IR v3 Feedback

Demivrgvs

If anything, I'd say that 1-h weapons actually got significant upgrades. Purifier is vastly improved and is easilly the single best weapon in game, same can be said for all bastard swords, which were, with a notable exeption (Foebane) quite bad in vanilla. There are many examples such as this - clubs are much better, daggers, even long-swords in general are better.

Daystar is practically identical. For some reason, I always forget to aquire this weapon anyway.

FoA and Unyielding axe were nerfed, but these 2 weapons were very OP in vanilla. FoA is fine now, especially for it's high enchantement (+3 is rare) and big damage dice.

Axe of Unyielding may be slightly too nerfed (previously it was 3HP/round regen, now you barely notice it), here I agree, since it in vanilla it had the fastest regen rate...+1HP/round would be more appropriate imo for an end-game axe. As it is, it can't compete with the rest of it's tier.

2-handed weapons deserved a boost if anything. Vanilla 1d10 just can't compete with 2x1d8 or, even worse, katanas dual-wielding for 2x1d10.

As general philosophy, I sympathise with IR's idea of nerfing many items properties. +3 enchantment should be rare.

On the other hand, the reason why many items are so powerful in the vanilla game is that the developers escalated the opposition to ludicrous levels. So, to compensate, they had to introduce some very powerful items.

Unfortunately it is not possible to evaluate how effective a weapon or an item is considering your average fight. I always consider instead the toughest fights and wonder: "Am I given too generous odds with this equipment of mine? Is this challenge too easy?" [while playing on Core settings] and my answer is "No".

I don't feel like I am taking a walk in the park. Some challenges (especially in ToB) are lethal, even with the best equipment.

Of course, I am just saying that recalling my playthrough of several years ago so please don't make me provide details. :)

Unless we did something wrong, I and Arda should have made this more interesting rather than less, both increasing the "value" of looted items (not in terms of gold but in terms of usefulness and variety) and the appeal of items sold by stores. Can you help me understand why do you think IR seem to do the opposite?

I'm starting a new BG2 playthrough now (as soon as I can get this freaking install to stop producing bugs), so I'll let you know how it goes. At the moment I've decided not to spec into flails, so the Nalia quest is going on the backburner I think.

Daystar is pretty much identical to vanilla's version (still +4, thac0 and damage unchanged), unless you believed at vanilla's "double damage" (it never truly inflicted 2x dmg, the description was wrong).
Ah, well that's my mistake then. I believed the double damage text. In that case, carry on.

Care to explain what's wrong about Blackrazor? It might seem nerfed but it's not. Its "on hit" ability is less game-changing than it was in vanilla but the positive effects last 3x longer. The change was mostly done as an effort to avoid issues with enemies killed by level drain.
Blackrazor definitely got nerfed. The on-hit ability happened roughly every 6-7 hits, which, even assuming some misses, would guarantee you had 100% uptime on your buff, since the effect lasts ~3 rounds. Now, you still have 100% uptime, but it's a way worse effect.

(Also, any weapon that makes you berserk goes out the window. Taking control away from PCs at high-level play is disastrous. Please don't re-add that effect!)

Flail of Ages has been nerfed yes, but by the time you get it (extremely early) it's still the best 1-handed weapon you can get, and remains so for most of SoA (within IR you don't get +4 weapons until the very end of SoA). Many players still consider it OP even in its current status, and before I nerfed it a second time (allowing a save to negate slow and similar effects) some even "accused" me of boosting it rather than nerfing it. Not sure why you consider it underwhelming.
~60% chance of 1d3 elemental damage really just becomes about 1.2 average extra elemental damage. The -2 to thac0 or AC is pretty middling, the best effect is the slow, which is still only 20% of the time, AND all of that allows a save.

Basically FoA is a straight up Flail +3 with some minor benefits (that you can't even count on to reliably provide troll-killing ability). No way I'm speccing flails just for that. 2d4 +3 + 1.2 ~~ 9ish damage. Why would I do that instead of, say, Lawgiver + 2, which you get with the very first, very short quest you do in Chapter 2? Lawgiver is 1d10 + 2 + at least 2 against almost everybody ~~ 9.5 damage. Not as good when you add in FoA's proc effects, but not that far off really.

