Let's talk SWtOR!

Twani

I'm having hard time with the new flashpoint, because it's all battle and no talk, and I like talk. :) Then again, if there's talk, there's always someone who demands "press space, press space", so I think I'll skip getting reputation there and I'll just go and enjoy the game at its own pace. And maybe solo it's when I'm level 55, since it's not going anywhere.

I've had quite a weekend! Got my Bounty Hunter to the end of the Great Hunt(chapter 1), met Torian(heh, the game thinks he's a kid, too!) Nice guy, but I can't stand the tattoos under his eyes, and there's no customization with the same face, but without the tattoos, meh. :( But I'm still intrigued and I definitely want him in my party, so I'm going to check out Chapter 2 and Taris as soon as I get enough rest XP points.

What I like about the Bounty Hunter here is that her allegiance is starting to shape by this point. Right from the start her only code was "do exactly what the client said, do not betray the client". Then I realized that outside of that, she's having honor of sorts - she's not harming any innocents in the crossfire, and she'd give her opponent a fight if he asks for it and if she feels like it(and she does!) But she can be bloodthirsty and kills without hesitation if the contract demands it(that scared slicer girl on Balmorra who cried for her parents? So dead), and she likes violence(|Alderaan nobles? Bounty Hunter, kill this man! - Pay me double. - Here you go! - Ok. (shoot). But never betray the client. Never).

In other words, she's Mandalorian in nature. And... what do we have here? It's Mandalore himself, welcoming her to the fold! Hmm. Which is an interesting side of things. Mandalorian culture, Boba Fett, all that jazz. I'm in!

Then I got my lovely evil Jedi Councilor through Tatooine, and loved the story even more than Jedi Knight's(no spoilers, but it's another Jedi Master who's suffering because of the plague. Guess what happened to him? MYAHAHA!) Lookng forward to Alderaan. I just fear that Chapter 2 and 3 won't leave me as many possibilities at being evil. But as it is, we're having pretty fun times. Tharan is a good healer, we've a good working relationship, and I'm liking how the things are going with the Jedi Master-questgiver I'm assigned to.

Me: Hello, good Master Syo Bakarn! Remember that Jedi guy you wanted me to save? Well, I killed him. Again. Sorry, I had to - but it's all for the good of me the Republic.

Syo Bakarn: Oh. Certainly. The good of the Republic is everything.

(I think we're quietly sniggering evilly behind each other's backs).

Finally, I sighed deeply and went to get the dust off my Jedi Knight - she's finally through Chapter 1. And I did get spoiled - I went for the first R flashpoint after completing Chapter 1 and before I had teh vision - which kinda spoiled me a little. But never mind. Anyway, the story seems to be pretty epic, it just doesn't feel quite as personal. Maybe my Jedi is a bit detached, I don't know. Or maybe I just lose track a little, because SO MANY GRINDING QUESTS AND I HAVE TO COMPLETE THEM ALL. God.

But there're nice moments for my JK. For example, the quest with the tortured Joiner on Alderaan - I immediately thought of Vector and was so hurt and scared for him, I went to destroy the pain factory at once. And the thingy with the scary laser was interesting, though it didn't scare me at all, because everyone knows you have Plot Armor.

I did feel it was a waste to kill Lord Angral, his son on Coruscant and his apprentices. They were brilliant, they were great strategists, they were Empire, they were sarcastic, they were fun! In other words, they seemed like my sort of people(well, evil, yes, but rational evil, like Darth Jadus and Darth Baras, and I'd like to work with them in the Empire. As it was, I was only allowed to spare Watcher 1(hello, Watcher 1)). Sigh. Pity about the others.

Aaaaand the final goal for Jedi Knight is in sight, which is nice. And I've got 10000 affection on T7 and 9000 on Kira - Balmorra, Doc, here I come! Just let me finish those pesky bonus Nar Shaddaa series...

(I'm thinking Jedi Knight is not so interesting, because she's all "Just tell me how I need to help", just like Sith Warrior is "For the Empire!". When I complete my Agent/Inquisitor/Jedi Consular playthroughs right after, having fun with the dark side and skipping the less important quests, then, obviously, it's more interesting compared to "Do It All And Do It Light Side" approach).

