some bugs

Ishad Nha

Latest version, win32-v0.7.1-14-g421b48c, the Wrong Item Type function crashes game to desktop immediately, CTDs are annoying. This is also the function called when a container is full and hence can't accept any more items. Then the Write Magic function causes CTDs without fail. Version 7.1 is buggy, CTDs all over the place! As they are immediate crashes to the desktop, there is no console commentary to tell you what went wrong.

Is the problem coming from the need for Gem to handle both Second Edition games and the Third Edition Icewind Dale 2? If so, it might be better to have different versions of Gem for each Edition of D&D.

You let the Vampire Ulvaryl and the Shadow Thieves weaken each other, then close in for the kill. I have an Undead Hunter protagonist who is of course immune to level drain, he goes into melee. Spellcasters toss damage spells. When Ulvaryl takes enough damgage she will turn into a gaseous cloud and flee.

Still no answers to the lack of display of text, for experienced BG2 players it is a minor annoyance. You can always find the text in Infinity Explorer.

Here it was totally different. At the same moment Ulvaryl ended dialogue she slew instantly Thieves and turned into bat. It was necessary to attack her before she had chance to engage in dialogue, and still it took lot of luck to not enable her to flee.. This was the problem.

CTD is Crash To Desktop! The 7.1 version is rife with them. By going back to 7.0 I was actually able to scribe scrolls without crashing to the desktop. I finished Spellhold with no problems using version 7.0, everything worked well.

Now we come to one of the really dumb scenes in the history of computer games, trusting a (clearly unrepentant and untruthful) Saemon Havarian once again.

If these are mod errors, they are worth looking into because BG2 players love their mods. Gem will need to cater for mods if it is ever to finally replace the original games.

cant tell you what your problem is since you havent provided any backtraces nor message logs.

"cant tell you what your problem is since you havent provided any backtraces nor message logs."

As they are immediate crashes to the desktop, there is no console commentary to tell you what went wrong.

If backtraces nor message logs are something in addition to the console, I don't have them.

Brynnlaw, Brynnlawless, had to summon Saemon Havarian via console.

On the pirated ship, you need to speak to Saemon first... otherwise the entire ship business is derailed. This might seem to be an error in the program or the files but it is simply an artifact of the way the whole encounter was written.

Press Done as soon as possible on the text screen otherwise you get a mess when the Sahuagin talk to the party. Problem is that the battle is still going strong on the ship, and that is being reported to where the party is, even though the ship is supposed to have sunk!

redirecting console output is something that would be done at launchtime.

getting a backtrace is something you would either get by running though a debugger or presumably windows gives backtraces on crash just like every other operating system i've ever used. If they arent symbolicated that could be a problem; i dont know how our windows builds are configured.

"redirecting console output is something that would be done at launchtime."

How do you do that?

"getting a backtrace is something you would either get by running though a debugger or presumably windows gives backtraces on "

Usually the crash leaves none of those dialog screens, though you may get a few seconds warning...

Archived