Are you thinking about Balduran set in particular or something in general? The set is imagined to become very effective when worn as a whole, while making a single item grant very high magic resistance (like vanilla's Carsomyr did) would simply make that item too effective on its own imo, and allow the use of multiple of these supposedly "specialized" items to create a character full of high resistances or immunities. Otoh, if you think I added magic resistance (or other effects) too often please indicate me which items felt "too much of the same" and I'll try to do something about it.
Ok, will do. It's just that going through the Item Index I see some effects repeated, except they're kind of meh effects, so all it does is provide a lot of items with the same meh effects, rather than concentrate the effects on a few specific items separately. I suppose MR is special in that it stacks, so giving an item high MR is dangerous.

few ideas if you have any.

Oh, and I think 2H weapons got seriously buffed. 2WF is kind of meh now, since the best axe got nerfed, the best flail got nerfed, all the best longswords got nerfed, etc. 2H swords, halberds, etc are way more appealing.
This is inteded. Two weapon style was outstandingly better than any other style in vanilla, while now both 2-handed weapons and "sword & shield" style are much more viable for various reasons. That being said, I'm sure many hardcore players can tell you that even within IR dual wielding it's still the most effective style in most cases.
Yeah, I agree with increasing the power of 2H weapons, I'm just wary of doing it through nerfing the best options of 2WF. In the original game, I felt the superiority of 2WF vs. 2H was in their requiring MUCH more specialization points--functionally only viable for pure warriors. How many of those are you going to have in your party? 2? For example, if you wanted to dual-wield FoA and crom, you needed 5 + 5 + 3 = 13 spec points (or 5 + 2 + 3 = 10 for only 2* in your offhand crom). The former is completely unattainable for a fighter 9 dualed to mage for example, and the latter only attainable way deep in ToB, around 5.5M XP. On the other hand, a 2H only required 5 + 2 = 7 points, attainable at the very beginning of BG2.

For example, if you wanted to dual-wield FoA and crom, you needed 5 + 5 + 3 = 13 spec points (or 5 + 2 + 3 = 10 for only 2* in your offhand crom). The former is completely unattainable for a fighter 9 dualed to mage for example, and the latter only attainable way deep in ToB, around 5.5M XP. On the other hand, a 2H only required 5 + 2 = 7 points, attainable at the very beginning of BG2.

If you want to dual-wield, you don't need any prof points actually. :D Just put the weapon in your shield slot. On a more serious matter - in vanilla, wasting more than 1 or 2 prof points in hammers (if you want to dual wield Crom+Foa) is a waste - putting 5* in a weapon which is almost exclusively an off-hand weapon is quite useless. If you really want "proper" dual-wielding, it takes 5* for GM in main-hand, 3* in weapon style and 2 for off-hand - 10 total. You can also dual-wield same weapons (e.g. long-swords) and only waste 8 * for it.

Greetings.

First, let me congratulate you for IR. You did an amazing work.

I use many mods but for some reason i had never used IR before. I loved how mundane and useless items now have a purpose and overpowered items are nerfed. I admit i used robe of vecna and other OP items :) but now the game is more challenging and fun.

I have only minor things to report/ask:

The ring of Human Influence gives +1 bonus to Charisma. Not that it matters much but shouldn't it give +2 bonus as the description says ? ("Items that previously set characteristics to 18 or 19 will now grant +2 instead")

The sensible lore system is certainly an improvement but the BG2 universal lore is quite annoying. For example, in vanilla BG2 a simple Arrow +1 needs 20 lore, so an archer ranger who would have tremendous knowledge of arrows would need to get to L20 before he is able to identify it, the same level with a cavalier paladin that cannot use ranged weapons and supposedly has never seen an arrow. Does the engine permit a lore bonus to be applied only to certain items, so that certain classes have bonus lore when identifying certain items ?

Since bolt damage was raised to 1D10, should arrow and bullet damage be increased too (for example to 1d8 and 1d6 respectively) ?

I think Karajah's Armor is equipped by Hendak. Is there a way to obtain it without killing him ?

Is there any means for a mage to get protection from level drain now that the amulet of power does not grant it ? (I read in the description that Periapt of life protection can only be obtained by clerics). Also, what is the +X caster level bonus that some items grant ? Does it influence the damage of level dependent spells like skull trap ?

Would Robe of Larloch be overpowered if the +4 casting speed was kept considering you get it L5 of Watcher's Keep ?

When i equipped Shadow Dragon Armor on my archer, i noticed that the negative plane protection icon did not appear on the portrait. I opened leat19 in dltcep and saw that is uses the effect 169 "Immunity Special Effect Icon" with icon 59 "Psionic Energy Drain". Is this correct ? (other items that protect against LD use effect 142 "Display Special Effect Icon" with icon 90 "Negative Plane Protection")

Thank you again for providing this great mod.

