IR v3 Feedback

Demivrgvs

The next IR beta, which should be out tomorrow

I'm afraid to ask....will it be today?

It should be ready after dinner yes. :)

He just eats a lot... Be patient.

So you guys don't get worried, I should inform you that the average Italian meal consists of:

Aperitivo, antipasto, primo, secondo, contorno, insalata, formaggi e frutta, and lastly the dessert, dolce. Afterwards Demi often feels the need for a coffee and a drink, so he goes for caffè and digestivo too.

As soon as our revered guru is out of the food coma, there will be lots of modding delight!

How to hurl Crom Faeyr? There is no "Abilities" button...

Which version of the game are you using?

Btw, the base Crom Faeyr is melee only, you have to switch it to the melee/ranged variant via ability (activated like you would with any x/day ability from weapons).

Hello! I wanted to share some thoughts on Blackrazor.

In my opinion this sword is supposed to be the ultimate evil weapon, yet it is somewhat disappointing. Keep in mind that choosing the good path in the greed test grants you +2
to all saving throws, while the reward for being greedy is only 15 hp plus the sword. Now I do not suggest of course that Blackrazor should become the best weapon in the game,
but it could be changed into something much more enticing. Rememeber that it's supposed to make you feel greedy and be something that you would be very unwilling to part with.

Here are some of my ideas:

1) Remove charm and fear immunities because they seem totally random.

2) Make it cursed. Also instead of regeneration perhaps it should drain your hps slowly just like Vampire's Revenge. In this case the item description will have to be changed.

3) Change the hasting effect into improved haste. The rationale behind this change is that at this point in the game your mages have the ability to cast haste during pretty
much every skirmish, which makes a simple hasting effect completely redundant. You hardly notice if it is there or not. And if it were changed to improved haste, you could at
least save your mages some spellslots and make one of your fighters more self-sufficient.

4) More hps should be recovered when souldrinking ability is triggered. I say 10 or 15. This would still get you less recovered hps per hit on average than Foebane, so I don't
see how this is op. Alternatively it could cast some lesser regeneration spell on wielder whenever the ability is activated. Something like 1 hp per round for one turn maybe.

5) Increase enchantment bonus to +4. This is not truly essential, but I think the weapon of such caliber deserves it. At this point in the game you should already have plenty
of +4 weapons, so it surely won't be op.

6) You could add a small chance of casting unholy blight on hit, but since this spell only affects the good it's probably useless. A tiny chance of disintegrate on hit might
be more useful. I know it's supposed to be a distinguishing feature of black blade of disaster, but that weapon can only be used by high-level mages.

7) Also I do not like the idea of Blackrazor (or any other weapon for that matter) making you lose control of your characters. That's just so dangerous, I doubt anyone will
want to use it if implemented.

Orc leather +2 could ve had a bit more + physical resistance % because currently it is only like 5% ahead of the splint mail available to the barbarian ie the orc leather gives very little benefit over the splint mail. Maybe add another +5-10% phys resistance bonus to the orc leather +2 and make it more restricted by class?(obviously, the barbarian is allowed).

Aeger's hide. Im not a fan of this fix. Anything with uncontrollability is a big NO NO in my book.

Also, i havent tried it yet but it seems that the axe of the unyielding +4 is a bit overnerfed. The vorpal effect could be 10% maybe?

because currently you first need to roll 5%, then beat the save - 6. lets say the save part is 50%

this means the chance of vorpal hit is (we ll take 70% chance to hit):

0.7*0.05*0.5=0.0175 or

1.75% !!!!!!

man this is waaay waaay too low. vorpals should all work ~10% of time so that the chance will be ~3.5% or close to roll a 1 in DnD at least :)))

1.75% to vorpal:

10 melee attacks: ~17% chance to vorpal.

3.5% vorpal:

10 melee attacks ~30% chance to vorpal at least once. This seems a bit more reasonable dont you think.

And yes about Blackrazor i agree with the poster above you may ve overnerfed it. You know what the level drain effect does very little or even nothing on most of the creatures the player fightes because they have no caster levels, mage levels, save/thac0 progression with levels. There is no such thing for most of the creatures and consequently draining 1 level on a failed save does literally nothing. Draining 1 level 10 times does nothing as well. The level drain should be brought back so there is a chance to kill the creatue with complete level overdrain. Or replace it with something useful.

@geg_Ma3gau which version of IR are you using?

What does it mean "unnatural creatures"? The description to the saving grace +3 shield.

?!? Do you mean Nature's Ward? Saving Grave is the "anti-undead" lathanderite shield.

