Strange Question

It would be funny if you had to get those scrolls from the new "Temple of Sune" area. "I'll take these three stacks of bullets...two scrolls of cure serious wounds...scroll of raise dead...potion of insight...and five of these scrolls here please and a sling +1 thankyouverymuchgoodbye!"

Or add them to Mira's special stock... after all, if you've got Romantic Encounters installed, she's already got some "spring tonic" that bestows a constitution of 18. Now that I think about it, she also claims that the tonic is supposed to enable the amorous adventurer to sow his or her wild oats while ensuring a crop failure. So I guess it's covered.

Berelinde's right - there's a root, it's called nararoot and is mentioned in FR Campaign Setting, for instance.

BTW, Ed Greenwood's answers, though considered canon, contain quite a number of things many people don't feel comfortable with (I don't :) ) I wouldn't go into details, if anybody's interested I'm sure they'd find all the info :)

So does that mean Faerunian courts also have to deal with the "I didn't get that wench with child...that was my Simulacrum!" type issues?

Simulacrum's an 8th level spell, IIRC ;) Mages of such power are not so common, even in magic-high Faerun, and most of them, if not all, are responsible enough not to use magic for such cases.

Urgh. I think there's a reason why NPCs in Baldur's Gate II don't discuss their times of the month, the location of the nearest toilet, or whose turn it is to buy condoms. Call me fastidious.

Seconded.

Yes, Ed Greenwood's answers are often very surprising.

I remember him saying that many people in Faerun don't see incest as taboo. :)

Even without a Christian type religion, I'm sure that people in Faerun would maybe be just a little squicked out by incest.

I can understand the acceptance of homosexuality in Faerun, as without the Abrahamic religions, there's no reason it wouldn't be, but incest?

And has anyone here encountered Ed's friend the Lady Hooded One?

She's....um, special?

Guest temujin
i heard somewhere that in ancient Egypt they used papyrus... but like Kulyok, i'd rather not think about it. :)

The reason I ask is because, for an adventurer, a used tampon can be a lethal weapon. Think about it. What would the reaction be if you fling a few bloody soaking stinky ones across an enemy mage who is in the midst of spell casting? :););):D

:D

ok, ok. i'll stop. :(

Yes, Ed Greenwood's answers are often very surprising.

I remember him saying that many people in Faerun don't see incest as taboo. :)

Not sure on the context there, but perhaps he was speaking of the Old Empires. It "works" in the right cultural setting and circumstances. Then again, you never know with Ed.

So does that mean Faerunian courts also have to deal with the "I didn't get that wench with child...that was my Simulacrum!" type issues?

Simulacrum's an 8th level spell, IIRC :) Mages of such power are not so common, even in magic-high Faerun, and most of them, if not all, are responsible enough not to use magic for such cases.

edwin2.PNG

Archived