Female Gamers

Domi

I couldn't stand three bitches too. Also, I found having motherly feelings for a romance character a bit too disturbing.

I mean he was arrogant, but he wasn't really noble, he was more like a pathetic puppy ;) .

I was just kind of mad with Jaheira about Khalid, and how she thought it was her place to rearrange my party. >:) I didn't really foster motherly feelings for Anomen, but now that you mention that puppy analogy...

(I teared up when he mentioned the whole "hiding in the pantry" thing so take it as you will.)

Why not?

Agree!

Sadly, it appears that there still is the belief in the gaming industry that this is what appeals to female gamers....

*sigh*

Ew

I suspect that particular game/series is ported from Japan where I'm told there is a substantial audience for that kind of thing. Why Nintendo think it'll do well outside Japan, I've no idea, maybe they're hoping the overly-protective/stereotyped parent market will do the job.

Are there any screenshots?

There's a new TBH interview on GameBanshee which has some new screenshots which feature both male and female sprites. (and one old favorite, I guess.)

Nice! I like the tight shirt and pants one of the ladies is wearing and I quite like the sandles. Hmmm...all black would be nice though. :) I'm also pleased that dark hair actually looks dark and not weird like in BG. Unfair! I want this game already.

More info on the game series from Ubisoft

Girls can cook, sew, and care for babies

*sigh*(And here I thought Ubisoft hadn't been fully bought by EA yet.)

I'd actually be pretty impressed if you could play Splinter Cell's Sam Fisher in this series of games.

But where is the pulling off of doll's heads and rearranging them game? I would have loved that when I was a girl. (Or alternative uses for knitting needles when training to be an Assassin.)

Always pays to have a concealable and totally innocent appearing weapon on you...

Ubisoft is a game developer/publisher based out of France. This is straight from them and not a publishing deal of a Japanese game.

Wow, I saw an ad for these the other night and thought "Yep, that's so Anime-with-a-Western-skin it's not funny". I stand educated, corrected and slightly bemused.

Very occasionally there are dialogue options which pivot on the Judgment attribute (the primary attribute tied to mental tasks.) More frequently our skill-dependent dialogues rely on the Diplomacy, Manipulation, and Haggling social skills.

We expressly do not have "low-int" dialogues.

(on-topic: you may scoff at that girly DS game, but something tells me they'll sell more copies to 12-17 year old girls than TBH will!)

(on-topic: you may scoff at that girly DS game, but something tells me they'll sell more copies to 12-17 year old girls than TBH will!)

I protest on the ground of being a 12-17 year old girl myself ten years ago! Hey, it's practically a hanging offence! :)

Seriously, Ubisoft already destroyed Myst series. *This* was the last straw.

There will be one when Bethesda acquires the licence.

Very occasionally there are dialogue options which pivot on the Judgment attribute (the primary attribute tied to mental tasks.) More frequently our skill-dependent dialogues rely on the Diplomacy, Manipulation, and Haggling social skills.

It's good to hear.

Also, are there any really intelligent responses in TBH? When I played BG2, I had a distinct impression that <CHARNAME> has always 8 in intelligence, wisdom and charisma.

We expressly do not have "low-int" dialogues.

So, playing a min-maxed moron won't cause any troubles just like in BG?

Yeah, it was a 'simple territorial point and click' game. Loads of enjoyment in that one, sure thing. Not to mention the size of their statistical sample is OMG, 11 people(!) plus there is no information on how the test subjects were chosen.

Archived