Anyway, unnatural creatures includes pretty much everything except humanoids and animals.

- Orc leather +2 could ve had a bit more + physical resistance % because currently it is only like 5% ahead of the splint mail available to the barbarian ie the orc leather gives very little benefit over the splint mail. Maybe add another +5-10% phys resistance bonus to the orc leather +2 and make it more restricted by class?(obviously, the barbarian is allowed).

- Aeger's hide. Im not a fan of this fix. Anything with uncontrollability is a big NO NO in my book.

- Also, i havent tried it yet but it seems that the axe of the unyielding +4 is a bit overnerfed. The vorpal effect could be 10% maybe?

- And yes about Blackrazor i agree with the poster above you may ve overnerfed it. You know what the level drain effect does very little or even nothing on most of the creatures the player fightes because they have no caster levels, mage levels, save/thac0 progression with levels. There is no such thing for most of the creatures and consequently draining 1 level on a failed save does literally nothing. Draining 1 level 10 times does nothing as well. The level drain should be brought back so there is a chance to kill the creatue with complete level overdrain. Or replace it with something useful.

- I'm sympathetic to this and I may try to think about something. I don't know if raising physical res even more is the right solution though.

- I removed the uncontrollable rage a few builds ago.

- it's 10% chance now :)

- mmm...the whole "level drain sucks on enemie without assigned classes sucks" :mad: I'll think about it. I completely forgot to reply to the guy above! Sorry man. :(

What does it mean "unnatural creatures"? The description to the saving grace +3 shield.

?!? Do you mean Nature's Ward? Saving Grave is the "anti-undead" lathanderite shield.

Anyway, unnatural creatures includes pretty much everything except humanoids and animals.

- Orc leather +2 could ve had a bit more + physical resistance % because currently it is only like 5% ahead of the splint mail available to the barbarian ie the orc leather gives very little benefit over the splint mail. Maybe add another +5-10% phys resistance bonus to the orc leather +2 and make it more restricted by class?(obviously, the barbarian is allowed).

- Aeger's hide. Im not a fan of this fix. Anything with uncontrollability is a big NO NO in my book.

- Also, i havent tried it yet but it seems that the axe of the unyielding +4 is a bit overnerfed. The vorpal effect could be 10% maybe?

- And yes about Blackrazor i agree with the poster above you may ve overnerfed it. You know what the level drain effect does very little or even nothing on most of the creatures the player fightes because they have no caster levels, mage levels, save/thac0 progression with levels. There is no such thing for most of the creatures and consequently draining 1 level on a failed save does literally nothing. Draining 1 level 10 times does nothing as well. The level drain should be brought back so there is a chance to kill the creatue with complete level overdrain. Or replace it with something useful.

- I'm sympathetic to this and I may try to think about something. I don't know if raising physical res even more is the right solution though.

- mmm...the whole "level drain sucks on enemie without assigned classes sucks" :mad: I'll think about it. I completely forgot to reply to the guy above! Sorry man. :(

Dont forget the Soul reaver +4. Has this useless level drain trait as well.

i always wondered where do you get the Unholy Reaver +4 in game?

Dont forget the Soul reaver +4. Has this useless level drain trait as well.

i always wondered where do you get the Unholy Reaver +4 in game?

Soul Reaver should really be reworked. It's much weaker than most other 2-handed swords. Damage drain, 2 damage per 2 rounds, add to your own?

Hey i ve got a good idea maybe just replace the level drain effect with dolorous decay or contagion effect?

The creature with no character levels still obey the ability progression tables bonuses and penalties right?

Hey i ve got a good idea maybe just replace the level drain effect with dolorous decay or contagion effect?

I don't know, I don't want to get rid of level drain effects from the game. Ideally I could replace it with a combination of effects to reproduce the same result, and then use a custom sec-type to cure it, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

@Kreso, does SCS assign a class to a few more monsters, or does it "only" assign kits to those which already have a class?

The creature with no character levels still obey the ability progression tables bonuses and penalties right?

They do for STR and DEX, unfortunately they don't get proper hp bonus/penalty from CON. :(

Also, i ve noticed no item in the game gives chaotic commands up and running. Maybe Shuruppak's Plate +5 is the candidate since everyone can have the already presend ring of free action?

Greenstone Amulet grants full mind shield, and there are quite a few items with similar immunities, albeit notcomplete.

@Kreso, does SCS assign a class to a few more monsters, or does it "only" assign kits to those which already have a class?

All humanesque enemies (including Fire Giants) are "kitted", SCS will read from clab an assign whatever is there. Monsters aren't.

Archived