Speaking of Balmorra, I love Balmorra. It's the place where you meet Malavai Quinn(Warrior), a place where you kill the Sith guy and take his loot(Inquisitor) just for fun, a place where you work for a completely inept and hilarious Imperial Intelligence guy(Bounty Hunter), and, finally, a place where you work for the Freedom Fighters as Agent! Er, and you're even supposed to have a romance, too. I'm not sure if you'll like it, Domi, but I think it's worth a try - we don't have many rebel romances, right? Only I took all evil choices(naturally, me still reeling from the Dominator news), and the guy suddenly got very dead as a result. Sorry, guy. :(

Naturally, I've yet to see Balmorra for the Republic side, but can't be THAT bad, right? It's got Doc!

(You'd be surprised at small and insignificant things my alignment depends on. For example, I just discovered that I accidentally upped my Agent's rep to Dark 2, so I have to bring it back to Dark 3 so I could wear the Interrogation Droid pet. And then I'll bring it back to Dark 1 to wear yellow eyes with "dark side corruption". By the way, pets are really nice and really cheap from GTN - check out lobels and vrblets, they're wonderfully cute!)

I'm a bit envious about your letters and family stories, so I'll tell my own. My characters are independent, mostly(well, I have sob stories like my Cipher used to live on the streets and then she got cybernetic implants(don't ask) and got noticed and started working for the Empire), but I imagine my Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior as secret sisters, with Jedi Knight being younger by seven or ten years. I imagine that a ship crashed, Jedi Knight's mother didn't survive, and the girl was just a baby and survived - and got trained as a Jedi Knight because she was Force-sensitive. But while Sith Warrior knows who the Hero of Tython really is, Jedi Knight has no idea. Heheh. I should write for Santa-Barbara series. Pity it got cancelled.

I bought all Grade 2 and Grade 4 ship schematics, by the way. Not very expensive, though Grade Ship armor 4 was like 30000. Still nice to have them all. Thank you for the good advice!

I haven't noticed that nearly all romance choices are light! Cool! But, yes, they are. :) I guess that's the way/leash to keep us on the light side - after all, people often take the romance characters with them, and nobody wants to get five -39 affection choices in a row. :D And, by the way, most healers are kind of light, too - Malavai Quinn, Talos Drellik, Doctor Lokin(reason=light, mostly), Mako, Tharan(he didn't agree to my Cosular giving the artifact to Czerka), Doc. Not sure about Smuggler's/Trooper's healer(not sure who they are), but probably the same.

And I've met a new Republic companion! The Smuggler got a random Wookie, Heh, of course Han Solo should have a Wookie! (I started suspecting something like that would happen as soon as I saw the Wookie. And - bam. It did). Yay, random Wookie, a bossy girl and a farm boy! I only need an old Jedi to make it complete. :D

(speaking of Princess Leia and pure Star Wars, I watched one of the latest Big Bang Theory episodes with Carrie Fisher and Darth Vader's voice cameos. Laughed until I had tears in my eyes!)

On the whole, I'm pretty happy with my Imperial companions and a bit sad that I can't get the same cool stuff for the Republic ones, but then again, if I haven't seen Kaliyo, Malavai, Gault and Khem first, I'd be okay with Aric, Corso, T7 and... okay, no, I would NOT be happy with Consular's first companion under any circumstances(facepalm). Still, Consular's Tharan's not bad, Trooper's Forex is pure joy, and I hope to meet someone else good down the Republic road, though my expectations are pretty meh at this point.

Twani, let us know how it goes with Watcher 2 after Chapter 1, please! I've watched Chapter1 stuff, but I'm interested about the finale of all this. Do they get a kiss after the Act 3 is over, or something?

And there's a somewhat ashamed confession from me: I finally tried THOSE outfits. Yep, I bought "loungewear"(which is a variation of a slave girl/dancer's outfit, only the back is a bit more covered) and my smuggler proudly wore it on Taris and Nar Shaddaa! Fun. :D I tried it on my Sith Warrior, too, but promptly quit it and bought a black laminated... something instead. But I get those who wear revealing outfits on themselves or their companions - it's kind of fun. Pity I don't have Social 2 rank for any my chars - I want that suit from Nar Shaddaa cantina(GTN/cartel packs chainmail bikinis are uglier, I think).