Is there any means for a mage to get protection from level drain now that the amulet of power does not grant it ? (I read in the description that Periapt of life protection can only be obtained by clerics). Also, what is the +X caster level bonus that some items grant ? Does it influence the damage of level dependent spells like skull trap ?

Periapt of life protection can be bought in the temple of Lathander with the store revisions, so all classes can get it. It's possible you can get a second copy as a cleric, haven't tried that.

The + caster level bonuses works and yes it does increase spell damage. The best bonus imo is that you can dispel all the high level wizards earlier since dispel magic does a pure level check for its effects. Also makes it harder for opponents to dispel the equipped wizards buffs. Some summon spells also give better summons at higher levels and it's nice to access those earlier.

Speaking of Periapt of Life Protection/Amulet of Power/Metaspell Influence shuffling, I'm of two minds on it. On the one hand, I like that Metaspell isn't completely useless like in vanilla. On the other, the whole reason Aran Linvail gave you the AoP was because he's sending you against vampires so he's giving you a way to protect against drains. Having an arcane caster get level drained is one of the most obnoxious things in the game, because restoration does pretty much nothing, since recovered spell slots are all empty. Having a permanent level drain protection on your mage with a caster amulet I don't think is too overpowered--all it really means is your cleric has to cast Negative Plane Protection on someone else.

I feel like Vocalize and -1 casting speed is more powerful than extra level 1-4 spells and +2 caster level. So giving Immunity to level drains to the latter (AoP) means I would still prefer to wear Metaspell in general (especially late-game with Imp Alacrity), and switch to AoP when preparing for vampires--Or realistically, put Metaspell on a primary wizard/sorcerer who needs to be vocalized and who casts lots of spells, and AoP on a fighter-mage, who would benefit from the caster levels and extra spells, and also be more in danger of getting hit and level drained.

First, let me congratulate you for IR. You did an amazing work.

I use many mods but for some reason i had never used IR before. I loved how mundane and useless items now have a purpose and overpowered items are nerfed. I admit i used robe of vecna and other OP items :) but now the game is more challenging and fun.

First, let me excuse myself for taking so long to reply. Unfortunately I barely find the time to give a quick look at the forums from time to time and for some reason I almost forgot this topic. Anyway, let's go to the point...

Lore System

Does the engine permit a lore bonus to be applied only to certain items, so that certain classes have bonus lore when identifying certain items ?
Unfortunatley not.

Ranged Weapons

Since bolt damage was raised to 1D10, should arrow and bullet damage be increased too (for example to 1d8 and 1d6 respectively) ?
Within IR each launcher type has its own advantages:

- xbows are the most accurate and damaging

- bows have faster attack rate

- slings can be used while wielding a shield

Ring of Human Influence

The ring of Human Influence gives +1 bonus to Charisma. Not that it matters much but shouldn't it give +2 bonus as the description says ? ("Items that previously set characteristics to 18 or 19 will now grant +2 instead")
The ring's description is fine, what you quoted is a general guideline. We opted to lower the CHA bonus from +2 to +1 only because the item was providing a too easy way to get a discount on all stores.

Karajah's Armor

I think Karajah's Armor is equipped by Hendak. Is there a way to obtain it without killing him ?
Afaik no. I already expressed my doubts on this matter to Arda ages ago. I don't remember if he managed to convince me with some argument that this re-allocation was a good idea.

Robe of Larloch

Would Robe of Larloch be overpowered if the +4 casting speed was kept considering you get it L5 of Watcher's Keep ?
Yes. Unfortunately because of how Improved Alacrity works a huge casting speed bonus is extremely OP (up to x spells per round would be fine, but it allows to cast an almost infinite amount of spells).

Shadow Dragonhide Armor

When i equipped Shadow Dragon Armor on my archer, i noticed that the negative plane protection icon did not appear on the portrait. I opened leat19 in dltcep and saw that is uses the effect 169 "Immunity Special Effect Icon" with icon 59 "Psionic Energy Drain". Is this correct ? (other items that protect against LD use effect 142 "Display Special Effect Icon" with icon 90 "Negative Plane Protection")
IR's items generally don't display portrait icons unless they use the same effect of a spell and the two sources don't stack (e.g. Armor of Faith and the same spell cannot be used together).

