O followers of folly

Nythrun

Nice to see you though. How does it feel to be an éminence grise?
It's great!

For like the three people who actually know who the hell I am.

The rest of the time, it just feels like I'm some sort of creepy stalker "Why do even hang around here, you don't even do anything?"

Ya know. Same old, same old.

Nythrun, welcome, welcome, welcome back!!!

The rest of the time, it just feels like I'm some sort of creepy stalker "Why do even hang around here, you don't even do anything?"
Well, that's kinda the exact impression I got from you, yes. It's probably cause I have not seen a thing you have done, though I have my suspicions that yes, you did kinda lot... perhaps for a non-PC OS part or the like, more than I would like to know. :)

Still haven't got any saner... :)

An always welcome Divine Presence (figuratively, not literally, and I mean Nythrun, not DevSin :) ) Happy New Year, Nythrun, and I hope 2010 is way cooler than 2009 for everyone.

(Jarno, be careful poking Elder Gods - when they wake up, they get kinda grumpy - check some readmes!)

Yes, sweet nectar of the Gods!

It didn't seem right that I was feeling a little better about myself going into the New Year, and now these jewels have sprinkled down from the Heavens to entice away that last little bit of self esteem.

Joy! Happiness! Splendor!

Oh, well. It's still always nice to see berelinde and cmorgan. :-)

Somehow I still did not die this year. What did you not do? Let's break resolutions, in advance, together!
Let's make resolutions for living and say next year that we've kept them. I think that's what I most want to see from you.

Best, all.

Okay guys, you've made me curious - what's so special about Dev? Aside of him being some sort of creepy stalker "Why do even hang around here, you don't even do anything?"

Well, for starters, he's one of the few people outside of Bioware who knows the Infinity Engine inside out. I bet he has each and every one of the engine's quirks documented somewhere, so if you ever wonder why something you coded up perfectly doesn't work as it should, he probably knows the answer. At least that's been my experience.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! Good to see the some of the old guard back in the fray. :)

Okay guys, you've made me curious - what's so special about Dev?

a lot of people don't know this, but I believe the time has come for the public to know who Dev really is.

devSin is, my dear gibberlings,

...The One.

The Founder.

The Grand Father of Modding.

In addition, he is the helical gear that operates at the core tirelessly just so we could all congregate and live in harmony. Some say he is an alias of Cam, occasionally delving into this alternate personality for his own bemusement, which wouldn't surpise me. While others insist he was a former Bioware employee who was fired on the spot when he was caught making an indecent proposal with the company CEO's wife. (don't let the calm, emotionless demeanor from the tone of his posts fool you, gents...) :)

My theory is he is a part-time undercover FBI agent digging through the infinity engine to find encrypted messages to combat cyber terrorism.

Regardless, he is the reason this community exists. Hell, he could very well be the reason we exist.

He is the ocean of wisdom. Excluding Taimon, he has no equal. :)

That's whats special about Dev!

It's true, Gabby, it's all true. Maybe I should elaborate...

Let me ask you a couple of questions and refresh your memory...

Do you remember the time when you were a little girl back in elementary school, you were sad because someone stole your lunch, and you were alone and hungry, when suddenly a helping hand reached out and gave you his lunch?

Do you know who that little boy was?

That's right!! It was devSin!

Do you remember the time when you were in your second trimester of pregnancy, you got on to an extremely crowded bus one day, and the first thing that happened was a gentleman who gave you his seat, because you looked like you were feeling tired and dizzy?

Do you know who that charming gentleman was?

That's right!! It was our very own devSin!

Do you remember the time when you were pregnant for the second time, and your water broke and you were helpless 'cause you knew there was no time to get to the hospital, when suddenly a mysterious stranger appeared out of nowhere and delivered your baby?

Do you know who that kind soul was?

That's right, Gabby! You got it! It was none other than devSin! Who else would've been there for you?

He is special, he is non-intrusive, he works behind the scenes, he is all around us, ever-watching, and he'll always be there for a distressed soul.

He is an entity.

He is.... devSin.

Archived