P.S. Did I mention how much Smuggler's Chapter 1 villain rocks? That distress call after Nar Shaddaa - oh god, I don't laugh at good sarcasm, but I sure appreciate it. :D

By the way, Twani, how does Smuggler and the dark side mix? From what I saw already, it's pretty good match(I went light, because Han Solo is light, but now I'm kinda having second thoughts), but I have no idea what Chapters 2 and 3 will bring.

I am just laughing my head of about Balmorra-Boremora... since that's like a destination of choice for me, and seems ages away. Oh, well. :) My husband's Inquisitor is officially scrapped and deleted - he clicked on a map while reading the advanced classes description and it locked them away, there was no reinitiating of that conversation. Hubby refused to contact Customer support or do research. He just hated the character from the get go, so I doubt it is a big loss. So, yeah, my Imperial Agent is on her own from now on. Gonna lay waste with Kalyio, hoping for a good story. She is the least leveled up of my 3 characters, Lvl 12 about to go to Kas (other 2 are both to level 14). I like making some evil choices, some good ones. Same with Smuggler, but now Riggs is watching over my shoulder so... not so much. Is anyone else finds the whole effort of getting into a cantina for a 2-exchange banter annoying? Really, Riggs, you couldn't told me you were off fighting as a young teen on the street? Really? Nobody would have noticed, I promise. So far the Imperial Agent is the best off in terms of a companion, because Riggs is underwhelming. The play for Smuggler and Imperial Agent is very similar in terms of tactics, but the Dirty Kick is way funnier than Shiv. I am actually considering the Dirty Fighting Tree for the pure fun of it. It is hard to run 3 chars simultaneously, so I am shelving the Trooper for now, and not starting the Sith. I hope to run them as a different Legacy or a younger generation of the same legacy. My husband said he did not like BH story on Hutta, is it better later?

I loved Bounty Hunter story on Hutta, especially the evil choices. But then again, I wasn't very fond of Agent's story on Hutta, so it's personal preference. Bounty story is, well, bounties. Out of the Imperial classes, it's the worst(I think), but only because other three are so good. On its own? I think it's okay. The class is solid, and it's got plenty of nice area of effect abilities(I'm a pyrotech powertech; that's special abilities trooper - I usually mirror my characters' Republic/Imperial advanced classes to make gameplay easier). But I'm determined to see all the stories. :) Sith Warrior is more interesting/easy to play, but that's just me.

The smuggler also meets some fairly decent people(and it's really a shame to kill or betray them), and, yeah, because of Corso and Republic side, I, too, went light side with the Smuggler(feels good to be the good guy). I really, really am scared for the fate of Act 1's main villain - I so don't want to kill him. I fear if I'm forced to, I'll go dark side and become a big-time pirate.

I usually level companions to 6000 affection right away, so all his affection dialogues happen at once: at the beginning of Chapter 1, at the beginning of Chapter 2, at the beginning of Chapter 3. But you can always leave their conversations for "between planets" - the ship serves as cantina in this case, and you'll have to visit the ship each time you finish a planet.

Love Dromund Kaas with the Agent. LoveitLoveitLove it. Nar Shaddaa, too, but Dromund Kaas... mmm! (happy sigh) And Quesh. Anyway, have fun! I think I went pure damage(left tree) on my Agent, but you'll be able to respec your char at any time at the Fleet(since you're a subscriber, it's free, just find the guy in the Combat Training section of the fleet, I think it's far left booth). You won't be able to change your Advanced Class, but respec all abilities? Easily.

After you get your ship, make your ship droid do crew missions all the time(if you got Underworld trading, grade 1 blue metals are good). You'll soon get 60k necessary for buying Corso's affection with weapon gifts from GTN section fleet companion gift shop. :)

Off: I finally got to testing that coded Branwen-Kivan banters(sorry, was too busy SWTORing!), so if you have a moment, please, post that you approve here.

T7 - completed Tython trials with Jedi // T7 - receive lightsaber upgrade?

From the same conversation, 'Jedi = always celebrity to T7'.

