Split from "RE for BG1"

berelinde

Yeah, but *you* can just put down "Everything" with a link to WeiDU, and you've got it covered!

Seriously, though, you should make a post somewhere with links to all your mods, and then put a link to that in your sig, so that when somebody wants to play a "bigg" mod, it's easier to figure out which those would be.

On one hand, I'd like to be also remembered for Refinements, Widescreen and maybe TB#Tweaks, not just WeiDU. On the other hand, not being associated with TBQ, MTP, STH, RA or STO (or mods I'd rather didn't exist that run BiggDU) might be worth the lack of pagerank.

(I just get it out of the way once and for all and put them in my sig :thumbsup: ... at least until I run out of room.)

I know we should be thankful you're not attaching a banner here at G3, for one: it's an awfully blinking-and-distracting experience. And, yes, the more people have the mods I've contributed to in their signatures, the better, even if some of them have written nothing or nearly nothing for them, like you and BG1 NPC, for one. ;)

EDIT: It *is* my megalomania again, but I have a feeling the _spreading_ of long vertical modlists in signatures started with me. Then it was jastey, theacefes, rabain, Sikret, berelinde - and I realized I had to change the format yet again. Sigh. I'll keep a lookout for new options.

(I just get it out of the way once and for all and put them in my sig :thumbsup: ... at least until I run out of room.)

I know we should be thankful you're not attaching a banner here at G3, for one: it's an awfully blinking-and-distracting experience. And, yes, the more people have the mods I've contributed to in their signatures, the better, if even if some of them have written nothing or nearly nothing for them, like you and BG1 NPC, for one. ;)

EDIT: It *is* my megalomania again, but I have a feeling the _spreading_ of long vertical modlist started with me. Then it was jastey, theacefes, rabain, Sikret, berelinde - and I realized I had to change the format yet again. Sigh. I'll keep a lookout for new options.

Seb was waaay ahead of you, slowpoke.

the bigg, don't worry - no need for sigs with advertisements is ever needed for you. It might be fun, but you are in good company. Icelus, DavidW, devSin, Nythrun, etc., etc., don't mention their many and varied contributions in their sigs. Besides, if you started posting every mod you have helped with/troubleshot/made possible, you would have to link most of the PPG modlist. (Plus, all us uuber-cool wannabees that are emulating you by not putting lists of stuff would have noone to follow :thumbsup:)

OOOh - forgot - actually on-topic, "No for my stuff, unless someone else does it. No BG vanilla for this boy, probably ever - I shall leave the frustration to M'Lady Jastey, Kind Goddess of BG Content And Multi-Platform Storyline Access".

EDIT: It *is* my megalomania again, but I have a feeling the _spreading_ of long vertical modlists in signatures started with me. Then it was jastey, theacefes, rabain, Sikret, berelinde - and I realized I had to change the format yet again. Sigh. I'll keep a lookout for new options.

Acknowledging the problem doesn't justify it. :thumbsup:

By all means feel free to add to your sig that you were the first to release a mod that had no existing pre-release forum, and that you were the first to start the trend of long signature modlists.

I'm quite sure I'm not the first not to give a flying fuck. ;)

And, yes, the more people have the mods I've contributed to in their signatures, the better, even if some of them have written nothing or nearly nothing for them, like you and BG1 NPC, for one. :thumbsup:
I must have misread that, if not, an apology might be appropriate. A mod not only lives from what people write, but also the codework is, somewhat, necessary, and sometimes it takes more time for the code to work than it took to write the content, like it is in this case. I seam to be the only one that is more than grateful to berelinde (and cmorgan and all others) to take over the codework the original writers were not disposed to do.

You made your opinion concerning berelinde's contribution load to BG1NPC and your disguise of "non-writers" in general clear on several occasions, and albeit I still lack to understand it, I do not need to read more of it.

If you are not misreading, and that's indeed Kulyok's opinion, she is very alone in feeling that way. The less we resemble a snake pit of friends where everyone tries to take a pot-shot at everyone else, the more time we all will have for creating cool stuff and having fun.

If you are not misreading, and that's indeed Kulyok's opinion, she is very alone in feeling that way. The less we resemble a snake pit of friends where everyone tries to take a pot-shot at everyone else, the more time we all will have for creating cool stuff and having fun.

Fun trivia: when we were deciding on the name for G3, 'Snake Pit of Fiends' was the second choice.

(OK, not really. But SPoF does have a nice ring to it.)

:thumbsup:G3 is easier to spell. Besides, somebody with a sticky keyboard could have a lot of fun with SPoF.

SPOOF, or something an unworthy non-English can't understand?

On unrelated news, congratulations on being a Global Moderator at the ShS ;)

Archived