IR V3 - List of changes from V2 to V3

Demivrgvs

Girdles of Giant Strength

Item Index thread mentioned minor cold/fire resistance as a possible addition.

Girdle of Trollish Fortitude

As usual, I'm quite against blocking exploits if they don't happen on their own but only with player's consent.

Regeneration, maybe not? There's a plenty of other sources of it.

CON bonus vs HP bonus, the latter makes the belt useful for every character, not just fighters. Viconia, Aerie, etc. all could make use of extra bit of health.

Belt of Inertial BarrierI'd leave it 20%, or even back to 25%. Missile damage is much less a danger than melee, so if by chance it hits the 100% edge then all the more fun. And when it can finally reach 100%, aka in ToB, hardly anyone ever shoots at party, they all go melee. Well, save Illasera. But still it's only one char.

Girdles of Giant Strength

Item Index thread mentioned minor cold/fire resistance as a possible addition.
Yep, but:

- Hill Giant Girdle would have nothing

- Stone Giant Girdle would have nothing (and I'd avoid physical resistance)

- Frost Giant Girdle is used to forge Crom Fayer, which has and shouldn't have cold-based effects

If I had to change them I'd do something a little more "drastical". For example:

- Hill Giant Girdle --> Belt of Priestly Might, +2 STR +1 AC (I'd already have its new lore)

- Stone Giant Girdle --> Belt of Giant Strength, +3 STR (unchanged)

- Frost Giant Girdle --> "name_here", +3 STR (or slightly changed with something that could be tied to Crom Faeyr)

- Fire Giant Girdle --> "Belt of the Champion", +4 STR (or slightly changed with something barbarian/berserker related if possible)

- As usual, I'm quite against blocking exploits if they don't happen on their own but only with player's consent.

- Regeneration, maybe not? There's a plenty of other sources of it.

- CON bonus vs HP bonus, the latter makes the belt useful for every character, not just fighters. Viconia, Aerie, etc. all could make use of extra bit of health.

- I partially agree.

- yep, I'd prefer to not spam regeneration effects everywhere.

- indeed +20 hit points would be far better than +2 CON in terms of gameplay. Unfortunately 2nd edition CON table sucks (for a A LOT of reasons) and the "infinite healing" issue is there even if we pretend it's not.

The only reason I've used 'CON' instead of '+hp' is the "uniquess" factor...should I drop it in favor of gameplay?

Belt of Inertial Barrier

I'd leave it 20%, or even back to 25%. Missile damage is much less a danger than melee, so if by chance it hits the 100% edge then all the more fun. And when it can finally reach 100%, aka in ToB, hardly anyone ever shoots at party, they all go melee. Well, save Illasera. But still it's only one char.
My problem isn't the 100% res, but a higher value...anyway fine with me leaving it as it is. Perhaps I worry too much. :)
Amulet of Seldarine

I've replaced '+1 to saves' with 'Protection from Evil'. I'd like to improve it a little more but I currently don't know how...

What about +25 to lore? or

cure disease/poison once per day? or

some slow effect upon undeads? or

+2 AC against undead?

Cheers

- Frost Giant Girdle --> "name_here", +3 STR (or slightly changed with something that could be tied to Crom Faeyr)
Girdle of Lightning/Thunder Giant Strength. With + lighting damage. Done. :)

Still even if you're joking ie either a bit of lightning damage when hit or call lightning on attacker. Perhaps a bit too much :D

CON bonus seems sensible enough, the drawbacks are IMO lesser than the 'healing issue'.
I'm not sure I get what you're saying...both drawbacks and the 'healing issue' are caused by CON bonus.

Staff of Arundel

I couldn't see (i tried a search) any changes to this. Do you intend to let it be? As far as I remember it got some bonus spells (level 5+6) and some resistance - fire?
This staff is "disabled" within IR and I currently have no plan to re-implement it.

Regarding the 'spell slot bonus' opcode, it really shouldn't be used for weapons imo, because switching the weapon even for a single instant causes memorized spells to be canceled. For this reason I've replaced Dak'kon's 'bonus spell slots' with a chance of regaining an already cast spell when the blade hit an arcane spellcaster.

If you have any suggestion or you'd like to point out to me an item which really needs to be changed this is almost the last call for v3, go on. :)

CON bonus seems sensible enough, the drawbacks are IMO lesser than the 'healing issue'.
I'm not sure I get what you're saying...both drawbacks and the 'healing issue' are caused by CON bonus.

That's what I meant :) A CON bonus will be just fine.

Staff of Arundel
I couldn't see (i tried a search) any changes to this. Do you intend to let it be? As far as I remember it got some bonus spells (level 5+6) and some resistance - fire?
This staff is "disabled" within IR and I currently have no plan to re-implement it.

Regarding the 'spell slot bonus' opcode, it really shouldn't be used for weapons imo, because switching the weapon even for a single instant causes memorized spells to be canceled. For this reason I've replaced Dak'kon's 'bonus spell slots' with a chance of regaining an already cast spell when the blade hit an arcane spellcaster.

Ah okay. I was planning ahead a run with IR3 and thought of giving this staff to Jaheira. I'll stick to club/scimitars then :)

If you have any suggestion or you'd like to point out to me an item which really needs to be changed this is almost the last call for v3, go on. ;)

No, no, no I'll not delay you any further :D

Girdle of Lightning/Thunder Giant Strength. With + lighting damage. Done. :)
Still even if you're joking ie either a bit of lightning damage when hit or call lightning on attacker. Perhaps a bit too much :D
Well, a (100-x)% Retribution against hitter with lightning damage sounds nice, how much I'll leave to Demi. Although the Crom Faeyr would need the same with 100% as on hit(against enemy) bonus ability.

I am not suggesting this for v3, just making general observation. :)

If you have any suggestion or you'd like to point out to me an item which really needs to be changed this is almost the last call for v3, go on. :)

Can you do something about the evident misalignment of the helmets in some paperdolls?

This makes a bad result on my Half-Elf F/M/C.

I don't know if other races/classes might have the same issues.

Can you do something about the evident misalignment of the helmets in some paperdolls?

Can you give some examples? Because I remember something like this, but if I'm not wrong it was caused by some 1PP bams I purposedly not used within IR, and it may be caused by 1PP if you have installed it over IR.

Can you give some examples? Because I remember something like this, but if I'm not wrong it was caused by some 1PP bams I purposedly not used within IR, and it may be caused by 1PP if you have installed it over IR.

I am really sorry that I can't come up with a screenshot but I stopped playing quite some time ago and I no longer have the necessary installation but yes, I have installed some 1PP components after IR.

Still this issue appears even if I followed the indications about what components of 1PP could be safely installed after IR, mantaining full compatibility.

If you are updating version 3.0 of IR with new 1PP material, I'd consider double-checking it. To see if there might be misalignments you can easily create a half-elf multiclass like mine and see if the problem arises.

Thanks for your reply anyway, Demi!

I have installed some 1PP components after IR.

Still this issue appears even if I followed the indications about what components of 1PP could be safely installed after IR, mantaining full compatibility.

I've just tried 10 different helmets on a half-elf fighter, and they were all fine. As I thought I'm pretty sure the issue is caused by 1PP's helmet animations that weren't included within IR (perhaps for this very reason). I'll see if I can track down the issue and if the readme needs some correction.

Archived