I am sorry, but I have the most adorable droid in the galaxy. Finally maxed him out, though I think he has an Act 3 quest or two I need to do and I haven't gotten it done yet so he's not on my maxed companion list yet. I don't have Kira anywhere near 9000, though. She languishes somewhere around 6000, as the only times I take her out is when I go to the Jedi Council, as I figure she has a right to know what's going on.

I have, however, finished Act 2 on my Jedi Knight, which means I have three new friends! Well, two new friends and one new ally. Maybe.

Doc is... interesting. He's charming, I'll give him that. My Jedi tried to explain to him that she couldn't be with him as she would be breaking her non-attachment policy, and he told her not to worry about it- he was a doctor, he could fix anything that broke. That got him some points, I admit. A cute line. But then you're meeting all his ex-girlfriends, and it's like... this guy. This guy. I'm pretty sure my Jedi Knight could do better, but I suppose he's all she's got. I'm still getting flirt options when I talk to him, but I'm unsure if I'm truly on the romance track because I haven't chosen them every time they come up and sometimes I've actually shot him down (His ex-girlfriend to him: 'I wish I'd never met you!' My Jedi Knight: 'You're not the only one.') I think I also might have told him that I wouldn't be with him if he was the last man on earth, but oddly, that was labeled a flirt option and only got me -2. I guess we'll see.

Amusing factor of the day: healing. I'm used to the Quinn/Lokin style of healing: 'Heals, my lord/agent.' Nice and calm. Or even the Mako/Guss style of healing, 'Woo! Heals! Here! Yayyyy!', all cheerful and helpful. What I am not used to is Doc's utterly frantic healing. "STAY ALIIIIIIIIVEEEE!" "Doc, I just changed the mod on my armor and upgraded it to more endurance. Seriously." "...KOLTO INCOMIIIIIIING!" Having said that, from a use standpoint, my character's not dying standards have went up fantastically. T7 might be the most adorable droid in existence, but tank + dps doesn't make for good survivability. DPS + healer, though... we're golden. Instead of finishing elite fights with T7 dead and me almost there, we're finishing them with both of us at full health, unless it's an extremely strong elite. Not bad at all.

So, my other new friend, I met on Hoth. He's an interesting guy, and I wouldn't have minded a romance with him. Cute: he always calls my character 'Master Jedi'. And more interesting, he's not just another clone. T7, Kira, and Doc basically all like the exact same options for the most part: always 'It is my duty as a Jedi', 'It is a duty and an honor', 'It is my duty to help', 'I am sure they can't stand up to a lightsaber', basically accept every quest with a smile and always ask everyone if they need medical attention. Companion number four likes when I talk about duty and honor, too, he's big on that- but he's a shade darker then the others. He likes when I push people to do better, when I scold people on occasion, when I remind people of their own duty rather then offer to solve everyone of their problems for them. I think he's still largely LS, but he doesn't feel like 'automatic approval hit LS button'. He actually seems to have a more indepth personality then the others, in which 'hit LS button' is largely an automatic 'win'.

Companion number five, I'll only talk about in a spoiler block, because: big spoiler for him and for a really bad novel you actually probably shouldn't read as it's just written poorly.

So, it's Lord Scourge.

You know. The guy who killed my dear exile by stabbing her in the back and then set Revan to be imprisoned for 300 years and generally go crazy. I think he scrapped their droids, too, just to be even more evil.

And he's standing around on my ship being all cultured and Sithy, and surprisingly, I don't hate him. I have to be very careful in conversations with him- mentioning so much as the Jedi code can get you a drop of -200 and some affection from one choice (I've never seen even Guss or Scorpio lose that much affection at once: he's insane). But he is smart. Clever. Utterly DS and not afraid to admit it, but with a trace of honor- still, I don't think there's any way in this world he's going to be redeemed. As he tells the Jedi Masters, he's sith and he's sith to the core: he just wants the Emperor dead as much as the Jedi do. I am completely unsure how I am going to gain any affection with him- so far testing him I could only get him to respond to DS choices, and I'm not going to make them just to please a companion (especially as I'm trying to max out light with this character). But he's certainly interesting, and interesting is good.

