IR v3 Feedback

Demivrgvs

Potion of Magic Dispelling

Wasn't vanilla duration 5 rounds only? Since the potion is rather uncommon, I wouldn't mind it granting vanilla immunity for 2-3 rounds.

That said, there're few other potion items (cursed potions, holy water, ice dust, etc.) currently unchanged, so the decision may have to wait until the proper update to Potion Revision component.

Robes of Elemental Resistance

There's one issue I have with lesser robes - they're fairly common loot from enemy mages, which kinda prohibits us making them too expensive. This in turn means we can't make them too powerful because then you could buy a +3-5 item for comparably very low price.

I don't mind in the least making all the robes powerful enough to warrant their use even in ToB, but for that we need to reduce the amount of these robes in loot. I don't mind this either, but we'll have to cope with undroppable items. If that's fine with the rest of you, then cool.

Potion of Magic Dispelling

Wasn't vanilla duration 5 rounds only? Since the potion is rather uncommon, I wouldn't mind it granting vanilla immunity for 2-3 rounds.
My issue with it is that immunity to 5th level spells i the equivalent of SR's Greater Globe of Invulnerability, aka an 8th level spell. Potions should not grant such powerful effects.

That said, there're few other potion items (cursed potions, holy water, ice dust, etc.) currently unchanged, so the decision may have to wait until the proper update to Potion Revision component.
Wait a sec, which cursed potions did I missed?

As soon as you give me a link to your final build I can easily add there Holy Water and Potion of Ice Dust (why the hell they used a wand filename for it? And why on earth there's two of them?!? o.O Is the wand17 variant used anywhere? It seems not).

Robes of Elemental Resistance

There's one issue I have with lesser robes - they're fairly common loot from enemy mages, which kinda prohibits us making them too expensive. This in turn means we can't make them too powerful because then you could buy a +3-5 item for comparably very low price.

I don't mind in the least making all the robes powerful enough to warrant their use even in ToB, but for that we need to reduce the amount of these robes in loot. I don't mind this either, but we'll have to cope with undroppable items. If that's fine with the rest of you, then cool.

Didn't I handle well this matter when it comes to Traveler and Knave robes? :) The trick imo is to make them good for a specific reason or class build, without necessary requiring heavy enchantments and thus high value/price.

I don't know if we need to mess with droppable flags, probably not if I do my job well. That being said, I really don't see why each and every cloth or armor the enemy is using need to be droppable considering we could assume it as too damaged by the fight.

Got a question:

any chance you could actually add and revamp the two kazgaroth items?

Well, the BG2 Tweak pack adds the two bonus merchants to the game in chapter 6, which one of them has the horn and claw. Modifying them.. ehhmm.
Got a question:

any chance you could actually add and revamp the two kazgaroth items?

Well, the BG2 Tweak pack adds the two bonus merchants to the game in chapter 6, which one of them has the horn and claw. Modifying them.. ehhmm.

you probably play EE.

I've played Bg2 extensively and I can assure you that one merchant (the one inside the copper coronet) sells only Planescape torment related weapons\items.

While the other one (inside ribald's adventure mart) has few items, but the only one remarkable is the shield of balduran.

I've never seen claw of kazgaroth or horn being sold :p

You can't have the kazgaroth claw a

Are you sure? I never saw them selling them.

One has all items from planescape torment and the other one has

Move Silently is the only skill which actually matters for stealth feature - Hide in Shadows only affects your chance to become hidden, not stay hidden. Putting any points here is moot, since Move Silently covers both of them in a single ability.

AFAIK that's not how it works. When Asc64 was exploring NI with TobEx he found out they were completely interchangeable - i.e. (HIS + MS)/2 = chance to hide AND stay hidden.

Got a question:any chance you could actually add and revamp the two kazgaroth items?

you probably play EE.I've played Bg2 extensively and I can assure you that one merchant (the one inside the copper coronet) sells only Planescape torment related weapons\items.While the other one (inside ribald's adventure mart) has few items, but the only one remarkable is the shield of balduran.I've never seen claw of kazgaroth or horn being sold :pYou can't have the kazgaroth claw aAre you sure? I never saw them selling them.One has all items from planescape torment and the other one has
I dunno about BG2 but both horn and claw exist in vanilla BG1. I seem to recall Demi having a WTF-reaction to a claw of Kazgaroth (T-rex sized creature) being worn as a ring. :p

Hey there!

