I 'stalled the game!

Domi

Announced my 3 y.o. daughter proudly yesterday after I gave up and tried playing a game with her. See, she bugged me so much about wanting to play Torment... It's surreal, she picks it out of the stash of the games and tells: "Mommy can we play this game? It's my *favorite*." Apparently not everyone thinks that the cover art on Torment is garish. It started when I was working on a bug report, and had to load that cutscene in NWN2. Yeah, the one at the Walls (thanks Obsidian for keeping it PG13!) The baby told me: Again!!!" and keeps asking to play. So, she is happy with the wall of text. Now, yeah, she's twisting my arm, right?! So, I decided to install KOTOR II that I haven't had the chance to play yet and treat it as her TV time. The game looks very much like Start Wars cartoons she adors, and I will turn the violence setting to min plus play the good girl. She helped me with installation, mostly by jumping up and down on my lap & asking if we could play it yet, and had no problem following the robots in the prologue. So, I hope to start with maybe 1 hour session with her tomorrow night or something and do it for a couple of nights a week. Could it be that I might have a bit of gaming? Right after playing with Barbie and Belle and the ponies... :suspect:

I was worried about her age, but I think as long as it's counted as the TV watching it should be Okay, and might even get her more interested in reading because of all the dialogue. And she will be seeing new things as opposite to re-watching favorite cartoon over and over. I hope KOTOR II is close enough to KOTOR I in terms of themes and violence.

I found KOTOR II to be a tiny bit darker but overall I think it should be the same.

I still remember being 12/13 years old and watching my dad play Baldur's Gate on his fancy new computer for *hours*. You can probably imagine how excited I was when I got my own copy.

That is so cool. She has incredible taste. Keep her interest up!

I still remember being 12/13 years old and watching my dad play Baldur's Gate on his fancy new computer for *hours*. You can probably imagine how excited I was when I got my own copy.

I got it when I was 12 and got my dad addicted. He could never handle SoA though, too much tiny writing.

Congratulations on deluding yourself and your audience into thinking that they like it when you play the game. The world should be like like this everyday.

He could never handle SoA though, too much tiny writing.
A small hint; Today, nobody actually reads what the dialog box says, as they already know what's there.

JJ, but still, not so much...

@Domi: so watch out that it doesn't come and bite you in the undoubtedly well formed body part...

I found KOTOR II to be a tiny bit darker but overall I think it should be the same.

I feel old. :suspect:

He could never handle SoA though, too much tiny writing.
A small hint; Today, nobody actually reads what the dialog box says, as they already know what's there.

JJ, but still, not so much... so watch out that it doesn't come and bite you in the undoubtedly well formed body part...

Holy Hell, I don't understand what you're saying, but that's not stopping me from hoping it wasn't directed at me.

Holy Hell, I don't understand what you're saying, but that's not stopping me from hoping it wasn't directed at me.
Erhm, the last part... no, it wasn't pointed directly to you. But you should still watch out, for the little biters. :laugh:

That's why there is the brake in the lines.

I feel old. :suspect:
Don't, we all are...
And she will be seeing new things as opposite to re-watching favorite cartoon over and over.
Heh, now she just gets to watch her mommy die in the same fight over and over. ;-)

I wonder how long it will take her to move from fascination to judgment... :-)

I was worried about her age, but I think as long as it's counted as the TV watching it should be Okay, and might even get her more interested in reading because of all the dialogue.
I thought 3 year olds can't read, let alone comprehend it?..

Heh, now she just gets to watch her mommy die in the same fight over and over. ;-)
How'd that be possible? Game's beyond easy.

Yes, we do know you speak for yourself only :suspect:
I thought 3 year olds can't read, let alone comprehend it?..

I was able to read simple words and do basic arithmetic when I was three and half - though that is most likely nowhere near healthy.

My sister hit me in the head with the Duck Hunt gun when I was five. Yep, the big orange one.

Well, she is a little older than 3, about 3 years 4 months now. We are starting her on letter recognition at the moment and the concept of reading. Kids generally start reading simple words about 4. She can follow simpler fairy tales (i.e. Little Red Riding Hood she can understand what's up, but she gets bored by Rike with a Lock of Hair because she doesn't get the relatively complex concept behind Rike's tale), I think it's pretty normal at her age. Uhm, that's probably as much as you ever wanted to know about 3 y.o's....

Aww, no gaming yesterday, the nugget felt under the weather and wanted Snow White, bed and books.

Archived