I really liked Quesh's one planet quest as my Jedi Knight. It's a simple thing- you deal with a Jedi who's failed in the code, and the Sith trying to kill him- but to me, it was memorable and enjoyable. In turn, I can't even remember what my Agent and my Smuggler even did on Quesh (vague memory of apprentices with my Inquisitor). I usually just do the class quest and skip the whole planet, and I did the same thing now. Your companions are just too quiet on Quesh. I couldn't get any of the three to respond to any of the world quests with affection or distaste, they were just... like ghosts. There for the class quest, no affection otherwise.

Hoth was pleasant as always. I really like Hoth. It's also interesting in that it's the one planet where it's extremely obvious that you aren't alone there. Most planets- Nar Shadaa, Tattooine, Alderran- you'd never really know that you were playing with the other side save for maybe that one quest on Tatooine that sends you both to the same Sand People camp. Otherwise, you have to run pretty far off the beaten path to see signs of the other classes, even though you'll find both sets of trainers just chilling on NS. Hoth, you will see other players. A quest location all Republic players following the world story are sent to has a Bounty Hunter story phrase in it. Both sides end their class storyline's in the same wreck of the same ship. On your way following the Republic world quest line, you'll probably run straight in to an Imperial respawn point with their flags and med droid (and then you'll probably scream speeder away as to not get flagged for PVP). While collecting supplies for a Republic quest, you'll find the spice crates and munitions crates used for a similar Imperial quest lying around the same area. For some reason, all that makes Hoth feel more alive to me. I'm glad I'm not on a PVP server, though.

Now going to try the Alderran bonus- I'm a bit over leveled for it, but I'd like to gain an extra level or two so I can shortcut through Belsavis and it's stupid walls everywhere policy. I just want to get to Voss; I love Voss.

Thoughts that aren't me babbling about my own characters:

For crafting money, Cybertech/Scavaging/Underworld Trading or Bio...um... tech?/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy are good money makers. Everyone needs stims/health packs, and everyone needs mods. It's a lot harder to make money with making armor or weapons, as most people just get their gear from their class quests and the comm vendors. You need to do a lot of scavaging/bioanalysis though to get where you want to be. Spend extra time on each planet looking for nodes, and kill strong or elite droids/creatures and get items from them. If you get to a planet and you find your scavaging/bioanalysis is too low for it, stop and go back to the planet before and get your points up. You'll have to do some scavaging/bioanalysis missions in the end- it's almost inevitable- but you want to do as few as possible, and use most of your money on the Underworld Trading/Diplomacy (if you have that third skill unlocked).

Trooper has Elena for healer, and she's as light as it gets. Smuggler's Guss is actually pretty neutral, but he doesn't like being mean, so it usually tends towards LS (what Guss really likes are the 'MONEYYYYYYY CREDS PLZ' options).

I think you could play a pretty decent dark smuggler. You are working for the republic to some degree in later acts, but you're basically given full authority to do whatever the heck you want while doing it, so you can play it pretty dark side. If you play a character who hates betrayal and people hunting for her, there are a lot of DS options. It's doable in the class quests, but harder otherwise, though, because world quests- DS on Republic side is often 'HURT THE EMPIRE BEFORE THEY HURT YOU CIVILIANS WHO CARES LA DE DA', so ironically, unless you're playing a hard core Republic loyalist, DS options don't really make much sense (execute random empire guy or take him in- you're unlikely to give a darn one way or another, unless you really just like executing people). It's not till you're fourth companion that you really have a companion that likes DS, though- Risha will occasionally give her approval if it's practical, but Corso and Stupid Wookie Name I Can Never Spell are all LS yay.

I'll keep you updated on Watcher Two. I think I might play one of my two Agents, or try my Councilor (I remade her with the exact same face so I could get the achievements on Tython and Corosaunt, because I am that lame). I want my Jedi Knight to get some rest XP, same with my Inquisitor. Hm, my BH and Trooper should probably be good to play, too...

