some bugs

Ishad Nha

If there is a crash, a crash log would be good. If there was a real crash, i hope when you write crash you really experienced a crash ;D

Actually, you also wrote freeze, so i just think it is a cutscene freeze.

That one could be ended by typing EndCutSceneMode() into the cheat console.

Adalon needs Drow to fight, summon the Drow that we killed.

In Ust Natha the key dialog between Solaufein and Phaere ended prematurely. (The dialog that leads Phaere to ordering his death.)

AR2401: War Elf characters have red circles, fortunately they disappear rather than fight the party. Exception was the last batch, they fought with the Drow against us. Shout script was the culprit?

Chapter 6 text, on one occasion, clashed with Anomen dialog causing a loop that I ended by closing the program.

AR2500, C6Elhan2.dlg: dialog with Elhan cuts out after "He has stepped beyond all bounds of decency, and our very city is under the weight of his thumb. Suldanessellar is simply gone." Problem may be: IsValidForPartyDialogue("NALIA")

L, Quickload shortcut key is not working.

Dialog problem I can't resolve. So I will take the actions from the dialog nodes, the ones that did not happen, and put them into a town script.

AR1800: Efreet and Dao remained invisible even after True Sight was cast.

Jarevia, Reviane did not recognize Jaheira as present in the party. This is a persistent problem. It may or may not be due to me importing and exporting PCs for various reasons.

Now I have finished all the tough fights that I left till last: liches and dragons. Next stop is Suldanesselar. Everything is going smoothly.

Flaw in the original game, there was supposed to have been a few weeks or months at Suldanesselar before Throne of Bhaal starts. Enough time for PCs to be healed and rested. Need to alter any cutscenes at the end in Suldanesselar so that the party is actually healed and rested!

Suldanesselar was going nicely until I regularly hit a cutscene that caused a crash:

[GameScript]: Displaying string on: surakw1

[ResourceManager]: Found 'SPWI602.spl' in 'Override'.

[ResourceManager]: Found 'minorglb.vvc' in 'GemRB Override'.

[ResourceManager]: Found 'minorglb.bam' in 'chitin.key'.

[ResourceManager]: Found 'SPWI607.spl' in 'chitin.key'.

[inventory/ERROR]: Invalid item equipped...

Script concludes as follows:

" ActionOverride("suspy",DestroySelf())

SetGlobal("Scene2","AR2800",2)

EndCutSceneMode()

END"

Creature suspy has Imoen's Belt, will this mess up the DestroySelf and cause a crash? No

Then SUElfW9.bcs was altered to remove reference to the cutscene modes CUT65A.BCS and CUT65B.BCS. This stopped the crashes.

Movie05*.bcs cutscenes did not centre on the spirits sent by Rillifane.

AR2900: Irenicus is unkillable.

AR2900: Irenicus is unkillable. This is due to the Helljon.dlg breaking down before the NPCs can speak. I mean the dialog state ends before the dialog sequence has finished running, so you only get a bit of the full dialog. Broken dialog is a frequent nuisance in key situations.

Finished up SoA, now it is on to the expansion. I installed the Wheels of Prophecy and Ascension mods. Fight with Illasera was tough, party concentrated on her till she went down. Anomen had Righteous Magic and Energy Blades going.

There is a broken dialog in talking to Sarevok for the first time. What I can do is uninstall all of my SoA mods and try with a new party. See if that cures the problem. If it does there is a problem with using Unfinished Business or Divine Remix, or both, on a GemRB install. That would be a pity as people here love their mods.

Edit:

Unfinished Business uninstalled:

New ToB game, ToB Fighter was the sole initial PC, dialog worked wholly correctly.

Party imported from Shadows of Amn, dialog was totally broken after Sarevok said "So. You have finally arrived. I have been waiting for you." (StrRef: 64071).

New ToB game with both mods installed? I will have to try this.

Having a fresh run-through with a new party. Using the mods Level 1 NPCs, Unfinished Business and Divine Remix. So far everything is going smoothly.

Party had a fight outdoors and used Wizard spells but no Cowled Enforcers showed up to warn them.

I dual-classed Yoshimo to a Mage, while his Thief class was supposed to be inactive he could still use all his Thief items.

Biggest plot-hole in BG2 is the starting dungeon. It takes the party days to get through it. Jon Irenicus just wipes out Cowled Wizards and Shadow Thieves whenever he finds them. He goes through them like a hot knife through butter. If he had a few days to spare he could presumably just kill all the Wizards and Thieves in Athkatla. So it is a wonder there are any left when the party meets him in Waukeen's Promenade.

Spell cast trigger is broken and does nothing. This was the case in the Tiris quest in Trademeet and the Vithal quest in the Underdark:

SpellCast([ANYONE],WIZARD_FREEDOM)

Vithal quest breaks as soon as he goes through the first portal. He never returns, broken timer? Jaheira return timer seemed to be broken too.

Sunfire seems to harm the caster! I will need to confirm this.

Fighting the Baalor in the Underdark caused a total crash. Neither the command prompt nor the log shed any real light on this issue. Once again it did not happen with the 240 (GemRB-win32-v0.7.1-240-g7fabd29) version. This is the conclusion to the log:

[unknown]: Performattack for Imoen, target is: Baalor

[Attack/COMBAT]: (Main) Left: 0 | Next: 4972742 [Missed]

[EffectQueue]: immune to effect: State:Hold

[EffectQueue]: Abdel Adrian saved against effect: Color:BriefRGB

[EffectQueue]: Abdel Adrian saved against effect: VisualSpellHit

[EffectQueue]: Abdel Adrian saved against effect: PlaySound

[EffectQueue]: Abdel Adrian saved against effect: PlaySound

[EffectQueue]: Jaheira saved against effect: Color:BriefRGB

[EffectQueue]: Jaheira saved against effect: VisualSpellHit

[EffectQueue]: Jaheira saved against effect: PlaySound

[EffectQueue]: Jaheira saved against effect: PlaySound

[EffectQueue]: Keldorn saved against effect: Color:BriefRGB

[EffectQueue]: Keldorn saved against effect: VisualSpellHit

[EffectQueue]: Keldorn saved against effect: PlaySound

[EffectQueue]: Keldorn saved against effect: PlaySound

[EffectQueue]: Nalia saved against effect: State:Hold

[EffectQueue]: Nalia saved against effect: Color:BriefRGB

[EffectQueue]: Nalia saved against effect: VisualSpellHit

[EffectQueue]: Nalia saved against effect: PlaySound

[EffectQueue]: Nalia saved against effect: PlaySound

[EffectQueue]: Imoen saved against effect: State:Hold

[EffectQueue]: Imoen saved against effect: Color:BriefRGB

[EffectQueue]: Imoen saved against effect: VisualSpellHit

[EffectQueue]: Imoen saved against effect: PlaySound

[EffectQueue]: Imoen saved against effect: PlaySound

Adalon dialog cuts out after this string:

"Silence! I... I will tell you when you may speak. This is a VERY important matter, and I will not be interrupted."

Fortunately it does not cause a crash, it just stops the party being turned into Drow...

The command prompt and the log give no clue as to what has happened.

Archived