Feedback

Mike1072

Imo the protection from evil effect from Staff of the Magi, Radiant Plate and Sensate Amulet (not covered by IR) shouldn't stack with one another, or with that lvl 1 spell. How do you think Demi?

One more thing: it would be cool if items granting spell-like buffs (Staff of the Magi, Helm of Balduran, Armor of Faith, etc.) also add appropriate icons to wearer's portrait :)

One more thing: it would be cool if items granting spell-like buffs (Staff of the Magi, Helm of Balduran, Armor of Faith, etc.) also add appropriate icons to wearer's portrait ???

Isn't that vanilla behaviour, altered by the BG2 Tweak Pack component Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items?

This component will prevent items from displaying the small icons (fire resistance, protection from charm) that appear on the character portrait while equipped. This will not affect the actual effects of the items, only the display of the icon. It will also not affect icons added by spells or other means.

Imo the protection from evil effect from Staff of the Magi, Radiant Plate and Sensate Amulet (not covered by IR) shouldn't stack with one another, or with that lvl 1 spell. How do you think Demi?
Well, if the effect is exactly the same I may consider to implement your suggestion, but most of the times the item's effects are not a carbon coby of the original spell (e.g. Radiant Plate grants +2 AC/saves vs evil creatures, but doesn't grant "immunity" to gated demons).

One more thing: it would be cool if items granting spell-like buffs (Staff of the Magi, Helm of Balduran, Armor of Faith, etc.) also add appropriate icons to wearer's portrait ???
Isn't that vanilla behaviour, altered by the BG2 Tweak Pack component Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items?
Yep, IR has such behaviour as default for various reasons:

- too much unique effects are added by IR and I don't like having most items with no icons, some with only partially indicative icons, and very few with correct icons

- "confusing factor I" (e.g. if you have a Ring of Fire Resistance its icon would prevent you from quickly notice if a spell such as Protection from Fire is affecting your character or not

- "confusing factor II" (with IR you'd have your character's portrait completely filled with icons!)

- bla bla bla :p

Well, if the effect is exactly the same I may consider to implement your suggestion, but most of the times the item's effects are not a carbon coby of the original spell (e.g. Radiant Plate grants +2 AC/saves vs evil creatures, but doesn't grant "immunity" to gated demons).

Yep, IR has such behaviour as default for various reasons:

- too much unique effects are added by IR and I don't like having most items with no icons, some with only partially indicative icons, and very few with correct icons

- "confusing factor I" (e.g. if you have a Ring of Fire Resistance its icon would prevent you from quickly notice if a spell such as Protection from Fire is affecting your character or not

- "confusing factor II" (with IR you'd have your character's portrait completely filled with icons!)

- bla bla bla :p

Got it :D

PS: the hotfix in the pinned thread is not downloadable, had anyone who got the same problem?

PS: the hotfix in the pinned thread is not downloadable, had anyone who got the same problem?

As a result of the forum move, attachments currently aren't working. We're working to resolve this. ??? In the mean time, you can get the hotfixes for IRv2 here.

can u still dual wield Crom Faeyr +5 since its now a ranged weapon????

Yes, you can. It's not exclusively a ranged weapon, you have the option of using it in melee or throwing it. To dual wield it, you may need to switch to the melee-only mode using its activated ability. (To do this, click on the backpack icon and select the hammer, similar to the way these pictures show).

Greetings !

Many thanx for the fine mod !! It was great in BG Tutu.

Do you plan to have a German version, too,

would like to use it with BG2, and SCS 2...

Byte!

Do you plan to have a German version, too,

would like to use it with BG2, and SCS 2...

All translations are welcome.

There are many item descriptions that need to be translated, which is probably why no translations have been completed yet, but I think there are some in progress. Aside from translating the item descriptions, translators will also need to help with adding support for their languages to the mod components that make small changes to existing descriptions. That part will be very similar to the translating that was done for the description patches added in BG2 Tweaks v8, and I will be available to provide similar assistance.

Translating such a mod isn't so easy. When I was something around 60% of translating V1 you've published v2 which brought a lot of revolution to descriptions (especially of weapons with additional damage) and file is still on my pc untouched after this incident. I've got translation of both revisions in plans because these are one of best quality mods - still, don't have so much time.

Archived