Of course, I have some actual work this week and I'm swearing I'm going to write a bit for my mod, so I'm probably not going to get to play as much as I've been playing. Ah well, real life. It happens. :)

Aww, I'd play all day, but alas, working week and all that. :D By the way, Bounty Week starting today! Domi, if any of your chars are level 15 or will be level 15 before next Tuesday, visit Cartel Bazaar on the fleet - you'll get a new and maybe fun quest. Especially for Empire chars - my Agent, for one, enjoyed tracking bounties a great deal!

I'm pleasantly surprised by Nar Shaddaa Bonus Series for the Republic - they seem to be rather short(or maybe I was overlevelled and familiar with the territory) and rather fun. The quest giver(handsome Republic SIS agent in Imperial Intelligence headquarters!) was rather interesting, too - I wouldn't have minded a flirt or two. Or maybe he just looked good in Imperial uniform. :)

I've finally got Kira to 10000(so many ESC keys, so little time!), so now she'll definitely stay on the ship once I get Doc. I know Doc's a cad, and I definitely would have loved another Jedi knight or someone else for her romance, who'd be less of a womanizer. But then I watched Doc's proposal video(rejection), and I must say, I liked the atmosphere of familiarity and almost... being a family? So I think a part of me is interested. And I'm DEFINITELY choosing "Not if you were the last man on Earth", heheheh. Love this sort of Leia-Han bickering. (I wonder if any SWTOR romance got a "I love you - I know" thingy?)

And I love T7, though maybe not as much as I could have. I'm probably an egocentric egoist - I want to be in the center of attention, I want him to be my R2D2, and R2D2 was about Luke and friends, not some old masters and smugglers, grrr!! (Yeah, that was me reeling from T7's Chapter 2 dialogues. Not a word about us saving a planet! Though he was genuinely happy at seeing teh vision, it was a bit touching).

But he's nice, all right, and saved my life a couple of times, too. Though, strangely, I think Kira dishes more damage when both of them have maxed gear.

I don't know squat about my fourth Jedi Knight companion(after Doc), but he doesn't look too bad on Wiki(someone like Lt. Pierce, right?) so I'll look forward to meeting him, but I won't be all giddy with anticipation.

And my fifth companion... heheheh. Helloooo, LORD SPOILER! Know what? I'm going to steal your joooooob!

(seriously, I've seen only a glimpse of him on Youtube, and he's awesome. No, AWESOME! How come Jedi Knight got him and not the Empire? COME BACK TO THE DARK SIDE! WE HAVE COOKIES AND A JACUZZI!) But, okay, I won't say more is that he's 1) dark; 2) involved with Kotor 1 and Kotor 2 storyline, including Revan and the Exile; 3) awesome.

(I haven't read the book, but I have read That Scene from the book. It wasn't too bad. I feel really bad for the Exile, though. Revan's unkillable. AND Revan's got HK. Forevah! Speaking of HK, a part of me wants to meet him so much, but I'm a bit afraid to be disappointed - after all, HK got the best lines in KOTOR-1; can it get even better? Can it?)

Speaking of Doc's heals, I think my heart immediately melted when I heard Malavai Quinn's "Didn't lose you". AWWWWWW! A big, huge, loving AWW here.

(I think if Vector was a healer, he'd totally break all hearts everywhere).

(And, hey, hey, Quesh was FANTASTIC for the Agent! First, you get the thing, and then you return and you put the thing into effect! And final showdown! And hunter! And a big boom! ... and it's ten thousand times better than this, but *spoilers*).

Hoth's got beautiful sad music playing in the distance. But damn that handsome and reasonable Chiss captain! I have to choose to give him the promotion every single time(except for my Sith Inquisitor, because she's Eeeevil), because I feel awfully guilty when I don't. :D

I started becoming aware of other fraction's players on Nar Shaddaa, when I accidentally got flagged for PvP for the first time. (Got killed, twice, spent a scared hour at the cantina - PvP flag didn't want to go away, finally sighed with relief. Never again! I hate these times when you have to go close to the Republic encampment to discover the whole map of your area for the achievement. Sigh.) And I had a fun story once - I went to Nar Shaddaa world boss and saw a group of players ready to kill him. I asked them to join(over general chat), no one replied. I tried to whisper to them, but couldn't. And finally I realized - these were Republic guys! One of them even tried to shove me away with his speeder. Ha! Well, I quick-travelled away, but that was embarrassing. "Hi, guys, I'm a Sith Lord, take me in! I want to defect!"

