some bugs

Ishad Nha

Jaheira has been gone nine days, I don't know if or when she is coming back. So I altered the save file to have Jaheira at area AR1100, I then talked to her. She used the kicked-out dialog and started to leave, so I then used the Ctrl + Q command to forcibly add her to the party.

Then I altered a couple of variables to set things up at Harper HQ:

Global("JaheiraHarperPlot","GLOBAL",3)

Global("GalvareySpawn","GLOBAL",0)

Mazzy is being killed by a much weaker Gorf the Squisher....

Planar Prison, I had to use console to create both Haer'Dalis and Raelis Shai. This seems to be a continual problem with people not showing up when they are supposed to.

Windspear Hills, Garren returns too quickly, before the bandit fight in his cabin!

One possible alteration to the game: make a spell-targetting cursor override alteration of PC party order. I frequently go to cast a healing spell on a PC and the cursor changes to the alter party order cursor.

Now I am going through Firkraag's dungeon. Everything quite good with the vs10 version, none of the problems that I had with the VS6 version. Trying to do the G3 Anniversary mod.

I suspect that time does not pass travelling town to town, not in any way at all.

Two Pala Fentans in the one house at Trademeet.

Umar Hills, two sets of merchants, one inside and one set outside.

Staff of Thunder and Lightning +2 seems to harm the party every time it is used. I will need to check this.

What is this VS10 and VS6 version. Are they just different compilations of the same git head, or one is earlier? If yes, which was earlier?

If VS6 was latter, what is the problem.

About Pala Fentans: one is named Vara :)

"What is this VS10 and VS6 version. Are they just different compilations of the same git head, or one is earlier?"

I don't know what the difference is. The vs6 version does not display some of the text, like the names of items in stores and the names of save games, that sort of text. Two versions concerned are found on separate pages:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gemrb/files/Buildbot%20Binaries/Windows/nmake-vs6/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gemrb/files/Buildbot%20Binaries/Windows/nmake-vs10/

"About Pala Fentans: one is named Vara :)"

No Vara was a third Halfling woman, you had one Pala on the bed and another standing to the right of the bed. But that problem has gone away when I left and then visited the place again.

Edwin is nowhere to be seen, he was "disappeared" by the game. Haer'Dalis ditto.

I had to use the console to summon Garren, after we rescued his daughter. Firkraag's dungeon maze completed okay.

Third Paladin quest: at the end I had to console in Tyrianna, "PLGIRL01".

AR0411: Lavok's Sphere, Elder Orb disintegrated himself as soon as party entered Sphere. Well before we found Orb. Same story with the Director in Firkraag's dungeon, he did himself in with Ice Storm.

G3 Anniversay mod: FFCUST07.DLG Timer seems not to be working. Area AR0400, Drini was not there, had to stop game, clear out the cache and restart the game. He then was found in the area.

(Those G3 mod keg icons in BG2: both were okay in BG2 but not in Gem, latter had white background. Unfinished Business: U!KBOT1, U!KBOT2 ditto. The inventory icons seem to be the same size as the picked up icons, the latter are the icons you see when the item is in the Inventory screen but not contained in an actual slot.)

Area AR0411, Solamnic Knights turn hostile one at a time?! This is a fault in the original game too. It happens when party opens the door and goes to fight the Halflings.

Is it because the hostile Athasian Halflings have the GPShout script? I can always stick a patch in the area script.

Area AR0411, Solamnic Knights turn hostile one at a time?! This is a fault in the original game too. It happens when party opens the door and goes to fight the Halflings.

Is it because the hostile Athasian Halflings have the GPShout script? I can always stick a patch in the area script.

Original game engine script bugs will not be fixed 99.9%, because that would likely break compatibility. Use fixpack.

I think I already did use the Fixpack. I improvised a quickie solution and added it to the area script:

IF

OR(3)

Allegiance("OBSSOL01",ENEMY)

Allegiance("OBSSOL02",ENEMY)

Allegiance("OBSSOL03",ENEMY)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

ChangeEnemyAlly("OBSSOL01",NEUTRAL)

ChangeEnemyAlly("OBSSOL02",NEUTRAL)

ChangeEnemyAlly("OBSSOL03",NEUTRAL)

END

The three OBSSOL## creatures are the Solamnic Knights. This quick fix enables things to work regardless of what the problem actually is. It works in practice. Problem goes away when the nearby fighting ends.

I've added three Baldur's Gate 1 bugs to the Sourceforge bug tracker. Will anyone actually read them or is another way of reporting bugs preferred?

Eventually is a good word, regularly is another :)

The tracker is the best way to keep a bug report the most persistent, though it isn't checked every day.

This forum is faster, but less persistent.

And the irc channel is even faster, but even less persistent.

When first met, Djinni is not in his Lamp, the latter does nothing.

I've completed dungeon with GemRB-git and bg2demo.

Something wrong with Djinni here also, at first he appears before lamp,

without rubbing but when you are back with bottle, he's nowhere to

be seen, and rubbing does nothing. (No nothing, console and game

output is null after clicking, unless you are too far away).

Killing vampire Ulvaryl is almost impossible, I succeeded only after

few preemptive fireballs before engaging in talk, hasted party and

lot's of luck.

When dialogue ends, it's already to late to engage her as she's

turning to a bat immediately.

Archived