Level1NPCs Alpha Testing

cmorgan

Okay, I've hit the self imposed deadline and the limit of my endurance - I can find no AC glitches in this version, so it might as well be the final Beta. Unless there are installation preventing bugs, it will be the last upload before release.

I'll test it some myself after I get some sleep. Thanks for your patience :)

some V5 related comments

A few weird things install...

1. Jan Jansen was apparently detected as part of my Tutu setup (no other Bg2 NPCs wre though)

2. The sultry Safana refused to wield a short bow. I'd just installed RTTKit Pack from SHS and was trying to make her a Treasure Hunter. First I selected dagger then short bow, then it askd me to select the proficincies again. It kept looping so in the end I settled for dagger/dart combo.

*edit*

Hmm RTTKit Pack might be at fault s I'm now getting a constant CDT when entering certain areas.

About RTT kitpack--it was known to have a fair number of bugs, last I checked, and I think al17 even removed the download from the official page, with the as yet unfulfilled promise of a new and improved version. So the issue might be related to the kit?

About RTT kitpack--it was known to have a fair number of bugs, last I checked, and I think al17 even removed the download from the official page, with the as yet unfulfilled promise of a new and improved version. So the issue might be related to the kit?

I shall uninstall it then. To be honest I'm not a regular visitor at SHS and so my knowledge of their mods is very limited. Still if there are so still many bugs I'm wondering why RTT is included in the Tutu compatability.

Looks like I'll just have to wait for the update to Yarpen's Paladins of Faerun kitpack to, hopefully get the all clear.

This looks like a fantastic mod...I only wish I could get it to work. Everything runs smoothly until it comes time to pick weapon proficiencies...and for whatever reason the only entry it lists is "0 0 0 NO_PROFICIENCY."

The debug file doesn't show any obvious error. It appears to load the weapon profs: [./override/weapprof.2da] loaded, 110804 bytes

I am attempting to use this on a BGT install, so I suspect that is the problem. AFAIK, I have not installed any other mod that would change the weapon proficiency table. Still, thought I would post the error anyway and see what could be made of it. Thanks!

BTW - Otherwise, it does appear to allow one to edit NPCs from both BG1 and BG2 side-by-side under a BGT install.

EDIT - Feel free to disregard the above. That particular install had significant instability issues for reasons I am still trying to track down. In any case, a clean install of BGT + BG2 Fixpack + LVL1NPC appears to work just fine. If I determine where the incompatibility came from, I'll let you know.

Nythrun, I noticed 2 things with the newest version I thought I'd bring to your attention. I used your mod to take out all the class-based weapon restrictions, but when I changed (tutu) Jaheira into a standard level one fighter/druid, I was only allowed to select druid weapons. Version 4 didn't have this problem. The other thing I noticed is that if you add a non-fighter or wizard kit to a fighter multi-class the mod limits weapon selection to weapons selected by the kit. If I, say, switch Jaheira to a Fighter/Totemic Druid, I'm not only limited to druid weapons, but also to just taking one pip in each one.

Thanks, all. I'm still reading, just busy :)

Anything that this mod doesn't play nicely with, yes, please let me know. Worst case scenario is adding a warning in the readme, best case scenario is that it ends up better coded.

Nothing changed with the restriction removal in between the last version and this one, so it figures that would stop working, hee. I'll look into it.

Heya. I think I found a compatibility issue for you to either address or just warn other users about. I have the improved dual classing options (or whatever it's called) component of BG2 tweaks installed, and when I kit an NPC over to Barbarian, there are 3 Barbarian kit options to choose from. The first one listed (in slot 4 for a single class fighter) is the correct one, but it refuses to install that particular kit. The other two flags, however, but have no functionality other than changing the kit description and class title from what I can tell.

Thanks for the report.

BGT? if so, I might have misread the file names for the lowest-level version of some joinables (which would cause both the problems you're mentioning). If it's Tutu then I messed up something else :)

I'll definately look into it though.

After installing a select few NPC components, I decided to make an elven archer. Problem was, all the alignment choices were greyed out. The only difference in this installation from my others was this mod, and uninstalling it fixed the problem.

For the record, the Kivan component WAS installed (seeing as how I made him an elven archer I think that MIGHT be relevant).

Guest Guest
Thanks for the report.

BGT? if so, I might have misread the file names for the lowest-level version of some joinables (which would cause both the problems you're mentioning). If it's Tutu then I messed up something else :)

I'll definately look into it though.

Yeah I'm using BGT, and thanks :)

Great mod otherwise though, it was needed imo

Archived