Amulet of Power

April already answered to this. :)

Speaking of Periapt of Life Protection/Amulet of Power/Metaspell Influence shuffling, I'm of two minds on it. On the one hand, I like that Metaspell isn't completely useless like in vanilla. On the other, the whole reason Aran Linvail gave you the AoP was because he's sending you against vampires so he's giving you a way to protect against drains.
Leaving aside that we tend to not like items to be given so conveniently (e.g. one of the reasons why Mace of Disruption was re-allocated), I admit that in this case it would make sense if Aran told you something like "here, take these items which will be useful when fighting vampires", but he does not. I actually think developers just pick two random but very powerful items, and I don't even understand why Aran would give charname a spellcaster-only amulet when in theory the party might not even have one (getting a Periapt of Life Protection would have much more sense following your reasons imo).

I feel like Vocalize and -1 casting speed is more powerful than extra level 1-4 spells and +2 caster level.
That depends on the user:

* For a multi-class spellcaster (a cleric/mage in particular) the Amulet of Power is extremely more powerful imo. A multi-class spellcaster will probably never reach the caster level cap and thus that +2 bonus to caster level means a lot in terms of improving all his spells (more damage, longer duration, better summons, etc. - not to mention that the generally low caster level of a multi makes his buffs much more vulnerable to dispel checks). A multi might not even get Improved Alacrity (and he will surely not get it within KR), and without that broken HLA a slightly faster casting time is still good but not impressive at all imo.

* For a single class spellcaster, before the character reaches epic levels, picking one amulet or the other is just a matter of personal preference or playstyle as both amulets are very appealing. Once the caster reaches epic levels AoP's caster level bonus loses almost all of its appeal and Improved Alacrity makes AoMI the clearly best pick.

My toughts on confusion immunity items:

1) Lawgiver - in both BG1 and BG2 this weapon is quite easy to obtain. Price balances it's worth somewhat in BG2, but in BG1 this is easilly the most powerful 1-h weapon in game and is obtainable very fast, and for free (you just have to betray him to druids). Considering that it is already the most damaging 1-h BG1 weapon (and of a high enchantement) - I'd say such Confusion immunity needs to go. BG2 price could reflect that (by making it cheaper), or, the weapon could be tweaked (generic +1,+2 save vs spell, or something similar).

Now, IR may take BG1 into account with it's "Store revisions" component; however, this particular sword is quest-related and I see no reason why the guy wielding it shouldn't keep it.

2) Greenstone Amulet - again, in BG1 you can buy this very fast, and it's arguably the single best piece of equipment in the game (imo, shares this place with Spider's Bane, but you have to fight spiders to get this). Considering the set of immunities it provides (and it's vannila version both) it's quite OP in both BG1 and BG2 setting. For a tweak, I'd like it to keep immunity to Charm, and I'd add SR's Clairvoyace to it - +2 AC, immunity to backstab. I kind of feel it would fit this amulet. It would still be great, price could be left unchanged, but it wouldn't be as broken as now.

These 2 items are the only items which provide Confusion immunity in BG1, making them very valuable against SCS mages. Nerfing these will probably make the game quite more difficult, but I'd say that's ok. With KR & SR installed, you'll still have plenty of viable options against mages.

Lawgiver

- in both BG1 and BG2 this weapon is quite easy to obtain. Price balances it's worth somewhat in BG2, but in BG1 this is easilly the most powerful 1-h weapon in game and is obtainable very fast, and for free (you just have to betray him to druids). Considering that it is already the most damaging 1-h BG1 weapon (and of a high enchantement) - I'd say such Confusion immunity needs to go. BG2 price could reflect that (by making it cheaper), or, the weapon could be tweaked (generic +1,+2 save vs spell, or something similar).

Now, IR may take BG1 into account with it's "Store revisions" component; however, this particular sword is quest-related and I see no reason why the guy wielding it shouldn't keep it.

I kinda agree this sword is a bit too powerful for BG1, especially if it's neither hard to get nor expensive. Last time I worked on it I buffed its axiomatic effect because BG2 were complaining about it (it did not affect neutral creatures, but only chaotic ones), but while the end result is fine for BG2 imo it makes this blade too good for BG1. I need to think what to do though, as immunity to confusion is kinda a big part of the weapon's concept imo. Mmm...

Btw, speaking of how this sword is obtained, you were supposed the get the convenient anti-shapeshifter Kondar in vanilla, not the Lawgiver. Is it a problem? If it wasn't for BGEE I would have probably suggested to simply replace it with Albruin, but they already added it.