I am glad you are wanting to revise and balance the items in BG2!

The only thing that scares me is the nerf to the +6 weapons, bringing them down to +5. Melissan is a demi-god and immune to all but +6 weapons. This means with the nerf endgame is impossible now. We need to either make +6 weapons available at endgame or nerf Melissan so that +5 weapons can hit her.

Hey there!

The only thing that scares me is the nerf to the +6 weapons, bringing them down to +5. Melissan is a demi-god and immune to all but +6 weapons. This means with the nerf endgame is impossible now. We need to either make +6 weapons available at endgame or nerf Melissan so that +5 weapons can hit her.

Hi! First of all, welcome to G3. :)

Melissan only requires +3 enchantment to be hit (unless you are playing with some. Despite what many players think, no enemy in the entire game requires more than +4 enchantment to be hit, and the amount of enemies that require +4 can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Doesn't the Tanar'ri Lord in the Underdark, if you choose to fight him rather then sending him off or trading for the eggs, require +5? I thought he was the only enemy he did.

Doesn't the Tanar'ri Lord in the Underdark, if you choose to fight him rather then sending him off or trading for the eggs, require +5? I thought he was the only enemy he did.

That demon is somewhat bugged, he is immune to +4 weapons, but he is vulnerable to +3 ones. :D When IR's main component is installed the .cre file is patched to remove the immunity to +4 weapons.

Melissan only requires +3 enchantment to be hit (unless you are playing with some. Despite what many players think, no enemy in the entire game requires more than +4 enchantment to be hit, and the amount of enemies that require +4 can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Actually that's false on many levels, see it's not only the enchantment level that's a problem, but the other properties of the items that are required to hit the various creatures. You know, the item flags. That's how the above happens.

That demon is somewhat bugged, he is immune to +4 weapons, but he is vulnerable to +3 ones. :D When IR's main component is installed the .cre file is patched to remove the immunity to +4 weapons.

Aha! I always assumed he only needed +5 because my +4 weren't hitting him. Doh.

Looks like I need Item Revision for my next playthrough, then. :)

Actually that's false on many levels, see it's not only the enchantment level that's a problem, but the other properties of the items that are required to hit the various creatures. You know, the item flags. That's how the above happens.

Assuming you are talking about 'cold iron' or 'silver' flags that's actually limited to BG1 (and I'm willing to fix it considering how much issues they have caused during all these years). Within BG2 not even a single creature requires those flags.

Hey there!

Hi! First of all, welcome to G3. :)

Thanks for welcoming me! :)

I really hope you are right but the last run-through I did I had only +5 or worse weapons. After fighting her for some time her damage tag said "uninjured" despite many successful hits and my guys telling me "my weapon has no effect!" over and over. When I took out the only +6's I had, we started to take her down. I gathered from this evidence she needed +6 weapons.

I am going to download this mod for my next run-through regardless as it seems really awesome.

I really hope you are right but the last run-through I did I had only +5 or worse weapons. After fighting her for some time her damage tag said "uninjured" despite many successful hits and my guys telling me "my weapon has no effect!" over and over. When I took out the only +6's I had, we started to take her down. I gathered from this evidence she needed +6 weapons.

Melissan (with the semi-official Ascension mod anyway) has an ability called Divine Mantle that blocks weapons of less than +6 enchantment, however it can be removed by Breach (or even Dispel Magic if you have a bard or inquisitor).

I don't think so, any creature immune to +X enchantment weapons is automagically immune to (+X -1) weapons (+X -2) etc., that's just how the immunity to weapons opcode works - actually I wish it worked differently, then you could be much more selective with spell effects, i.e. make +1, +2, +3, +4 weapons equivalent to +7, +8, +9, +10 respectively for the purposes of hitting through Mantle or similar, then give undead creatures (depending on HD) an enchantment level of 7, 8, 9 and 10 for their natural attacks and make Protection from Undead block enchantment levels 7-10 rather than making the user untargettable by undead, so at least the spell-casting/ranged-attacker undead could pose some threat. Sadly, it can't be done...

Archived