded, 70304 bytes. ERROR: [weapprof.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)." But I'm not sure exactly what that means... obviously the table exists. For the record, I put in a few other thief-related components, like disallowing backstab for quarterstaves, etc. So I made him a fighter/cleric with the Lathander kit instead (heh). That seemed to work - noticed though that when I gave him proficiencies of staff, hammer and mace, he ended up with all three weapons in his inventory (staff equipped). For balance purposes, I'd suggest maybe just giving one of each melee and ranged (perhaps just pick the most powerful of each, if that's not too much work). Arguably, those with the two weapon skill should have two of the same weapon, but they can always just buy or find the additional weapon too (maybe 'sword and shield' should give people shields though, if it doesn't already). He still has no memorised spells (I guess we can do that fairly easily now that WeiDU v199 is here).

Made Khalid a wizardslayer and Kivan a bard (blade kit) with no apparent issues. Though after the second retest (for the berserker glitch) it started acting really weird. I said to [Q]uit when it asked me about Coran, and it removed Khalid and asked me which class to give him. Huh? So I made him a fighter/wildmage and it asked me, unprompted, about Kivan's class too. Getting pretty cheesed off at this point, I made him a monk with a katana and single weapon style and got caught in a "You fail at life. Try again." loop. Eventually that shat itself and generated a "Not enough backed up entries in your replies.Stopping installation because of error." which repeated about 20 times and got to a 'Failure("Missing READLN strings")' message. The debug log isn't pretty because of the loop, or that helpful for that matter, but seems to indicate hanging on weapprof.2da or profs.2da again (though it indicates they were not copied because they didn't change).

All this was with the most recent version (I think). Small request - could you put the version number in the first required component (displayable in WeiDU.log) so I know which version I'm messing around with in the future? :)

Archived