Hotfixes for IR v3 Beta (September 12th 2013) - OUTDATED

Demivrgvs

staff of the woodlands : When equipped, team members are charmed. (a charm animation is displayed on every characters every round witch is quite boring)

Confirmed. Needs to use a non-party projectile.

Maybe the while equiped barksin animation should be removed also ;)

I don't understand what it could possibly be. SCS2 doesn't appear to be the cause, it's macros are clean.

I do now. A correct bundle of +2 arrows does get added to that store, but prior to that a single arrow is also patched in, and WeiDU refuses to ADD_STORE_ITEM the same resource twice. My fault - I've been copypasting blocks of code in the first item distribution round, and this must have slipped in unnoticed.

1 bug that I've noticed in my game:

the spell trap ability from the staff of the magi crashes the game. It says: an assertion failed in CGameAIBaseActions.cpp at line number 5770

its possible that this is not caused by IR since i do have other mods installed, but this seems like the most likely culprit.

1 bug that I've noticed in my game:

the spell trap ability from the staff of the magi crashes the game. It says: an assertion failed in CGameAIBaseActions.cpp at line number 5770

its possible that this is not caused by IR since i do have other mods installed, but this seems like the most likely culprit.

I'm not at home, but I'll look into it as soon as I get back.
staff of the woodlands : When equipped, team members are charmed. (a charm animation is displayed on every characters every round witch is quite boring)

Confirmed. Needs to use a non-party projectile.

Maybe the while equiped barksin animation should be removed also ;)
Sorry guys for taking so long. I've just updated the hotfixes.

If you are not willing to do a re-install right now keep in mind that:

- To fix Staff of the Woodland's charm animal effect you can put the dvempaty.spl file into your override without re-installing.

- To remove Staff of the Woodland's barkskin color while equipped you need to re-install the hotfixes to avoid screwing the string references.

- To fix Staff of the Magi's Spell Trap it should be enough to just put the staff11b.spl file into your override without re-installing.

IR's Rings of Elemental Control currently summon the wizard version of the respective lesser elementals. This can cause some issues as those creatures are scripted to enter mental combat after being summoned. In consequence, they will attempt to carry out the relevant scripts for three rounds and can even turn hostile if the mental combat was unsuccessful.

This is why the staff of Air/Earth/Fire had a special version of summoned lesser elementals in the unmodded game, and you probably want to use those CRE files in IR. I currently fix this locally in aTweaks as it would cause even more issues with my new elemental scripts:

ACTION_IF MOD_IS_INSTALLED ITEM_REV.TP2 0 THEN BEGIN                               // Item Revisions mod check
//==================================================================================
// Lesser Elementals summoned from items shold not use CREs from the wizard spells because of mental combat issues

ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY ir_rings BEGIN                                     // Make IR's rings summon the proper elemental versions to avoid mental combat
//   rr#var0     rr#var1       rr#file
//   resref1     resref2       file
    SUMELFIR,   RR#CFIRE  =>  ring27                                              // Conjure Lesser Fire Elemental
    SUMELAIR,   SPPORTAL  =>  ring28                                              // Conjure Lesser Air Elemental
    SUMELEAR,   RR#CEART  =>  ring29                                              // Conjure Lesser Earth Elemental
END                                                                                // ends ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY
ACTION_PHP_EACH ir_rings AS rr#var => rr#file BEGIN
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%rr#file%.eff~ BEGIN                                // if the designated file with a EFF extension exists
COPY_EXISTING ~%rr#file%.eff~  ~override~
 WRITE_ASCIIE 0x30 "%rr#var_0%" #8                                                // resref (creature to be summoned) 
 WRITE_ASCIIE 0x70 "%rr#var_1%" #8                                                // resref2 (VVC to display)
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END                                                                                // ends ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME block
END                                                                                // ends ACTION_PHP_EACH
//==================================================================================
END                                                                                // ends Item Revisions compatibility block

IR's Rings of Elemental Control currently summon the wizard version of the respective lesser elementals. This can cause some issues as those creatures are scripted to enter mental combat after being summoned.
My mistake sorry, I forgot vanilla spells used different cre files for arcane and divine elementals. This issue never arised in my tests because I have SR installed. :(

I guess I have to assign them the "custom" variant files, and for consistency I have to make SR alter those cre files even if they are unused.

The Dragon Helm description says 20% but it only gives 10%.

There are two Namarra blades when the description implies it is unique. One is on the Crypt King, the other on the merchant in Brynnlaw.

Confirmed both.

special ability blinding beauty doesn't work.

Strange, everything seems fine looking the files, I'll try to test it in-game asap then. Does it not fire at all, or you see an animation but nothing happens?

I think there is two copies of the girdle of the champion
We'll check (aka Ardanis will).

shadow veil : the simulacrum copy doesn't have any attack script.
Well, it casr the original mage version of Simulacrum, thus it depends on the spell itself not IR. I actually don't recall seeing my illusionary clones use any script on their own even with SCS installed though...
Strange, everything seems fine looking the files, I'll try to test it in-game asap then. Does it not fire at all, or you see an animation but nothing happens?

it doesn't fire at all in my game;

Well, it cast the original mage version of Simulacrum, thus it depends on the spell itself not IR. I actually don't recall seeing my illusionary clones use any script on their own even with SCS installed though...

Considering shadow veil will be wield most of the time by pure fighter (they absolutely need an standard atteck script) , maybe a special simulacrum would be welcome.

Archived