some bugs

Ishad Nha

I downloaded the latest version of the GemRB game and then a lot of my problems went away.

http://sourceforge.n...dows/nmake-vs6/

http://sourceforge.n...indows/mingw32/

http://sourceforge.n...ows/nmake-vs10/

Generally, Tool Tips and time display lacking the "ink". You can see the outline of the letters.

AR1605:

Response: ...<CHARNAME>? <CHARNAME>?

First response index: 4

# responses: 4

Trigger index: -1

PPCowled.dlg cuts out at this point.

[ResourceManager]: Found 'interdia.2da' in 'Override'.

[Dialog/WARNING]: Can't redirect dialog

[ResourceManager]: Found 'PPCOWLED.dlg' in 'chitin.key'.

[Control/WARNING]: Nested event handlers are not supported!

No items on his body!

Quick item 1 MISC8V.ITM (Wardstone for Asylum)

Inventory 4 MISC3A.ITM (Book of Infinite Spells)

I have been installing and uninstalling mods all over the place, is this the cause.

Killing Ulvaryl is nice but not necessary at all.

Mods removed and re-installed were: G3 Anniversary, Divine Remix, Geomantic Sorceror, Unfinished Business. This had effects on Level 1 NPCs mod too. Only other mod installed is the BG2 Fixpack.

In gemrb.ini I found this line pair:

; Tooltip text color (RGBA)

TooltipColor = #f0b08000

Then I made this alteration:

; Tooltip text color (RGBA)

TooltipColor = f0b08000

Tooltip text is back, it is also bright green... Need to experiment with the colors, may find something more interesting than the dull old brown color.

Using the Divine Remix mod in GemRB snafu, a level 7 Silverstar of Selune has a messed-up spellbook!

He starts with no fewer than 12 first level spells memorized, ditto second level and third level. He only gets 9 fourth level spells. Solution is mercifully simple, start removing spells in the last spell slot until it disappears. Then go to the first slot and keep on removing spells one at a time.

I chose the Trueclass Sorceror, not the Geomantic Sorceror. Then I find features of the latter class added anyway. Geomantic Sorceror mod was removed, problem then went away.

"Cannot Give: Inventory Full", this crashes the program immediately and totally. Crash to Desktop is an extreme way of handling errors, a better alternative is to return to the main screen, unless the game can't be retrieved.

Problem reported in Post #106 at Brynnlaw: Perth the Adept problems. Seems he was talking to any member of the party, that could cause the dialog to derail. I sent in the protagonist by himself and dialog worked properly. Then he turned hostile, he was killed and the two items were on his body. (Previously you could fight him and kill him slowly, he would never turn hostile.)

AR1512: can't get the text to display in the statue room puzzles. The mod component, Bodhi hunts party in Spellhold may be causing the crashes. Dialog derailed there too. Remove it and see whether crashes stop? As the crashes are always to the desktop that stops any attempt to read the command line.

At the north west part of this level, the genie handed over the Doomplate immediately, there were no monsters lurking in the portal.

Wrong Item Type crashes to desktop immediately.

AR1512: can't get the text to display in the statue room puzzles. This is generally a problem in GemRB but not in BG2, seem to have a settings problem.

No, it won't display the messages on the screen, it won't display them in the text area and it won't even display them on the console. You get this in the console:

[ResourceManager]: Found 'chmf4g11.bam' in 'chitin.key'.

[GameScript]: Displaying string on: none

It could be the latest version of Gem, it could be missing font files in my install or it could the settings I use.

I am using version GemRB-win32-v0.7.1-14-g421b48c and I have WindowsXP as my platform.

You let the Vampire Ulvaryl and the Shadow Thieves weaken each other, then close in for the kill. I have an Undead Hunter protagonist who is of course immune to level drain, he goes into melee. Spellcasters toss damage spells. When Ulvaryl takes enough damgage she will turn into a gaseous cloud and flee.

Still no answers to the lack of display of text, for experienced BG2 players it is a minor annoyance. You can always find the text in Infinity Explorer.

Archived