Level1NPCs Alpha Testing

cmorgan

Thanks for the backup (and the fanciful analogies :) ).

I'm not having any luck with this one, though.

There were, in any case, a few bugs in last beta that have since been corrected. So if I've not traced the aeteology of this nasty little thing by Sunday, I'll upload what I've got here and stop dragging feet.

Of course, I'd forgotten about setting the joinable NPC's experience to something more closely matching <CHARNAME>'s, heh.

Upon reflection, adding a few hundred states to everyone's joining dialogue is not really the best way to do this, so we'll use the inviso-cre hack. Won't be an exact match, but ought to come close enough.

Guest John

Just d/l beta ver 6. Uninstalled previous version and installed no. 6.

Bug with Imoen. I uninstalled the previous kit I had given Imoen (bounty hunter kit) and then installed and changed Imoen to sorcerer kit. Gave her proficiency in slings and chose Chromatic Orb, Friends and Magic Missile for her spells.

When Imoen joins PC in Irenicus dungeon, she joins with 161,000 IIRC. Checking her stats and spells before leveling, the spell book screen does not display any spells. When I level her up, she gets another proficiency point and then the game provides the spell options. At this point, she gets to choose three level 1 spells, four level 2 spells, three level 3 spells and two level 4 spells.

Odd - I haven't been able to replicate this one yet. I do need to add memorized spells differently in the next version, but following the steps you'd listed resulted in Immy knowing both of the spells I'd picked for her.

I'll check further.

Odd - I haven't been able to replicate this one yet. I do need to add memorized spells differently in the next version, but following the steps you'd listed resulted in Immy knowing both of the spells I'd picked for her.

I'll check further.

I still have the saved game before I used shadowkeep to fix Imoen's spells as well as the WeiDU log if those would help.

Ok, I just did a few tests with RR and lvl1NPCs. I've tried installing the latest beta 6 (the one supplied by Miloch) both before and after Rogue Rebalancing and I didn't notice any issues with turning NPCs into Thieves and Bards.

For testing purposes (and general hilarity ;)) I changed Aerie into a (Lawful Good) Assassin and Anomen into a (Lawful Neutral) Jester. Both changes worked fine, without any issues whatsoever even though these alignments have been prohibited to those kits by RR. Overall, I'm loving the mod and I'm off to another test run with Fighter/Avenger Jaheira, Berserker Minsc, Kensai Yoshimo, Sorceress Aerie and Swashbuckler Nalia. :(

' date='Oct 28 2007, 06:20 AM' post='103480']

Ok, I just did a few tests with RR and lvl1NPCs. I've tried installing the latest beta 6 (the one supplied by Miloch) both before and after Rogue Rebalancing and I didn't notice any issues with turning NPCs into Thieves and Bards.

For testing purposes (and general hilarity ;)) I changed Aerie into a (Lawful Good) Assassin and Anomen into a (Lawful Neutral) Jester. Both changes worked fine, without any issues whatsoever even though these alignments have been prohibited to those kits by RR. Overall, I'm loving the mod and I'm off to another test run with Fighter/Avenger Jaheira, Berserker Minsc, Kensai Yoshimo, Sorceress Aerie and Swashbuckler Nalia. :(

Avenger (and other playtesters) if you get a chance, can you please try uninstalling the mod, then reinstalling it, and seeing if the NPCs now have generic multi-player kick-out dialogs?

I mentioned this before, and no-one seemed to have a similar issue, so I assumed it was just my installation. But I recently did a fresh install with just fixpack, tweaks, and lvl1npc, and the same behavior occurred.

The installation/uninstallation does not have to happen in the middle of a savegame. If I install lvl1npc, uninstall it, reinstall it, and start a new game, Imoen gives the generic leaving dialog if she's kicked out in the dungeon.

(someone please don't forget the poster above me...)

Miloch, I will send you a "new" version in a few minutes: I am back online and can mirror as well. I think we are indeed all working off of the same one.

Changes as above, and they sem to match yours, but please check my work (2 is better than 1, 5 is better than 2, etc, when it comes to proofing and rechecking) I have an unreleased moved the directory naming structure and internal tp2 references to

"level1npcs" instead of "lvl1npcs",

and changing the flag file to the .g3 extension.

Do I need to version up to make sure we don't have strangeness? I will hold off on mirroring for a bit. This one is G3 packaged.

Avenger (and other playtesters) if you get a chance, can you please try uninstalling the mod, then reinstalling it, and seeing if the NPCs now have generic multi-player kick-out dialogs?

Works fine in my game. I just uninstalled lvl1NPCs then kicked out Minsc, Jaheira and Yoshimo and all of them delivered their proper parting lines.

For the record, I currently only have the BG2 fixpack, lvl1NPCs, Galactygon's Spell Pack and Rogue Rebalancing installed for some quick, on-the-fly testing.

"level1npcs" instead of "lvl1npcs"
But... my DOS box only handles 8.3 filenames (eh, nevermind... I guess it can't run BG anyway...).
Do I need to version up to make sure we don't have strangeness? I will hold off on mirroring for a bit. This one is G3 packaged.
Might as well. Beta6 was from May or something anyway... Has this been tested/fixed enough to call it a v1 yet? More so than most commercial software (i.e. MS) I reckon.

You might want to close this thread and start one just for beta testing ("let us not speak of the alpha testing again," as Nythrun's readme says...). If you combed through that monster thread, you might have a better idea of issues still outstanding to fix/investigate - a lot here are probably fixed too.

Archived