Las tbut not least, aren't there too many magical bastard sword swords between Albruin, Sword of Balduran and Lawgiver?

Greenstone Amulet

- again, in BG1 you can buy this very fast, and it's arguably the single best piece of equipment in the game (imo, shares this place with Spider's Bane, but you have to fight spiders to get this). Considering the set of immunities it provides (and it's vannila version both) it's quite OP in both BG1 and BG2 setting.
I do agree this amulet is OP for BG1, but I'm not sure it is for BG2. It's a very expensive, rather convenient item but by the time you can buy it the party has wide access to Chaotic Commands, Potion of Clarity and many other items. Is it so powerful to be considered OP? I do suggest to remove this amulet from BG1, but for the Underdark it's kinda fitting imo.

For a tweak, I'd like it to keep immunity to Charm, and I'd add SR's Clairvoyace to it - +2 AC, immunity to backstab. I kind of feel it would fit this amulet. It would still be great, price could be left unchanged, but it wouldn't be as broken as now.
Assuming I can be persuaded to nerf this item, I'm not sure I like your suggestion. Its current version is identical to PnP, and I always strive to remain as close a spossible to PnP. I could imagine to limit its array of immunities, but I would not change it so dramatically. Furthermore, your suggested change does not look like a nerf (two useful immunities and a big AC bonus), and would make Shield Amulet completely redundant.

Lawgiver

Btw, speaking of how this sword is obtained, you were supposed the get the convenient anti-shapeshifter Kondar in vanilla, not the Lawgiver. Is it a problem? If it wasn't for BGEE I would have probably suggested to simply replace it with Albruin, but they already added it.

It's not a problem...for Loup Garou there's Balduran's sword and Balduran's dagger already, all other werevolves are harmed by any magical weapon. There are 2 ways of getting it, so you might want to keep it as a "quest reward" only (then it indeed comes quite late - Baldur's Gate city after completing a quest, reward).

Las tbut not least, aren't there too many magical bastard sword swords between Albruin, Sword of Balduran and Lawgiver?

I don't play EE so don't have Albruin (which would be godsent in this early levels, btw), but I'd say even 2 are plenty - it's supposed to be a rather exotic weapon.

Greenstone Amulet

I do agree this amulet is OP for BG1, but I'm not sure it is for BG2. It's a very expensive, rather convenient item but by the time you can buy it the party has wide access to Chaotic Commands, Potion of Clarity and many other items. Is it so powerful to be considered OP? I do suggest to remove this amulet from BG1, but for the Underdark it's kinda fitting imo.

Convinient indeed....I think you're overestimating the power of Chaotic Commands when mages get involved in battles - SCS is keen on removing such protections very fast in battle, and Charm/Confusion are so very prominent (and deadly) all the way through ToB.

I really wouldn't just simply "remove it from game" since it's powerful. Same could be said for a number of items (Spider's Bane, Long Bow of Marksmanship, Martial Staff +2, etc.)

your suggested change does not look like a nerf (two useful immunities and a big AC bonus)

I wasn't thinking of nerfing it much, tbh. If it stays in BG2 Underdark, with the same price, it should be powerful. There are several battles in BG1 (albeit only SCS modded) where backstab immunity is useful. Confusion immunity, otoh, is useful in almost every single SCS battle involving mages after you hit level 6.

and would make Shield Amulet completely redundant.

Shield Amulet is ok for first half of BG2 (Trolls, Umber Hulks, generic humans, Sahaugin, Vampires etc.) - later, when high level magic comes into play, it is rather redundant anyway, except on a very low AC character builds (and even then I'd have serious doubts about using it - what good is an AC tank if he's disabled? And generally, AC of -15 or so is enough - a good shield and a decent set of armor + a few buffs. More than that is overkill for most of the time, and in that special cases your're not covered you'll want different tactics anyway.) - there are simply far better options for amulets. It's a very rare occurence for me that a PC dies to melee or arrows unless disabled after a certain level - it's magic that kills (think Beholders or the like) , not swords.

The "big picture" I had in mind was - in vanilla BG1, which features a much more simple spell system than BG2, there isn't a single item which will give you immunity to confusion effects on a "while equiped" basis .

Chaos is arguably the "Time Stop" spell of BG1 - the most powerful spell you can get hit by .

