some bugs

Ishad Nha

you wouldnt get a backtrace from GemRB. windows should provide access to one after it crashes. been awhile since ive used windows, but i recall there being a popup when a program crashes with a "details" button that would open the backtrace.

as for redirecting console. i do not know how to do that on windows i only know it is possible. GemRB itself has a file logger, but i dont think it is available to the windows builds right now.

I don't see any log anywhere, Gem may be crashing before the log can be written.

This trigger did not work at all in AR2100.BCS:

SpellCast([ANYONE],WIZARD_FREEDOM)

Global("makeMage","AR2100",0)

I changed it to:

Global("makeMage","AR2100",0)

It then worked when I next started the game, so the problem was that the scroll was not effecting:

SpellCast([ANYONE],WIZARD_FREEDOM)

(Divine Remix mod: Impregnable Mind and Impervious Sanctity of Mind do nothing against psionics. This means that one and only one Mind Flayer can paralyze the entire party indefinitely! I have two priests, a Holy Strategist of the Red Knight and a Silverstar of Selune, neither has access to Chaotic Commands. Thank goodness for the Greenstone Amulet which does protect against psionics.)

Mind Flayers paralyze themselves too! Hence there is nothing to fear from Intelligence drain.

Misc9Y.itm, Brine Potion seems to do nothing.

Now all of the three tunnels have been done, party has gone into Ust Natha.

Solaufein had to be consoled in for the meeting by the front gate of the city.

In the first appearance of Phaere in the tavern, after her rescue, her dialog went into a loop. This was cured by shutting down the game, clearing the cache and then restarting.

Lasaonar weapon was not handed over to party.

Dialog options were mixed up in listing the names of the Mages in the party, it listed two PCs who were not, but selecting the wrong name led to the selection of a Mage anyway.

This is being sent from the local internet café. On Saturday night people claiming to be from Microsoft rang me, saying that my computer was sending them error messages. A few hours after I got home on Monday the presumed thieves/scam merchants from Saturday night rang again. The phone ringer is always off but it rang anyway. Ditto last night too. Consequently I have Restored the computer and disconnected the internet at my place until I can resolve the situation. They had access to my computer.

Before this hiccup, I had an easy time doing the side quests in Ust Natha.

After rescuing the eggs and talking to Adalon there is a Cut scene crash, Cut44c.bcs:

It gets up to string 57560: "Now I shall bring us near the surface... to the ruins I guard."

Then it freezes. I will need to figure this one out. I have the command prompt text, which ends thus:

(Problem solved, the console printout is no longer needed.)

Archived