I think we're getting very few light and dark points, in general. My Sith Warrior's got Diplomacy(a crew skill that gives extra light or dark points, if you need any), so she's probably got like 30000+++ Light Points(passed the 10000 bar in Act 1, never got a single Dark point), but my Jedi Knight who makes every light side decision in the game? She's barely Light 3 after Act 1. And my Sith Inquisitor, who's making dark decisions, but skips half of the quests? Dark 3, and well on the way to Dark 4. Same result. So I wish that people who don't have Diplomacy could get more quests with light/dark rewards. Otherwise we'd have to re-run Black Talon ten times, and that's not very efficient.

This Doc guy sounds like a bit of fun. I killed an hour yesterday getting killed on the Black Talon flashpoint, and yeah, never again on my own. I'd cue for a group erm... some other time. On the upside, I now know my Sniper's repertoire and buttons pretty well. Due to the whole dying thing, I only got to level 13 with her, so she is a level behind the other characters. I really like the Imperial setting, but didn't like the DS as in Dark Stupid choices. How's killing off the slaves quickly and efficiently is a LS choice? Should be neutral... LS is to go and warn them. Anyways, I am trying to define my characters' personality, and kindda can't, because I was trying to hard to please Kalyio. I am afraid that playing pragmatic is going to land me in the LS instead of sticking to neutrality I planned. It's hit and miss with Kalyio affection, but I sort of understand why I lose points for some choices (i.e. patting an alien on the back for being good employee irked her because she doesn't like people serving the cause). I am not sure I like being rude just to please her. Darth Jadus seem pretty cool character, he certainly has more charisma than my boss. One disappointment: after we started so well with that Zabrak back on Hutta, there was no flirtatious options whatsoever. Boo.

You'll get to flirt on Balmorra, and then a full romance will start with some flirts on Aldarran. And, yeah, I miss regular flirting with everyone, too.

The choice with "kill the slaves quickly or torture them slowly and let them die in agony" is one of the most controversial I've seen in the entire game, I think - no way that's LS. My characters tend to avoid that quest from now on.

I think Kaliyo approves some pretty Dark choices - I remember there was hardly an LS option she liked; mostly it's "let's rob 'em, shoot 'em and space 'em". And Darth Jadus is cool. :)

Agent's got some fragility, so make sure that Kaliyo's got her "tank" ability turned on(you can click on her abilities panel to make it vertical - find the ability that increases threat, it should be activated all the time). Then the enemies will attack her. I think the Empire's cool, but, yeah, most pragmatic/reasonable choices are definitely LS.

My Agent's personality took drastic steps left and right(and I'm loving it!) There are so many opportunities... though, well, I won't spoil anything. :D

P.S. Speaking about in-game money, does any subscriber want to get a free ~thousand Cartel coins? That is, if you're a subscriber and haven't participated in Friends of SWTOR program yet.

(the program itself can be read about here: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends)

Basically, two users log in and click each other's referral links(you get your own link by clicking "invite a friend" button from that page). My link is here, but only click it if you want to, and then tell me your username and your link, so I could click it in return. Each of us gets 500 cartel coins at once, and a hundred more every month of other's person's subscription - my own subscription runs at least until 17 July, which means five more months.

Okay, I clicked it. It says 'this referral already exists' so I assume it worked. EDIT: It sent me notice about changes to my subscriptions, but no details. So, fingers crossed I did not mess up and re-subscribed or something. It still has the original sub on my account page. I will watch out for it. I am such a noob with all those things.

I am thinking about my second generation of characters, and I figure I will be doing a female Pureblood Sith Warrior (because everyone seem to love Quinn), a Rattataki Bounty Hunter - is Thorian or Maco better as a romantic sub-plot, should I try a male for once? I already have a female Miralian Trooper on the glorious lvl 3, so I will run with her & Aric.

I like Torian's first meeting, but I just had internet off for an entire evening(provider problem), so I can't comment on that yet, alas. Clicked your link! And I think it worked - you should be getting an extra week of subscription(I did) and 600 cartel coins, I hope. :D

Archived