Cone of Cold and Sunfire are both nasty picks for level 5, but at least you can drink potions/retreat for healing etc. Getting confused usually results in several dead party members, if not all.

Hi there,

Nymph cloak : the special blind ability doesn't work.

Cloack of non detection doesn't display a portrait icon.

Rod of resurrection : as in vanilla. Is it not supposed to be like SCS? SCS skipp the rod component if IR is detected.:

Make the Healing and Resurrection powers of the Rod of Resurrection into separate powers (BG2,BGT)

Having a magic item which not only restores its target to life but also heals them fully is extremely powerful. This component mildly tones down this power, by giving the rod separate resurrection and healing powers. It can still restore its target to life, but they have only one hit point; it can also cast a Heal spell on living targets.

Wand of frost : Very powerfull item, shoud obviously allow a saving throw vs slow.

Btw, as I said in SCS topic, it is possible to target opponent under improved invisibility with wands. Should it be possible to fix it ?

Please, can someone explain to me what is the usefullness of non detection with SR and IR? I not very clear in my mind.

Nymph Cloak

the special blind ability doesn't work.
The current description is slightly misleading, because the actual range of such ability is 20', not 30' (I think I nerfed it at players request but I probably forgot to fix the description). Other than that the ability looks fine, could it be that you were expecting it to work with distant targets?

Cloak of Non-detection

Cloack of non detection doesn't display a portrait icon.
Now this is something worth discussing...the cloak's Non-detection doesn't work exactly as the spell, and with the upcoming SRv4 PnP version of it the two will behave even more differently. Overall I think the cloak is more or less fine as it is, as a tool almost only useful to thieves.

Please, can someone explain to me what is the usefullness of non detection with SR and IR? I not very clear in my mind.
I'll try to be short:

- the cloak keeps you invisible when using thief's hide skills, but it doesn't protect an invisible mage from anti-illusion spells such as TS which also remove illusionary protections

- vanilla's spell was "breached" by TS and similar spells because it was flagged as an illusionary protection, making it kinda pointless, while the current SR's Non-detection isn't breached, but it is still only reliable against a low level Detect Illusion spell (which doesn't dispel illusionary protections) or for a character with hiding skills

Rod of Resurrection

For some reason I left out rods from v3, the next release will indeed affect them as discussed here.

Wand of Frost

Very powerfull item, shoud obviously allow a saving throw vs slow.
We discussed if the slow effect could be saved or not ages ago, but back then wands were balanced more with BG2 in mind than BG1 imo, thus I'm open to re-discuss it. If there's a consensus I can either make 'slow' be completely avoidable or make its duration extremely reduced on a successful save.

Btw, as I said in SCS topic, it is possible to target opponent under improved invisibility with wands. Should it be possible to fix it ?
In a vanilla game it's not possible, but ToBEx might have added some tool to work on it, I'll give it a look again.
Nymph Cloak

snapback.pngDrAzTiK, on 07 October 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

the special blind ability doesn't work.

The current description is slightly misleading, because the actual range of such ability is 20', not 30' (I think I nerfed it at players request but I probably forgot to fix the description). Other than that the ability looks fine, could it be that you were expecting it to work with distant targets?

Well the ability is not working at all in my current install. No animation is displayed and nothing happens.

Wand of Frost :

Well, don't underestimate the power of slow : it's almost the same effect as been paralyzed... The player can take advantage of it more than the AI.

A opponent who is slowed is nearly dead considering you can hit and run him easily. I don't know how to explain but enemy mages who are slowed become incredibly more easy to finish. It's not just about having only -2 casting time.

I ofen prefer to use Wand of frost and be sure 100% the mage/fighter will be slowed over using a wand of paralyzation, especially if I have a few number of opposants.

At least, maybe give to wand of frost a power of 3 to allow minor globe of invulnerability to protect from it.

As I also said in SCS topic, the problem is also that you end finishing BG1 with more than 20 wands without buying one. (the mod "'hard time" make a good job about reducing the amount of charges and wands you can find in BG1)

It seems David Wallace like the fact that it is possible to target enemy under improved invisilbilty with wands. It could be interessing and quite balancing with vanilla wands but with IR, it makes all fight against mages like a walk in the park. (especially in BG1)

Kiel morning star et Berserk two handed sword :

These 2 items have one big problem. The fact that they are cursed make impossible for the character to switch to a ranged weapon or another mele weapon.

What about apply for these weapons the same Frenzy effect on hit you have made up in Kit revisions?

Archived